Need Castles, Towns and Cities (D&D 3.5E)

SlamDunc

Aug 17, 2012
Hey Escapists. I am planning a D&D 3.5E Campaign and I have run into a bit of difficulty. I am the kind of person that pretty much needs to have an image reference for everything and I have found out how difficult this can be. I am short for a large number of locations in my game and I do not know where to find good images.

I was hoping that someone here would know a good site to find images of medieval castles, cities and towns or have a collection of their own that they would not mind sharing.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses and I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Ah Dungeons and Dragons, how I miss it. It's always worth just putting random combinations of what you're looking for into Google and seeing what comes up, but it does seem awfully dry.

I found out what our DM does to get inspiration for the places he has us running through. Playing through the computer games, most fantasy RPGs have nice cities and castles that can serve as a good inspiration. You'd probably have to adapt it to fit your purpose, but next time you're swinging your sword through picturesque towns being overrun by creatures with poor hygiene you should keep an eye out for good locations.