Netflix loses 970k subscribers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wonder how much has to do with the oversaturation of the streaming service market, versus how much has to do with Netflix making trash shows like Resident Evil and such.

Because Netflix used to be a hub for online shows and movies, but as more studios put out their own services that digs into the potential entertainment that Netflix can offer as they loose the rights to shows on Paramont, Disney+, HBO, etc etc etc. The value Netflix can offer grows less and less, unless they start making better shows and/or movies, which I don't think they have the studios or budget to do especially when loosing revenue.
It's the same problem with every company that grows too big: Netflix got arrogant and are now losing out. You pretty much hit the nail in the head, and this has been discussed before in the online space, and out of it. Netflix has actually been losing money ever since they lost all the Marvel shows about the Defenders, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It's the same problem with every company that grows too big: Netflix got arrogant and are now losing out. You pretty much hit the nail in the head, and this has been discussed before in the online space, and out of it. Netflix is actually losing money ever since they lost all the Marvel shows about the Defenders, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc.
So is that Netflix arrogance or Disney greed? I dunno if arrogance works out if all they were doing was offering a streaming service on the cheap that had a ton of great shit on it. I think other companies saw how well it worked for Netflix, so they decided to take all their shit back and make their own service.

And you know what? The customer gets fucked this way.

Instead of having everything on Netflix, you now have to sub to 17 other fucking services to get all the shit you want. Which is fucking awful. I would rather have another price increase on Netflix (say 20/.month) than having to sub to 7 services for 10-17bucks each. Fuck that noise. Now nobody gets my money because I'd rather play video games anyway bunch of dicks.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And you know what? The customer gets fucked this way.

Instead of having everything on Netflix, you now have to sub to 17 other fucking services to get all the shit you want. Which is fucking awful. I would rather have another price increase on Netflix (say 20/.month) than having to sub to 7 services for 10-17bucks each. Fuck that noise. Now nobody gets my money because I'd rather play video games anyway bunch of dicks.
It's a good thing I don't give a crap about most of those streaming services. The only ones I care for are Netflix, HBO max, and Amazon Prime. Disney plus is useless to me, because there's nothing on it. Granted, if I want to watch it, I could use my brother's account. Everybody else can get fucked. It's also a good thing that I don't seek validation for everything I watch, nor try to constantly keep up to remain "relevant" to some jackass critics or psycho fans of said shows and streaming services.

And that is why I usually wait for a physical version for certain movies or popular shows that later come to DVD or blu-ray.

Netflix has good selections, but they can't rely on Stranger Things Forever.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
How did things turn out for HBO Max once Game of Thrones ended?
HBO Max wasn't leaning on just Game of Thrones. They also have all the DCU stuff, plenty of classic movies...Netflix has Stranger Things, possibly the Fear Street movies (they are making more, which I'm in favor of, but I don't know how much of a focus that is)...and that's pretty much it. Resident Evil is a big hit, but very polarizing, so we'll see how big that is in one or two weeks...and I'm honestly not even sure what other originals Netflix even has on there besides Beastars, which is coming up on its last season.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Creating tier subsciptions that not only add... adds, but also locks off some of the content is sure to get them back on track. Yep.
HBO Max wasn't leaning on just Game of Thrones. They also have all the DCU stuff, plenty of classic movies...Netflix has Stranger Things, possibly the Fear Street movies (they are making more, which I'm in favor of, but I don't know how much of a focus that is)...and that's pretty much it. Resident Evil is a big hit, but very polarizing, so we'll see how big that is in one or two weeks...and I'm honestly not even sure what other originals Netflix even has on there besides Beastars, which is coming up on its last season.
They still got Squid Game too, which is currently working on a Season 2 I think. I think First Kill and Heartstopper did pretty good roping in the LGBTQ+. And there's Arcane, which I don't think did totally massive numbers but certainly made a splash, though I'm not sure how much of that they actually own as I'm guessing Riot does.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The thing that irks me with Netflix is that they tie-in resolution with the number of people who can watch it at once.

I only really need to watch Netflix on a single device at once, but if I go for the basic package, I only get to stream at 480p. If I want 1080p, it is an extra 60% (with an extra stream, that I don't need), and if I want 4K, it is over 2x the price (with 3 extra streams, which I definitely don't need).

Through frustration alone, their pricing model encourages you to share your login to split the cost. So its no wonder that they have so many people doing it.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It's funny, the only reason we still have Netflix is for all the shows they don't actually make.

As someone living in a country where every PC is flying a skull and crossbones, Netflix survives in our household simply because it can be more convenient than hunting down a torrent. So the moment Netflix loses the rights to shows from other countries (k-dramas, anime, sitcoms), it's dead to us.

The thing that irks me with Netflix is that they tie-in resolution with the number of people who can watch it at once.

I only really need to watch Netflix on a single device at once, but if I go for the basic package, I only get to stream at 480p. If I want 1080p, it is an extra 60% (with an extra stream, that I don't need), and if I want 4K, it is over 2x the price (with 3 extra streams, which I definitely don't need).

Through frustration alone, their pricing model encourages you to share your login to split the cost. So its no wonder that they have so many people doing it.
I think there's a Chrome extension that forces Netflix to be 1080p. My friend highly recommended it, although I don't remember the name right now.

Reactions: BrawlMan
Aug 25, 2022
Country
USA
The competition is high because of this comes the flow of visitors from one to another! I believe that Netflix will restore its position!