Nearly Every Tween Engaged In Online Gaming

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The only 'Tween' I recognize as legitimate is in Macromedia Adobe Flash.
Every other instance I've seen has come from some slaphead journalist trying to be "trendy".

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
I'm suprised only 36% of males chose Cod as their favourite. I can't take a couple of steps in my school about how '1337' they are in it.
selce said:
Tom Goldman said:
When I'm old and gray, it'll make me feel better that the people running the country grew up playing FarmVille.>
now that is truly scary
Let's hope there is a drought while the're in power.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
latenightapplepie said:
Wow. This figures seem accurate to me, I guess I just never thought about it before. Here's hoping there can be some genuinely good games for this 'tween' market, and not just shitty titles featuring the Jonas Brothers.

Oh wait, too late [http://www.disneydreaming.com/2009/05/29/jonas-game-for-nintendo-ds/].
OH SHIT! IT cannot be unseen! MY EYES!

OT: I've already noticed this trend, seeing how just about everyone I face nowadays calls me old.

Goddamnit I'm only 20!

humor_involuntario

Mar 31, 2010
It's funny to see how many guys here tend to hate what kids do, even if they are just variations of what they did at that age (for example, you couldn't mic spam as there was almost no voice chat support at those times, unless you are like 16 and you are doing the exact same thing as those guys).

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
omfg it's 'club penguin' lol. I only know about this because my boss's daughter always plays this on the labtop at work.

SO ITS TRUE. It's not just her.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
tweens not that bad a word lol though I haven't heard it in years. I just called them children because they are children until their reproductive organs start growing and getting hairy. then they are teens.

12yos are still children yes.

teens start at 13 imo because its spelt thirTEEN I think that's why they call em teens :p

This news doesn't suprise me. my little brothers play cod etc. just mute them. then all they are just bad players. (some of them can beat you and me easily though)

the world is filled with smut they are goign to get into it somehow, whether it's games or whatever, parent should just pre empt behaviours they may develop due to online gaming. teach your children about courtesy. if it doesn't work take the stuff you bought them away, until they learn. also teach them that you bought them that stuff so its yours.

i know its not that easy but atleast it's some thought toward a solution that doesn't involve just ignoring what your kids are doing and hoping that they listen to what your saying.

and ffs TAKE THE MIC AWAY FROM THEM OUT OF COMMON COURTESY FOR ADULTS! nothing puts me off more than playing LEFT 4 DEAD 2 only to be bossed around by a kid. even if the kid is a good player its still a kid so shouldnt be sassing me even if it is anonymous internets communication. tbh hearing a kids voice on the mic at all is kinda high pitched whiny irritating nonsensical annoyance in a bottle for me.

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
I don't mind tweens or what ever they want to be called as long as they arn't making pains of themselves in my headset on live.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
I'd be a little concerned over this. I know how/why games are good for kids, but I didn't start playing until I was about 14 years old..

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I have three thoughts on this:

1) Pedobear approves.
2) I find this objectionable on the same grounds that I find most breakfast cereal ads objectionable now that I'm an adult. Marketing's a far greater threat to young minds than Grand Theft Auto ever was. Turn 'em into obedient little consumers and break the will of their parents.
3) On the bright side, like Tom mentioned, at least when these kids grow up they won't be like "ew, gaming, let's ban it!"

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Yeah, I faintly remember the days when I'd invite my friends over for Capcom vs SNK on the PlayStation when I was 12. That is, when we weren't outside. Playing football (the kind that's played with feet, not armpits). Good days.

Now? I'm getting fag bashed by people half my age who can barely speak their own language, listening to a child's vivid description of what he "did to my mum the other night", the racial epithets and their complete social ineptitude... Great.

Fortunately, I haven't seen it too much. I don't play online much and definitely not Call of Duty. Those kids are scary when they play. Even scarier when you're kicking their ass.

Username: "21 means I get to be old and bitter"