Netflix's Live Action Avatar Last Airbender has casted the actor to play Firelord Ozai.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
And its not Mark Hamill.

And this is your daily reminder that this show is still happening...

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Ozai's probably the least interesting character to announce. Instead I'm going to have to ask who's playing uncle Iroh!?

Ozai always felt kinda flat. In a world where almost everyone was interesting he wasn't. Ozai's just a generic evil overlord who's vastly overshadowed by his brother and his children. He practically never gets directly involved in the plot and doesn't even come off as particularly strong. To top it off he's not even responsible for most big event in the story since he's only been in power for a few years and never left his palace.

Its weird that his grandfather Sozin, a character exclusively reserved for a flashback sequence in one episode can be a multifaceted character while Ozai's just a plot devise to keep the story moving.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still most likely not watching. Another reminder is that Mike and Bryan had nothing to do with the Netflix adaption, nor approved of it.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I dunno why but I think George Takei should go play a prison warden in this live action show.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Ozai's probably the least interesting character to announce. Instead I'm going to have to ask who's playing uncle Iroh!?

Ozai always felt kinda flat. In a world where almost everyone was interesting he wasn't. Ozai's just a generic evil overlord who's vastly overshadowed by his brother and his children. He practically never gets directly involved in the plot and doesn't even come off as particularly strong. To top it off he's not even responsible for most big event in the story since he's only been in power for a few years and never left his palace.

Its weird that his grandfather Sozin, a character exclusively reserved for a flashback sequence in one episode can be a multifaceted character while Ozai's just a plot devise to keep the story moving.
Ozai is a power hungry conqueror. Same as any number of warlords throughout human history. Not every villain is tragedy wrapped up in nuance. Ozai is an asshole who was born to power, in a nation already two generations into its conquest, educated to believe in the greatness of his own nation and bloodline and the righteousness of its cause.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes the bad guy is just a bad guy.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
This show is still going on? Last time I heard about it was it’s announcement a few years back.