Netflix recommendations for a 'Netflix n Chill n00b'

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
My wife decided to get a Netflix sub to go with her impending pay-rise and growing addiction for C/MDrama (shocking how much of it there is on Netflix once I did a bit of browsing).

So, recommendations based on having watched the following (also just to avoid mentioning stuff I've already watched, limited though it may be):

Altered Carbon S1
The Witcher
Shadow & Bone
Arcane
Queen's Gambit

Off to start Altered Carbon S2, however.

Last edited:

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Well, Stranger Things is plenty worthy. I happened to like Ozark (Breaking Bad for C.F.P.'s instead of chemistry teachers) and Mindhunters (highly fictionalized early FBI behavioral sciences investigations), but both were canceled before properly getting a chance to end. American Vandal is fun in a faux documentary sort of style. Black Mirror is good, pitch black dystopia anthology. And for some that didn't get huge viewership that I enjoyed. Into the Badlands is pretty good post-apocalypse dystopia with some good kung fu and wirework style. And they also have Hap and Leonard which is a pretty good adaptation of Joe R. Lansdale's Captains Outrageous series (best description I heard is West Texas Splatterpunk... it isn't really easy to categorize.)

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you want something really chill then check out Midnight Dinner. Its subbed, but very chill. Its about the stories of various patrons for a small dinner in Tokyo, that is only open from midnight to 7 am.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
If you want something really chill then check out Midnight Dinner. Its subbed, but very chill. Its about the stories of various patrons for a small dinner in Tokyo, that is only open from midnight to 7 am.
Watch out for the Korean rip-off though. Looks fake as all heck.

Errm... Lucifer is a rather fun, albeit formulaic, series.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Do you know where they show S1-3 at all? Apparently only S4 is on Netflix...

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Do you know where they show S1-3 at all? Apparently only S4 is on Netflix...
I show 3 seasons of Midnight Diner and 2 seasons of Midnight Diner Tokyo stories, which is like the second series.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I show 3 seasons of Midnight Diner and 2 seasons of Midnight Diner Tokyo stories, which is like the second series.
Huh, must be a local availability issue.

OT: Altered Carbon S2 is turning out to be a real drag, they sure went 'lighter and softer' and ridiculously hammy, at that.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Huh, must be a local availability issue.

OT: Altered Carbon S2 is turning out to be a real drag, they sure went 'lighter and softer' and ridiculously hammy, at that.
Go and kiss an Asian.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Taiwan, if that helps.
Oh, I'm in the US so yeah that would really change up what is offered. Sadly I have no idea how to find it outside of netflix. I know back in the day you could use a vpn to get other regions shows on streaming services, I know that they were trying to find ways to stop that, but I don't know how successful they were.