Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

Cama Zots

Jul 10, 2009
MrPink67 said:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
I know what this means, translate for a cookie. :D
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
Can I has cookie now?

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
...not sure its the nerdiest probably pretty stupid for everyone here, but everyone in room when i say it looks at me funny... "thrall is the warchief of the horde" ... that or chewbakaa's home world is called Kashyyyk...

Ashtovo

Jul 25, 2009
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:
Well that's kind of a trap because if you know the answer is 42 that makes you a nerd....damn it i'm a nerd lol

OP: Han Solo says "it's the ship that made the kessle run in less than 12 parsects" Parsects are a measure of distance, however, this DOES make sence.
The Kessle Run is a series of black holes, because the closer you get to a black hole, the more the gravitational pull, so the faster your ship, the closer you can get to the black holes.
Therfore making it in 12 parsects means the ship is so fast, he can travel within twelve parsects of a black hole, and not get sucked in.

...you're welcome...
yay an answer to the question

MrPink67

Jul 16, 2009
Cama Zots said:
MrPink67 said:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
I know what this means, translate for a cookie. :D
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
Can I has cookie now?
I'll get back to you on that when I have internet transferrable cookies.

rex922

Sep 30, 2009
wiki schodingers cat or something like that daftest concept i have ever read

Just_Karol

Aug 5, 2009
When filming 'Clerks'. The character Jay was suppose to be on his own in the film, but Kevin Smith realised that Jay was a very unlikeable person. So he got his trenchcoat and baseball cap and portrayed his best friend,Bob (who will later be know as Silent Bob) to make him look like a likeable person.

Bonus:
Celfairy was suppose to be the mascot for Pokemon, it was then changed to Pikachu a week before the making of the Anime (Can you imagine that?).

Jynx is originally had a black face. But got negative feedback because Jynx was consider a caricature of African Americans (though the pokemon was based on a fashion trend in Japan). Ever since the international release of Gold and Silver, Jynx was Purple.

I better stop now, or I'll implode with sadness.

sethwood

Sep 25, 2009
E=mc^2, the e is energy, m is the mass of the particles in question, and c is speed of light in a vacuum. There, nerd crown goes to me.

Macabre9037

Jul 2, 2009
In his home in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming. Cookie please?
Darn I just saw that someone above me already posted this, oh well, I knew it before.

The Came Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth is actually based on the Shadow Over Innsmouth and holds notheing from the actual story Call of Cthulhu.

Gandalf's sword has a name; Glamdring

Han and Leia had three children Jaina and Jacen (the twins) and Anakin (who died)
Luke and Mara Jade had one, Ben, who also died.

In the game Jedi Power Battles Mace Windu had a blue lightsaber.

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
dragonsatemymarbles said:
Nerdy enough for you?
No.

it is NEVER enough
Is that a challenge?
*clears throat*

mannaroth said:
There are actual names to the 7 dragonballs.
1. Yi
2. Liang
3. San
4. Si
5. Wu
6. Liu
7. Qi
...I think.

The kanji illuminated by the "Life of the Gods" jewels in Ninja Gaiden are as follows:
Rin - "strength"
Pyo - "focus"
To - "spiritual harmony"
Sha - "healing"
Kai - "to sense danger"
Chin - "knowing the thoughts/techniques of others"
Retsu - "invincible"
Zai - "mastery of the elements"
Zen - "enlightenment"
"Rin Pyo To Sha Kai Chin Retsu Zai Zen" is one of the things Ryu Hayabusa can say after winning a fight in Dead or Alive 3. Raven also recites this in Tekken 5.

Heath Ledger improvised the scene in The Dark Knight where the Joker leaves Gotham General Hospital. The pyrotechnics failed, so he stayed in shot, fiddling with the prop detonator until they started up again - then understandably ran for it.
In the same vein, Aragorn's scream of rage after finding the corpses of the Uruk-hai in The Two Towers is mainly due to the fact he'd broken two of his toes on the helmet he'd just kicked.

A salted peanut, when dropped in a carbonated drink, will alternate between sinking to the bottom and rising to the surface until the drink goes flat. It sinks because of gravity (obviously), and rises because its rough surface contains many nucleation sites where bubbles can form - once enough bubbles have been generated, their buoyancy lifts the peanut up until it reaches the surface, where they burst causing the peanut to sink again.

I could go on...

Agro9

Jun 22, 2009
Kushin said:
The writing on the edge of a £2 Coin says 'Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants'
I have never seen a £2 coin but I assume it comes from a quote of Sir Isaac Newton as he said: "If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shoulders of giants." Is that right?

THEMILKMAN said:
Fbuh said:
I've got another!

The first Angel was Adam, and appeared as a giant of light with four separate wings at Antarctica, during the blast that was effectively Second impact. The second Angel was Lilith, whom appears as a white, legless giant with Seele's emblem on it's face. It is located at Terminal Dogma, crucified and with tubes coming out of it. Lilith's blood is used as LCL.

Now that's pretty damn nerdy.
All I can say is "WTF was that?"
That would be Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
ajb924 said:
There is a species of ant that can tear a hole in your skin with it's fang things, the smaller ones then climb inside of you and eat you alive! =D

Aside from that disturbing picture, I dunno, last year i knew the first 100 digits of pie, not including 3. Extra credit in math!
Ziafu, they are also blind and navigate by smell. Only the male Ziafu any has eyes and is referd to as a suasage fly. when a martching army comes acorss one they proptly rips off its wing take it with them.

on a similar note, army ant are known to actively hunt crabs...

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
The DC (Dice Challenge) in Dungeons & Dragons for learning how to hotwire and drive a car in less than ten minutes with a plastic bag over your head, blood on your hands, and a gunshot wound in your gut is 48. If the bag has holes in it, the DC is 44.

TarenLikesBlue

Oct 1, 2009
In the back to the future trilogy Lea Thompson who played Marty's mother, also played the role of other female ancestors to makes it appear that all McFly men had the same taste in women.