NBC Turns Down Wonder Woman Pilot

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
Not too surprising. NBC has had a string of terrible TV shows, so I imagine that they're being pretty darn picky about what they pay for.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Not at all surprised. Wonder Woman has never, EVER been good... why so many people still like her is beyond me.

cp.06

Jun 20, 2010
To be perfectly honest, I saw this coming the minute the backlash to the costume started. If you can make people *that mad* over just a costume then you're clearly doing something wrong.

I mean it's not as if big budget movies like, say, Green Lantern for example ever do such a thing...

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Other then arguing over just how grandma-underpants her uniform is supposed to be, I don't see why anyone still wants Wonder Woman around so badly.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
This is proof that God exists and He is a kind and loving God; turning Wonder Woman into a lawyer with two other alter egos complaining about her breast size in a few places does not bring to mind the Amazonian super hero we were sold in the cartoons and comic. Done by the guy who was credited with "killing feminism" (seriously Time magazine his show Ally McBeal did just that), was enough for me to avoid this shit anyways

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh come on they could at least aired the pliot episode just so we can see it for ourselves. I odn't care if they aired somewhere in the middle of the night.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Glad this didn't go through, I'm not much of a fan of Wonder Woman, but I know a bit bout canon on her. They shoulda followed it any maybe it woulda gone through?
And what was all the arguments on the costume?
Guess I missed all that.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
What a twist. Who didn't see this coming?

I just want it to leak online so we can have a laugh at it, it sounded like a train wreck.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'm gonna point out that pretty much any live action show about superheroes EVER (except that one... you know the one) was really really stupid or crappy for various reasons. I imagine this was no better.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Give Wonder Woman to Marvel, and I'll be you anything they'll be more respectful to the source material and the character than DC, let alone NBC.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Frankly I am not surprised, it didn't look that good to begin with from the various little clips and behind the scenes stuff.

Superhero shows don't really work except as cartoons.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
*Edited* Ooops double post.

What I meant to say was...time to take it to the SyFy Channel...they'll air produce anything!

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Well, I'm disappointed. I was hoping to see a few episodes of the show and was willing to give it a small chance. Now this just makes me want to hunt down the pilot to make my own informed decision.

roguewriter

May 9, 2011
While I would never celebrate people being out of a job, i.e. those on the production staff involved in this Pilot/Series and even the actors themselves, I can not help but feel just a *bit* thankful that the show never made it to air. The arguments have been quoted again and again, but this show was *not* Wonder Woman. Simple as that.

Almost the whole of the Woman Woman Mythos was gutted, if not full out removed, and replaced with a soft shell of a confusing back-story that tried to cloak itself as "Girl Power." Frankly, this was Kelly wanting to make his own Female Super Hero but knowing no network would pick it up, so he dolled it up as a Sudo Wonder Woman and said, "Look here, I've got the new WW series everyone will want." Surprise, no one really did.

Those who would enjoy a WW series want the Amazon Princess, not Wonder McBeal. That said, I hope this isn't the last we've seen of a Wonder Woman series. Frankly, I think DC would benefit more from a big budget Animated Series in the same vein as the Wonder Woman Animated film they released two years back with Keri Russel (who knocked it out of the Park) voicing Diana. And, of course, Nathan Fillion who kills at, well, damn near everything.

I get the need for Live Action shows as people just aren't willing to accept Animation as a medium to tell complex and mature stories besides all evidence to the contrary. Animation has come a long way, especially in the last few years. And all-though there are those shows that wallow in bright colors and sweetness (i.e. The blessing to all mankind that *is* MLP:FIM) for every one of those there are a few series that take the tone serious and do a damn fine job of it, for example DC's new Young Justice.

Sadly, until there are a significant number of folks that accept that Animation is not Disney-fare nor just Loony Toons anymore, Live Action shows based on difficult premises requiring super expensive budgets will continue to come and go. Let's just hope that should Warner Bros and DC decide to proceed with an Animated Wonder Woman series, they don't let Kelly anywhere near it.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Thank fuck for that, it sounded awful, I had visions of it essentially being Paris Hilton being Wonder Woman. Well that's another DC crisis (ba dm tsh) averted :p

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I am not at all surprised. Or disappointed for that matter. I was never a huge fan of Wonder Woman personally, but there was potential there for good storytelling and I know a little bit about the mythology and from the sound of it, it didn't seem they were doing anything but pissing all over the character.

funkzillabot

Dec 10, 2009
So, no new Wonder Women show, because of her outfit? What a bunch of hypocritical bullshit. Let's be honest here, Lynda Carter (1980) wore a tube top bathing suit with high heeled go-go boots. But now in 2011, NBC is too prudish to air the show, because the new girl is wearing hot pants? NBC is full of crap.