Need for Speed: Rivals Shifts Gears to Join PS4 Launch Lineup

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Need for Speed: Rivals Shifts Gears to Join PS4 Launch Lineup

Rivals steps up to fill the racing game-shaped hole in the console's day-one lineup.

Need for Speed: Rivals will hit stores on PlayStation 4 a week ahead of schedule to join the console's day-one launch lineup. Rivals, EA's upcoming cross-gen entry in the annual series, was originally set to hit stores on all consoles - PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC November 22. The current-gen console and PC versions will still hit stores on November 22, alongside the launch of the Xbox One.

Rivals fills a critical gap in the PS4 launch lineup. With both Sony and Ubisoft's racing titles -DriveClub and The Crew respectively - pushed back in the last few months, the PS4 was set to launch without a racing game. Where's Ridge Racer when you need it?

The PS4 version of Rivals will support remote play on the Vita, and AllDrive Mode, a seamlessly integrated single and multiplayer experience.

Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/need-for-speed-rivals-coming-to-ps4-on-november-15th/]

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Man, I want to own a PS4 just to see what remote play is like on my Vita.

Indeed, this is the first time a Playstation has been released without a Ridge Racer. I knew something was missing!

How I long for a new RR like RR3D or Type 4.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Smart move on EAs part, I'll have to add it to my order.
Good point about ridge racer, where the heck is it?