Need some rpg to play,any sugestions?

zhobla

Oct 10, 2013
Hi everyone :) just wanted to ask if you guys could give me some nice rpg to play :) i am PC user and in possession of neither ps3 nor xbox,and i played many rpgs so i need your help...this is the list of rpgs i played and enjoyed: Vampire the masquerade:bloodlines,Fallout New vegas,Neverwinter nights 2,,elder scrolls series (morrowind is my favourite),mass effect trilogy,gothic series (1,2,3),Star wars Kotor I and II,dragon age origins,fable the lost chapters....and i think thats it. VtmB is by far my favourite along with KOTOR II and ME2....aaand gothic 1 :D i would really like some fully voiced rpg,and i would like to avoid games that have bad journal system....because i forget things quickly :D personally i think games that are all about text (morrowind being one of them) were difficult to keep track off...so please good journal or preferbly voice acted :)

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Arcania, maybe? It's Gothic 4. Got it recently through a bundle and haven't tried it yet, but I looked at some gameplay and thought it looked fairly fun. Apparently not as good as the rest in the series though.
Can also recomend Two Worlds II. It's a bit rough on the edges, but as far as I know very simular to the Gothic series. Had plenty of fun with the game back when I played it.

Tons of RPGs in the latest Humble Weekly as well. Just got that one myself!
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Edit: Found a new bundle with TWII in it and plenty of other games. Don't know anything about the rest though. http://www.indiegala.com/?indiekings

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Alpha Protocol might be up your alley if you enjoyed bioware rpgs, for all its faults it does the decision affecting story schtick really well.

Oh otherwise i see you haven't listed Jade Empire so speaking of bioware games, give that one a try.

Otherwise am struggling to come up with "pure" rpgs on pc that you havent already listed, well apart from maybe all the old rpgs you can find on gog.com but thats kinda cheating xP

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Alpha Protocol is a good choice.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is good too.

The Witcher 1 and 2, thought 1 is very dated these days.

And myself I recently been playing and enjoying both Of Orcs and Men & Game of Thrones by Cyanide Studio. Both games have combat systems similar to Dragon Age, game progress similar to Fable and a Mass Effect style convo system. Both games also have some stealth/assassination gameplay elements.

Of Orcs and Men is short only 5 Chapters of story and a bit plain especially equipment/loot wise. The story is good though it's about the Orc's fight against the Human race who are trying to enslave or wipe out their entire species.

Game of Thrones in much longer probably at least as long as Fable, and as you'd expect the story is very much like the Book/TV show, in fact it takes place just before the Book/TV show so you get tones of references, the story seems to primary be about Jon Arryn's death and Queen Cersei's hunt to kill all of King Roberts bastards.

nogitsune

Aug 15, 2013
I'd recommend Divinity 2: Director's Cut. It meets your Criteria, a good Voiced RPG with a usable journal. The gameplay can be a little janky but no more than VTM:B or Morrowind and once you get passed that it's a very enjoyable game to go through and has some cool unique points, like becoming a dragon later in the game.

Other than that I'm a bit stumped, Maybe you could give Wizardry 8 a try if you want something really oldschool, It's fully voiced, and awesome. But it is a very big game and you need to learn it's rules, like control magic is far better than damage spells. But if you want a great hardcore game it's really great and finally available on Steam and GoG.

JonnyHG

Nov 7, 2011
There's a game called Risen that is supposedly similar to the Gothic series. I enjoyed playing it, and there's also a sequel.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
DanielBrown said:
Arcania, maybe? It's Gothic 4. Got it recently through a bundle and haven't tried it yet, but I looked at some gameplay and thought it looked fairly fun. Apparently not as good as the rest in the series though.
Can also recomend Two Worlds II. It's a bit rough on the edges, but as far as I know very simular to the Gothic series. Had plenty of fun with the game back when I played it.

Tons of RPGs in the latest Humble Weekly as well. Just got that one myself!
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Edit: Found a new bundle with TWII in it and plenty of other games. Don't know anything about the rest though. http://www.indiegala.com/?indiekings
I have played both Arcania: Gothic 4 and Two Worlds two, albeit on the Xbox 360, but I can say that they are both very fun. Yes, they have wooden dialog and such, but it actually ADDS to the fun of these games, in my opinion. I honestly dont think you can go wrong with either of them. ;)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
zhobla said:
Hi everyone :) just wanted to ask if you guys could give me some nice rpg to play :) i am PC user and in possession of neither ps3 nor xbox,and i played many rpgs so i need your help...this is the list of rpgs i played and enjoyed: Vampire the masquerade:bloodlines,Fallout New vegas,Neverwinter nights 2,,elder scrolls series (morrowind is my favourite),mass effect trilogy,gothic series (1,2,3),Star wars Kotor I and II,dragon age origins,fable the lost chapters....and i think thats it. VtmB is by far my favourite along with KOTOR II and ME2....aaand gothic 1 :D i would really like some fully voiced rpg,and i would like to avoid games that have bad journal system....because i forget things quickly :D personally i think games that are all about text (morrowind being one of them) were difficult to keep track off...so please good journal or preferbly voice acted :)
Sounds like Witcher 2 is the right game for this situation. You can avoid Witcher 1, just find a plot synopsis on YouTube so you know WTF is going on.

If you prefer something a little less cerebral/story heavy, you could root up Kingdoms of Amalur. It's got a bit of "single player MMOitis", but there's a ton of voice acting, the combat is smooth and polished, and it's a pretty big/hefty game for the price tag.

If you're willing to endure some extreme wonkiness to get to the meat, Alpha Protocol is also a possibility. It's a nice offbeat RPG with some truly excellent choice and consequence buried underneath a woeful engine.

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
A VtmB lover, awesome.
So there's a few options for rpgs i know of.

On gamecube there's Skies of Arcadia legends (you can grab an emulator for gamecube called dolphin) think sky pirates on this one.

A really, really old pc game called System Shock is similar to VtmB style, but it's more of a horror combat rpg. Might have an outdated graphics file you might need an older direct x for.

for a jrpg I recommend shin megami tensei nocturne. Has some technicality stuff that makes it interesting. You could play it on pc with a playstation emulator.

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
If you like it Diablo style, try the indie game "The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing". You will definitely love it.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Deus Ex Human Revolution is great. Definitely check out the first Deus Ex as well. Just skip over invisible war.

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Your access to games is nearly unlimited on the pc. I see some great games from the last decade already listed, but how far back do you go? What about many of the classics from the early Playstation days? Emulation? Or are you limiting suggestions to a more "current" generation?

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
I second FrozenLaughs. PSX emluators have been working perfectly for a good while and they are much more convenient than playing the games on the actual console (heck, I actually have a PSone, but I prefer to play the games on an emulator whenever nostalgia hits me), and we are at the point where PS2, NDS and PSP emulators are also working pretty much perfectly (well, save for the PSP emulators, but most of the popular games are playable on them). If you are on the PC, your options are damn near endless.