Neutral Drow reviews: A Drug That Makes You Dream

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Rodyle2 said:
NeutralDrow said:
Evilsanta said:
So do you know where to get Fate/Stay legally? As i dont want to torrent it. And thanks to google i know there is an english patch, which means i dont have to use my crappy japanese language skills.
Yeah, there's that one legal copy that I know of. And it keeps getting more expensive (it was $75 in late 2008). I just noted that it was used and didn't bother, just went with the torrent...and if you ask the same question about Tsukihime, no. If there ever was a legal copy, it'd be $400 by now and buried on some Japanese auction site.

Also, ignore Rodyle. Ilya is clearly greater than her maids. And he forgot to put Sakura anywhere on there.
Sella and Leysritt are much prettier than the loli. As a character though she is superior.

Sakura is a slightly better character than the maids, Rider's sisters, and the schoolgirls, but she's not as entertaining.

In looks, she's dead last.
I already explained how I have a thing for large-breasted and modestly-dressed characters, so I'll skip it here.

I'll also refrain from explaining her appeal when she's naked and sweating, because I'm certain it would go against forum rules and several aspects of good taste.

<color=aliceblue>Shouldn'ta showed me where that uncensoring patch was.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Il try out Tsukihime to then though i only skimmed trough your reweiv on that Neutral, but the overall seemed quite good. Large breats and glasses...To good to be true..Girls in glasses (Insert Homer Simpson drool sound)*erhm* Where was i? 400$!?!? Id only pay that much if it included some virtual reality mode.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Rodyle2 said:
NeutralDrow said:
Rodyle2 said:
NeutralDrow said:
Evilsanta said:
So do you know where to get Fate/Stay legally? As i dont want to torrent it. And thanks to google i know there is an english patch, which means i dont have to use my crappy japanese language skills.
Yeah, there's that one legal copy that I know of. And it keeps getting more expensive (it was $75 in late 2008). I just noted that it was used and didn't bother, just went with the torrent...and if you ask the same question about Tsukihime, no. If there ever was a legal copy, it'd be $400 by now and buried on some Japanese auction site.

Also, ignore Rodyle. Ilya is clearly greater than her maids. And he forgot to put Sakura anywhere on there.
Sella and Leysritt are much prettier than the loli. As a character though she is superior.

Sakura is a slightly better character than the maids, Rider's sisters, and the schoolgirls, but she's not as entertaining.

In looks, she's dead last.
I already explained how I have a thing for large-breasted and modestly-dressed characters, so I'll skip it here.

I'll also refrain from explaining her appeal when she's naked and sweating, because I'm certain it would go against forum rules and several aspects of good taste.

<color=aliceblue>Shouldn'ta showed me where that uncensoring patch was.
Modestly dressed
Rider is superior.
Hair's too long, slightly too tall, and there's a slight problem with her eyes, as you'll recall. She's still tied for a very close second with Caster.

Evilsanta said:
Il try out Tsukihime to then though i only skimmed trough your reweiv on that Neutral, but the overall seemed quite good. Large breats and glasses...To good to be true..Girls in glasses (Insert Homer Simpson drool sound)*erhm* Where was i? 400$!?!? Id only pay that much if it included some virtual reality mode.
It's what happens when you look for a popular game that was only released in Japan (and ten years ago). It's why I didn't mind torrenting that and FSN.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Evilsanta said:
I guees its ok when its that old. Arhg...i have alot of allnighter ahead of me now.
For some reassurance, Tsukihime only took me a couple of weeks, according to my save files at least. Admittedly, that was on average three or four hours a night, and I read pretty quickly.

Fate/Stay Night, on the other hand, took me three and a half days...in other words, 84 nonconsecutive hours. So yeah, even when you factor in a few hours just messing around in the CG galleries or certain scenes or the like (the game actually keeps track of how long you've played) it's pretty long. ^^;

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
NeutralDrow said:
Evilsanta said:
I guees its ok when its that old. Arhg...i have alot of allnighter ahead of me now.
For some reassurance, Tsukihime only took me a couple of weeks, according to my save files at least. Admittedly, that was on average three or four hours a night, and I read pretty quickly.

Fate/Stay Night, on the other hand, took me three and a half days...in other words, 84 nonconsecutive hours. So yeah, even when you factor in a few hours just messing around in the CG galleries or certain scenes or the like (the game actually keeps track of how long you've played) it's pretty long. ^^;
Thats hardcore...Lucky you... Because i havent found a place of my own i have limited playtime and that i have school and tons of assignments(aka homework)i mostly pull allnighters on weekends or...damn forgot the word its like vacations from school i guess.

Anyways to stay on topic a little got any other VNs to recommend?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Evilsanta said:
NeutralDrow said:
Evilsanta said:

Thats hardcore...Lucky you... Because i havent found a place of my own i have limited playtime and that i have school and tons of assignments(aka homework)i mostly pull allnighters on weekends or...damn forgot the word its like vacations from school i guess.
I can sympathize (university student, myself). It's half the reason I only play them at night, after all.

