Netflix facing indictment from Texas grand jury over "Cuties"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I feel like we’re talking about naked children too much here. That’s just my opinion.
Yes, because we can apparently only talk on absolutes and find the worst possible example of things. There is definitely no in between

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Another month, another pedophile thread on the Escapist.

It's honestly a bit weird how often paedophilia is discussed here on The Escapist.

Just keep in mind people that as someone that doesn't feel sexual attraction towards anyone or anything, I'm judging you all, you bunch of perverts!
The current discussion (the last few posts) reminded me of the scene below from 1994's "The Professional." An innocent game of charades gets awkward when 12-year-old Matilda dresses up as Marilyn Monroe and sings the infamous birthday song in the same, sensually charged manner Monroe did when she performed it for Kennedy. The scene is awkward because a child imitating a seductress should be awkward, and it shows in Leon's discomfort.

You can recognize inappropriate sexual behavior from a child without feeling sexual urges for the child.

I feel the need to ruin this for everyone by reminding people that Léon The Professional is surprisingly paedophile friendly, he rejects her constantly thoughout the film, sure, but by the end he calls her love and scenes throughout the film have Mathilda engage in a lot of sexual behaviour, which is to say insinuating herself to Léon, supposedly under the pretence that she's trying to act like an adult, but if we take context into account and the fact that the director of the film Jean-Luc Besson was dating a 15 year old girl at the time of filming with which she had a child by next year, the real disturbing context of the film surfaces, in which it's trying to portray romantically the relationship between an almost middle aged man and a 12-year old girl.

So yeah, while the film can definitely be read as you describe, I don't think choosing a film that portrays a romantic relationship between a child and an adult in a mostly positive manner that was directed by an actual paedophile is like a great choice on how to handle these things tastefully.

BTW, I don't give a shit that the age of consent in France is 15, it doesn't make him any less of a paedophile.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
BTW, I don't give a shit that the age of consent in France is 15, it doesn't make him any less of a paedophile.
Technically he's not a pedophile. It's only pedophilia if the child is prepubescent...or something. There's a different word for attraction to underage teenagers.

My preferable word though is "gross."

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
No, I didn't know this was a thing, now I'm wondering why it's a thing. Ugh... (no, I didn't watch the video; the still image was enough.)
* Just imagines you being in charge of the playground equipment*
Xprimentyl demolishes the playground removing ALL POLES so "No more pole dancing for you, you filthy heathens! How dare you contaminate the sanctity of the kickball field with such SMUT?!!" LMAO

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
With as much as I love Breaking the Law, just .. Turbo Lover happened and I am not sure how to reconcile that.
Judas Priest kicks ass. What Rob Halford does in his free time is his business.Don't need to let that ruin their greatness.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Judas Priest kicks ass. What Rob Halford does in his free time is his business.Don't need to let that ruin their greatness.
That wasn't on his own time.. The album was just bad...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That is a difficult choice, however. I am going to have to go with Iron Maiden simply because I can never forgive Judas Priest for Turbo Lover. Though I usually like my metal faster.. harder than either most the time. I was always more of a slayer girl.. Thrash metal/ speed metal, death metal. Though I also like some metal punk and others. I just don't really like slow music at all though, metal or otherwise.
What are your thoughts on MSI?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What are your thoughts on MSI?
I couldn't even finish listening to that. :X

Like when me and my sister had to share a room.. if she had put that on her stereo and not on her headset, I would have likely wiped her stereo off into the floor .. again. XD

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Degeneracy spreads and erodes morals gradually over time. In another 50 years we'll lower the age of consent to 10 and work on legalizing bestiality, if humanity is still here. I'm exaggerating... or am I?
Soooo, you're saying we'll end up like it was back in biblical times. Well, the conservatives do want us to become a godly country again. So I guess child wives, buying selling women as property, and only being good for breeding, WOULD be in keeping with the lowering of morals, as we would be adopting religious morals at that point. So yeah I guess we're right on track for that world, if the religious types have their way.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I couldn't even finish listening to that. :X

Like when me and my sister had to share a room.. if she had put that on her stereo and not on her headset, I would have likely wiped her stereo off into the floor .. again. XD
Aww.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
and work on legalizing bestiality
Is bestiality actually bad? I mean there is the 'eww' factor but is it actually damaging? Considering all the things we do to animals, it seems like fucking them would be on the less fucked up side. I guess there is the consent issue and power dynamic.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Is bestiality actually bad? I mean there is the 'eww' factor but is it actually damaging? Considering all the things we do to animals, it seems like fucking them would be on the less fucked up side. I guess there is the consent issue and power dynamic.
Danyl is that you? D:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'm always reminded of a quote from Michael Stipe (lead singer for REM), when he was asked....I think it was about his sexuality, waaaay back in the day on MTV at a festival.

And I'm paraphrasing slightly, but it's basically my thoughts on sexuality.

"What someone does with their junk, is none of your/my business, unless we are sitting on their lap." With the implied caveat of adult consent. If I'm not being directly impacted by the physical application of your junk to a body that isn't me, and that body is an adult who is enthusiastically into it, I don't really care what you get up to.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm always reminded of a quote from Michael Stipe (lead singer for REM), when he was asked....I think it was about his sexuality, waaaay back in the day on MTV at a festival.

And I'm paraphrasing slightly, but it's basically my thoughts on sexuality.

"What someone does with their junk, is none of your/my business, unless we are sitting on their lap." With the implied caveat of adult consent. If I'm not being directly impacted by the physical application of your junk to a body that isn't me, and that body is an adult who is enthusiastically into it, I don't really care what you get up to.
Yea, I could care less what he does with his junk, it is the song/ album that sucked. XD

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Yea, I could care less what he does with his junk, it is the song/ album that sucked. XD
Eh, I've never been a fan of JP, but most metal bands were never my jam. But I did love driving a remote control Knight Rider car in Watchdogs 2, while blaring Turbolover. That was just too damn fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.