Neil Gaiman Novella to Get Videogame Treatment

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Neil Gaiman Novella to Get Videogame Treatment

Comic series creator Neil Gaiman (pictured) will see one of his works turned into a video game soon.

The author of the Sandman series will have his best-selling work for children, Coraline, turned into both a movie and a game.

The game will be published by novella, which centers on a girl who discovers a hidden door in her house that transports her into an alternative universe.

Expected to be a platform game, Coraline is being touted as a "surrealistic adventure" and should appear in the same time frame as the movie, which is slated for a February 2009 release.

It will be available on the Nintendo DS and unspecified consoles.

Source: Wired.com [http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/neil-gaiman-nov.html]

nickmain

Jun 19, 2008
"The game will be published by D3 Publisher and will be based on the film adaptation of the comic"

novella. You got it right in the headline.
:)

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I'm not familiar with his work outside of comics (for which I am duly ashamed) but I hope it gets the treatment it deserves. This guy is a unique talent.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
nickmain said:
"The game will be published by D3 Publisher and will be based on the film adaptation of the comic"

novella. You got it right in the headline.
:)
Nice catch. 'tis feexed. :)

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
"The game will be published by novella, which centers on a girl who discovers a hidden door in her house that transports her into an alternative universe."

nope, appears to be broken again....

Gaiman's work is fantastic, but i had hoped it to be a direct game from book, instead of book-> movie-> game, which will probably dilute the awesomeness somewhat, as movies tend to do when they're not original scripts

Feb 13, 2008
Malygris said:
I'm not familiar with his work outside of comics (for which I am duly ashamed) but I hope it gets the treatment it deserves. This guy is a unique talent.
Well, apart from Stardust, Good Omens and a possible new episode of Doctor Who?