Netflix cancels Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance after it wins an Emmy.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Netflix cancels a show that just won an Emmy, but keeps pedobait like Cuties on the service. Why does Netflix continually shoot itself in the foot?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Netflix cancels a show that just won an Emmy, but keeps pedobait like Cuties on the service. Why does Netflix continually shoot itself in the foot?
I would not call Cuties "pedo bait". If you don't like it, fine enough, but it ain't the film's fault nor the director's. Only those in charge of Netflix share the blame. Sorry about Dark Crystal. I never watched it, but I heard nothing, but good things. As for why? At the end of the day, Netflix is just another TV/Movie Network with a different face.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Sad. Season 1 set up the resistance getting it's shit together and it looks like season 2 was gonna show the whole thing getting slowly wiped out.

Actually, maybe it's best it didn't get renewed.....That was gonna be heart wretching.

It really is too bad. I enjoyed the first season a lot and every so often remembered I was actually watching a very expensive puppet show and I didn't care because I was so into it.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The muppets were looked pretty bad and took me out of the experience. Action also was not a strength for this puppets.... Just don't try. It looks stupid.

Season 1 was tradition season 1 stuff. Probably had too much set up and got bogged down. It's a very fine line between telling a good episode story, season story and series story. It probably would have had a better season 2