Natural talent(s) you have.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Going from the "Natural talent you wish you had." topic, what talent DO you have? Just thought it would be fun to not just focus on wishes, but also on what you have. :)

I myself have a very good sense of rhythm. I could have become a good drummer had I chosen to take lessons when I as younger. Instead I chose guitar, which takes me ages to learn anything simple. ^^;;

Another one is a talent with animals. I've been good with any type of animal, even the ones I'm scared of.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Quick learning, good with numbers, ability to go bullet time under stress and still make reasonably good decisions even when time pressure is on. Also, good at relaying knowledge, people I tutor generally do well on their tests as long as they pay attention and let me teach them. I also know how to weave words when situations call for it.

Apparently I'm good with kids too. Which is odd, since I don't particularly like kids or taking care of them, but all my friends' kids just love me, and my friends often joke how "my daughter wants to adopt you".

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I have a highly tuned bullshit and prick RADAR which i inherited from my dad. Honestly my dad can meet a person and after a few seconds he will say "he was a prick" everyone else is like "no hes a good guy bla bla bla" then a few months later they come up to my dad and say "when you said X was a prick...well you were right". He is also the master of picking up on peoples bullshit and i have inherited this from him

Example: everyone was going on about that kony thing last year. As soon as i heard of it my bullshit detector started tingling and everyone was saying "you are a horrible human bla bla bla, how can you hate this campaign its to help african kids". As soon as we found out the organiser of this campaign was a fraudster and a public masturbator everyone was signing my praise

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Vegosiux we have a lot in common!

I'm really cool under pressure, for the most part. I'm really good with kids, they just love me, and I learn things really quick.

I'm also a really good test-taker, if only I didn't go to a school where standardized testing was reviled D:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Well natural talents you have is good but I think that the other thread is way cooler! And the OP is far sexier [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.823311-Natural-talent-you-wish-you-had?page=1]...

:p

Until Calculus came and kicked my teeth out, I was always very good with math. Algebra was especially good to me, which works perfectly for my current job at US Bank (well, not my current job but the job that I'm gunning for).

Also, video games. It's hard to remember how difficult gaming truly is until you have a friend/family member who has never played before figure out how to play.

Vegosiux also reminded me of this; I am also very good under pressure. I'm not sure why but I've never been one to give into panic when the shit and the fan collide.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I pick up sports really fast, which is sad since I didn't even like sports until I was a senior in high school so it was too late to join any teams. I also learn real fast when I actually do the activity, I learn how to do things at a normal speed when I learn it a different way.I am also a natural writer and taught myself proper grammar from this site strangely enough.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Err... My Britishness means saying I'm good at things makes me uncomfortable, but here goes.

I have a good gift for understanding logic and critical thinking. I never really think of it as a talent, but given some conversations I've had- even with some of my friends that are quite smart- I seem to be a lot better at it.

Whilst I'm not the most naturally talented bassist, and I've put a lot of work into it, I seem to have quite a good ear for writing a good riff. I definitely always had good ideas for riffs, but becoming a better musician and listening to a wider variety of music these days means that I'm more able to realise them and they're more interesting.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I have a goddamn good memory. I remember events from my childhood that my family has trouble remembering. That may just be age, but when I can remember events from when I was 3 years old, I'm not so sure.

You could also copy-paste Vegiosux's comment here and call it a day. The pressure thing is a bit too true for me, as that's the only way I get work done. Other than that, I'm stupendously lazy.

Red Line Wanderer

Dec 26, 2010
I consider myself fairly talented when it comes to creative writing, especially if metaphors, analogies, or rhymes are involved. I find myself showing off on rare occasion when I choose to speak to my friends in rhyme.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
shootthebandit said:
I have a highly tuned bullshit and prick RADAR which i inherited from my dad. Honestly my dad can meet a person and after a few seconds he will say "he was a prick" everyone else is like "no hes a good guy bla bla bla" then a few months later they come up to my dad and say "when you said X was a prick...well you were right". He is also the master of picking up on peoples bullshit and i have inherited this from him
I may have this, but I'll have to get back to you on it.

I have the irritating habit of ignoring gut suspicion.

OT: Well, I have the nickname Beastmaster, for reasons the name makes obvious. Particularly with dogs.

I've also always had a talent for writing, it'd seem. My literary skill got me placed on the UK's gifted and talented register before it lost funding.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Insects. I keep bees and I'm pretty decent at managing my hives. I also raise praying mantises.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
I have the perk of dreaming future events. No really, I am not joking with this, this has happened so many freaking times it actually scares me. What is even scarier is that I mostly forget about these dreams because they are just so normal and boring that it really isn't worth remembering about and then the event happens and I get the gut feeling that this has happened before and all of a sudden I remember it. Kinda not worth talking about is it?

I am also quite good when it comes to the English language and tricking people into thinking I am much older then I actually am. I have the voice of a 30 year old man and if I can be bothered into growing some hair, I can easily get into most bars where the security inst that immensely tight.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I can draw pretty good.

But I have shitty motivation, so not much ever comes of it.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I can took pretty well. I mean sure, I follow a recipe most of the time but when I'm making something where the spicing is up to the cook I tend to just throw in what I feel to be appropriate and more often than not the balance is spot on.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Dead Century said:
Insects. I keep bees and I'm pretty decent at managing my hives. I also raise praying mantises.
This is really off topic but ive always heard myths about bees reacting to cigarette smoke is that true?

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
I can spit rhymes on another level

Honsetly, I haven't a fucking clue. Maybe a good memory I don't know, I've never revised for a test in my life, never failed one either.