Anyways to stay on topic a little got any other VNs to recommend?
Really, I've reviewed all but one game (Fate/Stay Night) that I've personally played so far; they're all in that list at the end of the review. Other than this game and the two Type-Moon games, the only one I'd give a non-tentative recommendation for is Kanon (if you're interested, PM me; it's one of those games that's not available by normal means, but I've only found one version that works with the translation patch...and it's not a torrent).

Of the others, Xchange is horrible and Little My Maid...well, I've finally established to myself that I do sort of like the game, but it's really not one I'd recommend under normal circumstances. Especially since it's an official translation, and so costs money.

Kagetsu Tohya is pretty much only good if you really liked Tsukihime. I'm halfway through Kana: Little Sister right now, but it's looking like I'll be giving it a positive appraisal in the eventual review.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Well thanks for the tips, il check some of em out. Kana:Little sister is susposed to really emotional. Hope you can handle it. :p

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Evilsanta said:
Well thanks for the tips, il check some of em out. Kana:Little sister is susposed to really emotional. Hope you can handle it. :p
My soul hurts. And I still have three endings to go.

I hope none of them are as bad as last night. I'm not even sure what words I can use to describe how depressing "Out of the Maze" was.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
NeutralDrow said:

I hope none of them are as bad as last night. I'm not even sure what words I can use to describe how depressing "Out of the Maze" was.
For soul hurting i recommend that you eat some chochlate(or lots of it), that usally works for me. Or play/watch/read/listen to something that guarentes to make you happy. Like

When Aeka and Kouhei both strangle ***** que...*cough* Kyoka or when Kouhei cuts the her... Makes my happy... In a sadistic way i guess. Or Mizukis ending is good to.Happy family ending Yay! ;)

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Evilsanta said:
NeutralDrow said:

For soul hurting i recommend that you eat some chochlate(or lots of it), that usally works for me. Or play/watch/read/listen to something that guarentes to make you happy. Like

When Aeka and Kouhei both strangle ***** que...*cough* Kyoka or when Kouhei cuts the her... Makes my happy... In a sadistic way i guess. Or Mizukis ending is good to.Happy family ending Yay! ;)
I'm already planning a detoxification that involves the Realta Nua: Last Episode ending of Fate/Stay Night (I'd describe it, but it'd be a spoiler for the Fate route). And my next game after Kana is gonna be Princess Waltz, which I haven't heard is especially emotional.

That, or I'll just go the route that one Kanon route took me and spontaneously start crying for one night...well, except that that really did catch me completely by surprise. Even if it did help.

...and there goes another shred of my masculine self-image. At this rate, only my beard and my asocial behavior will remain before long. >_>

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Princess Waltz...I have it somewhere in the dark corners of my room. Cant really tell you anything about it. I only got a little bit in to it as my old computer decided its was time to say farewell. Guess i have to intall that too. Argh...my precuis disk space...And dont worry about the masculine self-image lift some weights or run some laps and its should restore it self. In the long run :p Or i you want to gain masulinety fast wrestle a bear or kill a lion with your barefists. That a sure kill way to gain manliness. Or play the manliest game ever, ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK! YOUR MANLIESS IS MEASURD IN HOW MUCH PINK YOU WEAR!

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Evilsanta said:
Princess Waltz...I have it somewhere in the dark corners of my room. Cant really tell you anything about it. I only got a little bit in to it as my old computer decided its was time to say farewell. Guess i have to intall that too. Argh...my precuis disk space...And dont worry about the masculine self-image lift some weights or run some laps and its should restore it self. In the long run :p Or i you want to gain masulinety fast wrestle a bear or kill a lion with your barefists. That a sure kill way to gain manliness. Or play the manliest game ever, ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK! YOUR MANLIESS IS MEASURD IN HOW MUCH PINK YOU WEAR!

It's the wrong shade of pink, though. Manly pink is a darker shade.

...in other words, the only thing that can save me is a few hours on <url=http://www.thepinballcompany.com/ProductImages/usedarcades/MoCap_Boxing.jpg>this. Or, since I don't know where one is, either Red Steel 2 or Wii Boxing.

(No, that's not me)

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Well isnt that some easy solutions. Just call a friend over and punch each other silly in Wii boxing. :D

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Oh you while im at it. Where can i found the soundtracks for A drug that makes you dream? Want to put the happy go lucky ones in my mp3 player for a quick happy boost.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Rodyle2 said:
rekabdarb said:
Zeon_1992 said:
Hmmm. Going to have to hunt this down. Nice job on the review!
lawl dude where the fuck is that gif from i want it
Good sir, is that the Brand of Sacrifice I see in your avatar? If so, you must be a gentlemen of taste.
yes sir, it used to be guts, but i lost the picture