Natural talent(s) you have.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I'm good a spelling, pronouncing and generally using the English language.
I've only ever met one man that I'd say beats me in my lack of motivation.
My episodic memory is pretty great, but that has it's bad sides as I'm still angry at myself for mistakes from years ago.
I'm a good team player. Whatever's fine for most people is fine by me.
I'm excellent at being alone.

stormeris said:
I'm decent at drawing in MS paint.
It's the ease of access that gives MS Paint a bad name. It's people like you that demonstrate you can actually do some really nice stuff in it.

Nubrain

Sep 17, 2010
I'm very patient which helps great in repetitive detailed tasks. I'm right now in the middle of making an 8-bit granny square afghan for the desert bus craft along that involved making 576 squares and then hand sewing them together. it's pretty much consumed my life for the last 2 and a half months. At this point I'm just thrilled that I haven't quit yet.

the other natural talent I have that I'm particularly proud of is that not only am I good at putting things together I actually enjoy it. Ever since I was 6 or 7 I'd love putting things together be they furniture or toys it got to the point that at Christmas time my aunts and uncles would wait for us to visit so I could put the stuff together....yeah I guess I was a weird kid.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Hmm. Wouldn't know about "natural". I have a knack for understanding foreign grammar and spelling, is that a thing? I remember being ridiculously good with both English and French grammar in school. Then again, I'd been watching American TV since I was four, so English came naturally for me as a kid. I'm also fairly skilled in drawing, however that is all thanks to practising at least once every week for eight years.

The only natural (that is, untrained) thing I can actually think of is that I'm good with sensing people, what they're feeling, whether or not their lying or hiding something, whether or not they're hiding pain. I think people find it a bit unnerving sometimes.

The funny thing is, I'm not especially good at interacting with new people, however if they're suffering in some way, either physically or mentally, and they're looking for comfort or advice, I'm suddenly ten times better at it. I suppose that's a good thing for when I become a nurse.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I have a really good visual memory and can teach you anything I know in a way that you'll understand it.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I'm good with languages; I tend to pick them up pretty easily. The grammar and pronunciation. If I actually had done the homework, my German and Spanish grades would have been consistently A+. Hopefully this comes in handy whenever I get around to learning Japanese.

I also have a weird knack for figuring people out with minimal information. At times, I could so much as glance at someone and be able to get a good idea of what they're like as a person. Semi-related.. I guess, is that I'm good with animals. Thus far, it hasn't mattered how unfriendly an animal is to anyone else, it's always OK with me. And I kind of feel like I understand how to interact with them better than most people I know. :I

Also I'm decent at drawing and creative writing [http://ecoeclipse.deviantart.com/]. Nothing special, but not horrible either.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
I can remember anything, provided it's sufficiently unimportant. I'm a great climber. In elementary school one of my nicknames was "ninja warrior" after that crazy Japanese show because I was always doing insane stunts on the jungle gym. Despite disliking kids in general, I'm good with children, and they always seem to adore me. I'm good at writing short stories, though I have trouble with inspiration. I'm very good at making people laugh. I'm a relatively good shot with a bow or a gun. Oh, and my coach says I'm a natural fencer.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
I have the ability to break down other peoples behavior really well. I am usually right on when it comes to figuring somebody else out. Even if they are trying their hardest to be fake. Fake people can't fool me with their bullshit.

nvzboy

Dec 29, 2012
I seem to have a knack of memorising details of seemingly unimportant events that still mean a lot to me. Small victories in life so to speak. When I first found the seafloor cavern in pokemon ruby and the groudon within I can still remember I was in a waiting room for the kinesitherapist and I had to contain my happiness and exitement. I also remember to the square exact where I caught Latios for the first time.
Things like lyrics and lines from movies and games stick by me pretty well too, I know nearly every person's dialog in Fallout new vegas by heart.

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
I can play the drums and I did it with no one helping me nor did I ever practice.

I'm also braver than most. I remember having to kill spiders for my friends when they were too scared to do so.

Oct 2, 2012
I don't have much. I can focus on a lot of things at once (great multitasker), I can do really good work on things while not focusing at all, I do my best work under pressure (but emotionally I can't handle pressure very well) and I can bullshit my way through the britches of any girl and out of the backseat of any cop car.
In fact, I probably wouldn't have passed 10th grade without my ability to bullshit.

And I can count to purple. Who else can count to purple?

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
I'm fairly good with words. I've always been at the top of my class when languages were concerned (in spite of being average at everything else). I always know what to say to achieve the desired effect, although certain nuances are understood by some audiences and completely overlooked by others (so I end up looking like an idiot to an uneducated crowd when attempting to work with implications and allusions). This is extremely handy when I'm in a relationship. Somehow I always know what my girlfriends want to hear.

This is not really a natural tallent though, I worked quite hard to get where I am.

What I do have a natural talent for is writing (I think). I've been told my written expression is witty and well-structured, even though I don't write all that much. It's one of the things I want to do but don't get around to it very often.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Apparently I'm a great writer. I like to write comedy writing more than fiction, but I'd like to think I could make money like Bill Bryson.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Heh, sometimes it's fun to have a thread where people can basically praise themselves. ^^

Some more of my own:
-I'm really good with kids, even though I don't particularly like them. Especially ones in the 3~10 year range.
-I have a natural talent for English. I don't know a single grammatical rule or anything about sentence structure rules, but here I am, typing and speaking in English like I grew up with the language.
-And one that I learned about not too long ago: I'm very fast when I want to be, in reaction, running speed and perception. A friend noted it during one of our LARP events, after a battle.

Quasar97

Feb 1, 2012
I guess I'm quite good at art. ^_^ Well I like to think so. ._.

But I guess I let others be the judge of that in the real world.

Shameless advertising! http://quasar97.deviantart.com/

I still have a frick ton to learn before I'm anywhere near where I want to be but eh, I have a few drawings I'm pleased with.

May 29, 2011
I've always been a fairly logical person, which doesn't seem like much but spend enough time around certain people and it seems like a god damn fucking super power.

Namely I always try to find a reason for what I think or what I believe or what I feel, and consider whether or not it actually makes sense. When I become aware of a way I think or something that I believe that doesn't make any sense I actually strive to stop thinking like that, or reconsider said belief.

It SHOULDN'T count as a talent but it does.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Does doing an amazing Christopher Walken impression count? If so, that may be one of my best talents.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
I can draw pretty good.

But I have shitty motivation, so not much ever comes of it.
You mean "I can draw pretty well." "Good" is an adjective and you are not describing a noun or anything with it there. You want to use the adverb "well." It describes the drawing.

Ok on topic. I am very logical I guess.

Sep 9, 2007
I have an intermittent death touch vs machinery/technology. For no particular reason, machines and computers will wither and die in my presence without intervention on my behalf. Two incidents spring to mind:

1) I went to relieve a co-worker who was working on a de-palletising machine at work one day. I was there for the whole of a minute and it stopped half way through sweeping a layer of glass and just sat there. Everything was responding to manual commands apart from the arm itself, which wouldn't budge for love or money. It took the sparkies 15 minutes to fix the problem and by that time I was back at my normal position.

2) I swung by a friends place to drop something off one day. A few of my friends had organised to have a small get together to LAN or play WoW together or something. While I was there, the PSU of one computer died out of the blue and another had a fairly major hiccup with its OS, which later required a reformat. I was known as the Typhoid Mary of Computers for quite some time after that, as my computer has been almost bulletproof.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I can masturbate as many as 26 times in a row... I've done it a few times without even thinking about it... also I don;t know if it's a talent, but I have the free time to do that...<.<