Negative Dark Knight Rises Review Results in Death Threats

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
shrekfan246 said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
See the mods defeated the brovengers before the agents of chaos did. What we need is one more seriously over zealous douchebag posting on forums about one topic angrily and douchebaggily, so much so that he puts all those before him or her to shame.
(That's right folks, women can be as bad as you!)

Hell, I'm tempted to make an alternate account called RampantAsshole and do it myself.
The Brovengers haven't been defeated. There just aren't any worthy foes currently. So I agree with you, there needs to be another overzealous douchebag who shows up one day with wildly ridiculous views, contradicting statements, and unsupported "facts" that do nothing to prove whatever he's trying to prove.

But now you can't do it, otherwise everybody would know it's you.
...Fuck.
Hmm, maybe I should just change my loveable rogue demeanor and start randomly insulting irrelevant things on the forums.

BABYLON 5 IS A BIG PILE OF SHIT!
Damn, Bablyon 5 really is irrelevant. But the bigger question here is do you really want to be banned? Because all of the great trolls are eventually banned... although I suppose the mark of a truly great troll would be being able to avoid the banhammer while still trolling.
Meh, I'm too nice to troll, I already feel guilty that I might have upset a babylon 5 fan.
[sub]Even if it is shit....[/sub]

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
Meh, I'm too nice to troll, I already feel guilty that I might have upset a babylon 5 fan.
[sub]Even if it is shit....[/sub]
Well, then we'll need to wait for somebody who doesn't have the moral qualms you do. :D

[sub]I've never watched it, so I have no opinion on the matter.[/sub]

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
So basically the same thing that happens when anything ever made is criticised by anyone.

Fanboys fucking suck.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I wish I could be surprised by this kind of behavior but I'm not.

It's a big part of the reason why, despite being very passionate about a great deal of very nerdy subjects I can't ever bring myself to integrate into the fandom of any of it.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Saying "I hope you die" isn't a death threat.

Just like saying "I hope you get hit by a bus" isn't the same as saying "I'm going to hit you with a bus".

J. Mazarin

Jun 25, 2012
...Did that writer use steampunk fans as a shining example of a bad fandom?

Steampunk fans?

The fuck have they ever done?

OT: Death threats. How poignant.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I was just wondering about this kind of blind loyalty to products yesterday at a Blockbuster. I was standing in front of a table full of toys, lunch pails, buttons, posters, keyrings, all kinds of junk laid out for Dark Knight Rises.
How can people already be wholehearted fans of a movie they haven't yet seen? Have they seriously already decided they love a movie no matter what they will actually see and hear and experience? What if they pile into the theater and get to watch two hours of Bruce Wayne reading a crossword puzzle on the toilet and his major crisis is does he choose to walk all crooked into the hallway for a new roll of paper or just jump into the shower when he's done?
I myself have to experience something to decide whether or not I liked it, much less if I'm going to hate anyone who didn't.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
deadpoolhulk said:
....someone didn't like something? why are they getting angry exactly, because she dared to hold her own opinion?
Well then. All Batman fans that are ashamed to have these guys count in our number say aye!
Aye!!

captcha: "so-so"...HA! I have a feeling this will be my view of DKR

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
CODE-D said:
Its the internet, theyre not serious (totally anyway)
they're angry, I am too sorta, they have vested interest in this series and this film and she just dismisses it and says it sucks therefore there will be rage.
And this time, its somewhat justified as I think she shes full of shit...
It isn't justified, they need to get the hell over themselves.

If they like the film, whe hell does it matter what some reported on some website thinks? If her review impacts their enjoyment of the film, then they are the ones with a problem, not her.

She can think whatever the hell she likes, it's subjective and it's her job. Anybody who thinks that's enough to tell her to go and die needs to get a godamn life.

asacatman

Aug 2, 2008
Rednog said:
CODE-D said:
Now Im not saying I think she should fall down a well and die Im just saying I wouldnt help her.

But if your putting your review on rotten your asking for it.

And come on, the dark knight rises cant possibly be bad enough to give a highly negative review. If she thinks that she needs to watch more shitty movies.....*cough* green lantern *cough*
I think it is just reviewers nerd baiting to get views / attention. It happens with every big movie, there is a certain set of people who will always go out and claim it is the biggest piece of garbage they ever saw. Instead of just saying meh it was ok, I personally didn't find it to be that great they shift gear and start trashing it because meh reviews don't get attention.
Except if you actually read it, it is a 'meh' review. She just said it had really great production values but felt it was lacking in soul. Anyway, she gave it two stars out of four, ie 50%, the definition of meh. (well, in film reviews, it's different in game ones.)

swani24

Apr 27, 2009
Vault101 said:
regardless of hood good/bad or if you love/hate the movie this kind of crap is insane

like If somone were to hate Mass Effect that doesn tmake them deserve death threats

well ok in Mass Effect cases it does but anything else no
Yes!!! lol

Just kidding, this comment really made me laugh though.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
So according to one critic, The Dark Knight Rises is a bad movie?

And how is this any different from the last 20 Batman movies?
You cannot in good faith tell me Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker were bad.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
*sigh* I have noticed more and more elitism and hatred. Moviebob said it great once (damn my last 3 comments have been about moviebob, pure coincidence) that people who were once bullied have an idea that they can never do wrong. Even then some people aren't bullied, and are just scum. I'm not even gonna joke about this those people are scum.

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
xDarc said:
What happened to the days when death threats used to be something along the lines of I'm going to come to your house while you sleep and slit your fucking throat?

Saying I hope you die is a death threat now?

Really?
I was thinking the same thing. That's not a fucking death threat. Sheesh. It's just some moron lashing out who obviously has no intention of harming the reviewer in question.

I feel like we need Tyrion Lannister here to educate us on exactly what a threat is.

I think you'd go crazy if you took it seriously every time someone made a hateful remark or had a violent thought. If we locked up everyone who's fantasized about beating up their asshole boss (or something similar), everyone would be in prison.

MacLeRoy

Jan 13, 2011
People anonymously posting threats that they cant and wont follow through with on the internet.

How is this news? Ill give it to you folks, you sure are persistent with focusing on the morons.

Usually I cant listen to stupid people without involuntarily tuning them out within the first 30 to 45 seconds.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Okay why are people saying this is acceptable and we should just move on and ignore them, and why are some people only focusing on the review.

Focus on the review fine but I am sick of people here just saying "what did you expect?" We need to actually challenge this kind of thinking. And before anyone says there's no point there is. If you think there isn't then you've already given up on trying to change people for the better.