Natural 20: Alara's Arrival

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
Alara's Arrival

A new player joins the group...and tries to save them from themselves. And some racist guards.

Watch Video

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
What did he say how they survived? Love check or laugh check? Were they flirty or funny?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Welcome to the Escapist. I personally am awaiting further episodes.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
Mister K said:
We're glad to be here! Episodes air every two weeks. See you back here on Thursday 1/21/16?!

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Natural_20 said:
They survived by way of "bluff checks, mostly."
Not knowing what actual pen and paper rules can be and what house rules are established, it still could go one, other or both ways.

And welcome.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Natural_20 said:
Mister K said:
We're glad to be here! Episodes air every two weeks. See you back here on Thursday 1/21/16?!
Yep. See you then.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Interested to watch more.

My only criticism is how the video was presented on The Escapist Latest Videos web pages. As a non-D&D player I had no idea what "Natural 20" could even mean, or knew if it actually was a reference. It held no meaning to me. And because of that, I didn't know what the thumbnail meant. It's appropriate to the episode, however. I wouldn't have watched this if I hadn't inspected the comments forum to find out what exactly is this video? I would have been grievously deprived.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Ha, neat show. I'll look forward to other episodes.

Is it filmed all at once or filmed and edited in between?

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
This was ... actually quite good.

I was amused.

Though, it's that kind of party, I see.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
scw55 said:

My only criticism is how the video was presented on The Escapist Latest Videos web pages. As a non-D&D player I had no idea what "Natural 20" could even mean, or knew if it actually was a reference. It held no meaning to me. And because of that, I didn't know what the thumbnail meant. It's appropriate to the episode, however. I wouldn't have watched this if I hadn't inspected the comments forum to find out what exactly is this video? I would have been grievously deprived.
Scw55 - We're certainly glad you dug around for the right information! We'll brainstorm / find a better way to get non DND folk here.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
Nurb said:

We film two episodes in a weekend and edit/mix between shoots.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
the silence said:
This was ... actually quite good.

I was amused.

Though, it's that kind of party, I see.
Glad you were entertained. Keep coming back. There's MUCH more to see.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
Brainstrain said:
Nurb said:

It was filmed last year.
True! We filmed Alara's Arrival (Ep. 101) and The Life & Death of Giblets (Ep. 102) in 2014. Ep. 103 and on were filmed in 2015 / into 2016.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Ah, I was wondering what became of bringing this to the site, since there was some talk in, let's see... March last year. Well, better late, and all that.

Welcome.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
scw55 said:

I don't know if you've found it out already on your own, but in case you didn't:

"Natural 20" is when you roll a 20-sided die and get 20 - a critical hit on anything you are doing: fighting, stealing, convincing and so on and on. But I am not a d&d player, so I may be wrong.
fractal_butterfly said:
What's with the hate for D&D 4th Edition...?
As I said to the other guy, I am not a D&D player, but from what I remember, D&D 4th Edition considered to be "dumbed down" compared to 3.5.

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
fractal_butterfly said:
Mister K said:
scw55 said:
fractal_butterfly said:
What's with the hate for D&D 4th Edition...?
As I said to the other guy, I am not a D&D player, but from what I remember, D&D 4th Edition considered to be "dumbed down" compared to 3.5.
Yes, that's what everyone is repeating, who has no clue about Role Playing Systems ;-)
and people who've been playing since first edition.