Need help picking a mid-range phone

trundle_wheel

Aug 26, 2021
Well, I've narrowed it down to Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro/GT, Oppo F19, Samsung Galaxy A32, OnePlus Nord N10/CE and perhaps Sony XA2 Ultra as an outsider. i cant decide if I Should get something released this year or the last or go for something upmarket that has lost value, ala the Ultra.

HELP.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The Samsung is the only one with an AMOLED screen and you'll be looking at the screen the most, the base model is 4GB of ram though that is plenty for most people. The Xiaomi looks like the best overall specs, most ram and biggest battery (slightly), Android 11. I've always been interested in getting a OnePlus phone since it's probably the least bloated and you probably have most user control over it, though that one is oxygen 10 (aka android 10). The Sony looks to be somewhat old, Android 8 and the smallest battery so unless you can get it for a great price, it's definitely the worst of the bunch. Honestly, most phones in the $150-$250 range are what 99.9% of people will find extremely fine for what they need a phone to do. I'd look at battery and ram in that range, and storage (64 GB or better should be more than fine plus you can expand with an SD card) and you probably want android 11 as well. And maybe go for that AMOLED screen since you're looking at the phone when you're using it.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It really depends on what your planned use case is, how much you use it daily, etc.

Are you using it to watch a lot of video? You'll want whichever has the best screen and brightness and maybe the best speakers.

Are you planning on playing games on it? Maybe you'll want whatever has the highest refresh rate screen.

Are you going to just use it to text people and check facebook and twitter every once in a while? Pick any one of them, they're all fine. I'd just go with whatever has the biggest battery.

Personally I'd probably go with a google pixel phone. The tech is mostly on par with flagships and their cameras are pretty awesome and you can get a 4A for like $450. That might be a bit out of the price range you're looking at though.

I have an iPhone because that's what the company I work for gave me. It's mediocre.