Natural talent(s) you have.

TheYellowManalishi

Jul 16, 2013
I'm a fairly good writer, at least I think I am. (I'm the best in the year group in English scores at school.)

I also have a good memory, usually able to remember tiny details from obscure things that happened years ago. (The name of a movie that I'd seen about 30 seconds of on TV, for instance.)

That's about it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I kind of have an eagle eye and great hearing (sometimes) as in I will spot/ hear something at a distance that other won't see or hear the first time round.
Also my immunity is kind of strong too since so far I never had to called in sick but in saying so I have been lucky so far (the times when I do feel ill like an cold were my days off).

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I have a great sence of navigation, and coupled with me being a visual learner means that I am very good with maps.

And that is really the only thing I can do well that I have never needed much teaching towards...

rdaleric

Jan 22, 2009
I have hundreds of useless facts floating around in my brain which is really only useful for pub quizzes.
I apparently also have a good sense of the time, I have never needed to wear a watch or check my phone for the time, when asked I am at most 2 or 3 minutes out

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I think I have the capability to be the biggest asshole in the world. I mean, I'm a funny guy, but half of the jokes I come up with are extremely perverted and offensive. I never tell them, of course, but sometimes one slips out and people look really funny at me for the rest of the day.

My memory is also pretty good but often pretty selective too. I can remember the taste of breast milk even though I was 20 months old when I last had some (my sister was a baby).

Also this is the end of lurking for me. :D

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I've always been able to easily solve logical problems and to make effective use of language.

I live a life generally free of the necessity to use logical skills and I apply my eloquence mostly to rapping.

Oh how I squander God's gifts.

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
I can get along with anyone. I know it doesn't sound like much but nearly everyone I know struggles with the idea. A person everyone hates, a person that seems to hate everyone, shy people, people I've only met a few minutes ago, I can turn them into a friend very quickly. I don't know why it is, maybe I have an extremely honest face or something.

Nymi

Nov 26, 2011
I'm very empathetic and have good intuition, to the point that I don't like going out into public and stuff much, even though I'm good at decoding people. I'm creative, ideas just seem to bubble up from my subconsciousness if my mind doesn't have anything else to occupy it with. I also seem to be a natural (relative to the rest of my country) when it comes to English grammar and pronunciation.

All of this is very helpful when my career is being a fiction writer. :p

Plasticaprinae

Jul 9, 2013
Im a good try hard.

I tend to be good with the arts and crafting things on some degree. Wood turning, painting, drawing, silk: those kinds of things. I'm also good at the creative part of story writing, not so much at the rules of language part. It takes a while to proof read my papers.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
My natural talent is to guess what the person is trying to say before they finish saying it.
I think it is because I was bilingual for as long as I can remember and i am used to translating, so it became second nature to me.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Frome skimming through the thread, I +1 this:

Nymi said:
I'm very empathetic and have good intuition, to the point that I don't like going out into public and stuff much, even though I'm good at decoding people.
I'm fairly musical. If I know how an instrument works, I can produce something that is not terrible. Or so I hope ;) But seriously, my kinda mother-in-law is playing flute and clarinet and she does so almost every day - how she or anyone is hardly able to play a freaking children's song without notes is completely unfathomable to me.

One I believe outstanding talent or condition I have is that the gates of my visual perception are wide and open. Very frequently I comment on something right in front of everyone's eyes and everyone is looking as if I've started to speak russian. Those Spot the 10 Differences? Done. Photoshop fakes? Not for me.

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
I'm good at being fake. Sounds horrible but it's necessary in this day and age. All that talk about how you should "always be yourself"...it's bullshit. Sometimes you've got to fake it.

I'm also really good at giving compliments. Flattery really does get you places. People suck it up in a second.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I can remember things back from when I was a toddler, I can remember directors names, and once I get into something, I can have about a five hour conversation about it and keep it appealing (I guess.)

I can also trip on air if you consider that a talent.

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
not sure if it's a talent but i can tell when it's going to rain as i get a headache, i'm also good with children and animals

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I have an ok singing voice. Not particularly great. Just good.

Other than that, I'm not sure about what talents I might have.

Buffoon1980

Mar 9, 2013
sanquin said:
I myself have a very good sense of rhythm. I could have become a good drummer had I chosen to take lessons when I as younger. Instead I chose guitar, which takes me ages to learn anything simple. ^^;;
I envy you, I really do. I think I am relatively talented musically speaking... except when it comes to rhythm. If I wasn't very careful, in my school band I often ended up finishing a bar ahead or behind everyone else. Since I was first trumpet, this was rather noticeable to everyone. And embarrassing. I'm not bad at Guitar Hero when there's a nice syncopated melody, but when it comes to playing a rhythmic section that's just the same note repeated rapidly, I fall behind (or ahead) within a few seconds. This is one of the main reasons I'm now learning piano: it's a great solo instrument, I never have to play with anyone else if I don't want to :p

As for genuine talents... the closest thing I have to a natural talent is in writing. I think (*think*) that I could be a novelist one day, with a lot of luck and a lot of work (anyone who wants to read my stuff and tell me how terrible I actually am, I'd be happy to provide an Amazon link :p). It's tough to be subjective with my own writing, maybe I don't have the ability to make a living from my writing, but I do think I have potential.