• Asuka

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I recently rewatched neon genesis, and it occured to me how old the series has become. It's well over twenty years old at this point. It started many trends in anime, but perhaps its most important one is this: which girl is best girl.

The answer is obvious, of course. The best girl is Asuka Langley Soryu. The character who is objectively the best pilot, the most interesting character, and who is the most memorable part of the show. She single handedly saved the series. Rei is dull and mindless, feeling like an empty shell of a character. Misato is troubled, awful, and, lets be honest, unattractive. Other characters, like Mari or Ritsuko, are practically non entities in their own show. But asuka? Asuka is the most memorable aspect of that entire series. To the point where she popularized an entire character type.

Feel free to agree below.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The point of Evangelion is that they're all horribly broken people, and the fact that so many weebs are like "Rei is my waifu" means they didn't understand anything of what they watched.

Reactions: Gordon_4

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
The point of Evangelion is that they're all horribly broken people, and the fact that so many weebs are like "Rei is my waifu" means they didn't understand anything of what they watched.
This. They weren't supposed to be waifus. Almost everyone had lots of psychological issues.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
What is the name of that drunk one that's way too old for Shinji?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
None of the above. Fuck the biatch. But if I had to choose, either Misato or Rei. Neither really annoyed me from what I remember.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Correct.

Wasn't she just a straight, non-subversive waifu addon, that Anno had nothing to do with?
Mari's not the normal one, girl has a blood lust in her worthy of a Klingon on cocaine. Like everyone else she's utterly cracked just not in the same ways. I mean, I'm confident her addition was to drive up the merch with another character they can sell statues and shit of, which I don't object to because money makes the world go around but she's dramatically superfluous......unless Rebuild 4 decides to pull some Shamayalan level shit and she's the mastermind of Seele or something.