Need reassurance to get me through the night....

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Hi
I just bought Infamous 2 Hero Edition today.
It was a good deal.
Everything was sunshine and rainbows till we got home.
Then after unboxing we decided to use our vouchers for extra content.
It happened: The last 4 digits were torn off and unreadable if even existent. I plan to call support of all kinds over the phone tomorrow where I'll have live help, but I worry that I may have wasted money in a second or if I may have a chance still.

So are the deities so angry with me that they must ruin me or is it only a passing storm?

EDIT: To add insult to injury I can't send messages, submit the inquiry on the support website, or even reply on this thread!
No it's not used.

And so fucking sorry this isn't a real sob story or something really juicy.
What the fuck problems am I supposed to be having, should I cry on here because some girl doesn't like me or something?

DocMcCray

Oct 14, 2010
Sony tech support?

Never had any good dealings with them. Hope yours is different.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I've spent nights wondering if I'd end up living on the street in a month because I couldn't pay rent, and you give me THIS!?

I'm disappointed.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Skorpyo said:
I've spent nights wondering if I'd end up living on the street in a month because I couldn't pay rent, and you give me THIS!?

I'm disappointed.
Agreed. I love how being separated from entertainment for less than 24 hours is what constitutes being "ruined" these days.

smokeraven

Aug 22, 2008
Try returning it where you bought it. If they don't have another Hero edition, you should be able to pick up a regular edition at a reduced price, and they may throw in a different card for the added DLC for free (that one's up to the retailer though)

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
It is annoying when things like this happen, I hope you get it sorted and that it is hassle free. The same thing happened to me buying COD 4 GOTY, just to find out the dlc maps aren't included anymore.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
tigermilk said:
It is annoying when things like this happen, I hope you get it sorted and that it is hassle free. The same thing happened to me buying COD 4 GOTY, just to find out the dlc maps aren't included anymore.
It is annoying and for all of our sakes please kill that avatar or is it me again?

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Wow people are dicks, this guy asks for help and just because he's not a whiny little ***** nobody helps him?
Btw, I have an ulcer on my lip people, it's much worse than a girl not liking one of you.

OT: I'd either take it back and explain, or if it's only 4 digits missing try guessing? Can't be that many combinations :p

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
SammiYin said:
OT: I'd either take it back and explain, or if it's only 4 digits missing try guessing? Can't be that many combinations :p
I don't know what codes they use, but assuming a-z and 1-0, there would be about 1.4 million combinations. if it is case sensitive, I put that into my calculator and it returns "GLHF".

On the Off-topic: people probably are... unsympathetic because it's set up to be a sob story, when actually it's a tiny problem. If the title was something like "problem with newly bought game code" or something, people would probably be much more helpful.

oh, and OT:...what the guy I quoted said.

Yggdraz0r

Jun 7, 2009
SammiYin said:
Wow people are dicks, this guy asks for help and just because he's not a whiny little ***** nobody helps him?
Btw, I have an ulcer on my lip people, it's much worse than a girl not liking one of you.

well,

There would be exactly 10.000 possible possibilities with 4 digits. 10^4. And only if its 100% numerical.
Good Luck trying!

That is the second time, within 5 minutes, when I havent posted in weeks, that I get sniped on a comment within 1-3 minutes <_<.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
SammiYin said:
Can't be that many combinations :p
If I'm not mistaken its 6561 combinations still. I don't think guessing is worthwhile. Also sorry about the ulcer. Hope you get better soon.

OT: Just wait it out until your internet is working better and you can submit the thing to customer support. If that doesn't work go to the retailer and complain.

Edit: 10000 combinations forgot about zeroes.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
SammiYin said:
But she asked for my number and hasn't called yet. It's been like 4 days! That's a big deal, man.
/sarcasm

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Richardplex said:
On the Off-topic: people probably are... unsympathetic because it's set up to be a sob story, when actually it's a tiny problem. If the title was something like "problem with newly bought game code" or something, people would probably be much more helpful.
Hey if you follow a sob story on the internet, and especially in gaming discussion you get everything you deserve, especially the shame of falling for a tongue in cheek title to a thread
:p
Anyway isn't there a forum rule against people posting off topic abuse at the OP? Or is that just how accepting this forum is :3

OT: Well it seems that's a lot of combinations, but it gives you something to do while you wait for your connection to come back :p

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
SammiYin said:
Hold on, I'm all for courtesy, but the OP was a bit dramatic about the whole thing.

I mean, this has been one of the worst times in my life, the past few weeks, medically, financially and with being screwed over multiple ways when trying to get everything settled for a new school.
Especially the whole defensive reaction, suggesting that this is as dire a problem as the real life issues of others instead of "Hey, my life is pretty good, now that I think of it" or "I was just joking" or something like that.
I can understand why everyone's a bit miffed, in frustration with their own problems.

Winthrop said:
SammiYin said:
Can't be that many combinations :p
If I'm not mistaken its 6561 combinations still. I don't think guessing is worthwhile. Also sorry about the ulcer. Hope you get better soon.

OT: Just wait it out until your internet is working better and you can submit the thing to customer support. If that doesn't work go to the retailer and complain.

Edit: 10000 combinations forgot about zeroes.
Ten thousand combinations?
Oh dear, this makes me realise how desperate I was to get into that supply closet with a keypad in Finals week that one year...
If I hadn't started by counting backwards, I could have spent hours. o.0

But yeah, OP, looks like this thread has been necro'd; care to report back any success?