Nerdiest fact, question or answer you can think of.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
King of the Hill was the second longest animated series on American television. The Simpsons is the longest and I believe South Park is the third longest.

Halo was originally going to be a 3rd person shooter

Bungie has tried to get the Mongoose into a Halo game since the first one

despite the fact that mummies and Frankenstein's monster [and Hurbet West's reanimated corpse collection for that matter] are reanimated corpses, they are very rarely referred to as 'zombies'

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Kirk never actually said "Beam me up, Scotty" ever in the original series.

EDIT: Probably ninja'd, too lazy to read.

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
CanOfBeans said:
chuwbacca died from getting hit by a moon
Saving Anakin Solo.....:D
Asuras was destroyed by dialing up the attraction of the replicators to the neutronium in the soil of the planet, causing the massive mass of replicators to collapse the planet.
One shot from a zat stuns, two shots kills, and three shots disintegrate.
If a stargate is dialed at the exact moment of a solar flare the stargate will send the user through time.

brainless906

Feb 25, 2009
If one was to melt down an average human male and sell all the precious metals they obtained from that person he would only get roughly 0.87$

this of course varies with the size of a person.

irishdelinquent

Jan 29, 2008
Tolerant Fanboy said:
irishdelinquent said:
- One of the first things considered to be a "video game" was made using an oscilloscope, by one of the scientists who developed the atomic bomb.
I'm not 100% certain on this, but I believe the game in question was Pong.

Also, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, which states the at the quantum level, there is an inverse relationship between how well you can know a particle's position and momentum, also applies for energy and time. That's right. If you know how energetic a particle the size of an electron is, you can't say with any degree of accuracy when it is. (Well, how long it will exist, really.)
First, there were video games before Pong; Pong itself was ripped off of a game displayed for the Magnavox Odyssey. Computer Space was a game developed by geniuses and could only be played by computer sciences students at Ivey League Schools. The game I mentioned was developed by Oppenheimer, and was rather similar to pong.

dabronc7

Jul 16, 2009
It takes approximately 1.7 seconds for a 20" diameter table saw to cut the average living human hand in half at the knuckles. I have no idea how you test that.

brainiac2

Jun 15, 2008
Well, my background is a poster of every pokemon. One of them is oddly colored. Not shiny, just wrongly colored. Find this poster on the internet. Tell me which pokemon is and win a cookie.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Wait till I find an accurate picture of what the highest ordeals of angels look like. After you see what the depiction of an Ophanim and Cherubim looks like, I think you will know that the highest authority of angels are nowhere near our likenesses.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
Ashtovo said:
xplay3r said:
deadlyric said:
Well that's kind of a trap because if you know the answer is 42 that makes you a nerd....damn it i'm a nerd lol

OP: Han Solo says "it's the ship that made the kessle run in less than 12 parsects" Parsects are a measure of distance, however, this DOES make sence.
The Kessle Run is a series of black holes, because the closer you get to a black hole, the more the gravitational pull, so the faster your ship, the closer you can get to the black holes.
Therfore making it in 12 parsects means the ship is so fast, he can travel within twelve parsects of a black hole, and not get sucked in.

...you're welcome...
yay an answer to the question
lol Has it plauged you long?

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
I can't really match nerdy with most folks here, but debits increase values on the asset side of a balance sheet and are decreased by credits, while on the other side of a balance sheet debits decrease liabilities while credits increase them.

Now think about this for a minute. When you go to the bank and they "credit your account", it means they just gave you money, so your assets went up. But "your account" to the bank accountants means a current liability payable on demand to customer number whatever your account number is. The money you put in the bank increases the bank's assets, sure, but it has an equal effect on increasing the bank's liabilities---mind you, what the bank does with those assets to make more money more than makes up for the 0.005% interest they're paying you on that pathetic little savings account you call a nest egg. This is ultimately how the bank makes a profit---your savings become the base by which the bank...collateralizes debt obligations, makes subprime mortage loans, and runs itself into the ground because it knows it can soak the taxpayer for the difference.

My gods, we need stronger bank regulations!

Triple G

Sep 12, 2008
poncho14 said:
Eh there was a pic of it but i've lost it.

This Guy: Theres Plenty of fish in the sea
That Guy: Thats like you telling me theres plenty of games in the sea when my street fight III broke and offering Mortal combat

(something along those lines)
You mean:

SergioThree: there's other fish in the sea, man, she's just a girl
Beatsfromkorea: no dude, that's bullshit.
Beatsfromkorea: Think of it this way. if your precious copy of street fighter third strike broke and i told you "it's ok man, there's other games in the sea. here, play mortal kombat instead" what would you say? you'd be like, "fuck that, gimme third strike."
SergioThree: ...
SergioThree: you just reached me on a level that i never thought possible

EDIT: I love how I know almost every quote on bash.org. I'm such a nerd.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Alpha Reaper757 said:
It's not DARK Vader, it's DARTH Vader.
People who call him DARK Vader are the most annoying noobs on the the whole fucking planet!
OT 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
In the Galactic Senate in the Old Republic era, the planets of Trandosha and Kashykk were both represented by a single wookiee representative, this angered the Trandoshans, who'd had the quite the history of enslaving wookiees.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
That slimy monster in the Death Star's trash compactor in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is called the dianoga.

And for the record, that "Dark Vader" thing is just sad. It's simply tragic how many people haven't even seen Star Wars these days... :'(