NevenTale, the first MMO without grind, now live on Kicksatrter

Tigfist

Feb 25, 2014
Hey guys, I have to admit that I have recently stumbled upon a game that got me more hyped than ESO. It is called NevenTale and it is an MMORPG project that is supposed to be the first MMO without a grind.

Everything will be possible because the game will be created by players and the studio and the studio will give away 10% of their income so that the modders will create high quality content. The thing that gets me excited the most is the fact that we will not only get a constantly growing game looking like skyrim but I will also be able to create my own quest : D #swag

I know that my description may be bad, but I really want to play this game. You have to check out the Kickstarter website: http://bit.ly/neventale

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Ah yes, user generated content.

I can see the quests now:
"Lord Penis of the Land of Penis needs you to go out and collect the Five Golden Penises to Penis the Penis. Penis Penis Penis Balls Vagina Penis."

Yeah I know it probably won't come to that, they even address it in the video. But the fact is that even the "good stuff" will probably be on par with what you will find in any other MMO.

Also the most interesting part of having a world is being able to shape and mold the world into something interesting, and then work within that world to create unique stories. With everyone having free reign to create what they want the world will easily start to feel like "Generic Fantasy World #580". There won't be consistency, people will just say, "I think THIS would be awesome" even if it doesn't fit within the world, the lore or the themes of everything. It will become a mish-mash of so many things and the world won't feel cohesive.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
That is A LOT of money they're asking for. They have some good ideas, but that cost is insane. I just don't see them reaching that goal, not even close.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's certainly a neat idea, but...
- this is a completely unproven team
- doing an unproven project
- trying to do an MMO which takes the most resources to get together
- and is most likely to fail without any product
- asking for two million
- with only select models and a vague description as proof of concept

I wish them all the best but this whole setup sounds insane, if they were doing a mod or expansion on a running MMO then perhaps I would have some hope of things working, but what they intend to do is a complete crapshoot.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Everquest is doing this whole player generated content thing too. Or at least, things players made from EQN: Landmark will be used in Everquest Next.

If they wanted a good user created content mechanic (or at least I think it's good) they should look towards Neverwinter. Yes they're in separate instances and a lot of them are basically just groups of enemies. But there are some gems in there as well.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Oh man... Fresh account and the same text is spammed by on several other boards.
Now you have to think about if that thing is even legit.

(Maybe it is.. but still i never liked promoting like that. Bad start...)

2 Million though. Hm hm. Does the company (whoever they are) have enough "goodwill"tm for that. Who are these guys?

TO THE RESEARCH!!!

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Under the "our team members have worked on" they have "Aliens Colonial Marines." Well I guess it's better to be well known then known for being good.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Summerstorm said:
Oh man... Fresh account and the same text is spammed by on several other boards.
Add to that the fact that there are only about a dozen backer atm, and the "#Swag" part, this looks like either an advertiser or a bot.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Zontar said:
Summerstorm said:
Add to that the fact that there are only about a dozen backer atm, and the "#Swag" part, this looks like either an advertiser or a bot.
Account was created a month ago so I doubt it's a bot.

My guess is one of the Vavel (which I'm guessing is meant to look like Valve) team went around and created a bunch of accounts on different gaming sites when they first decided they were going to do a Kickstarter. I doubt they are malicious. But I do think they are overly ambitious and horrible at building hype.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Elfgore said:
That is A LOT of money they're asking for. They have some good ideas, but that cost is insane. I just don't see them reaching that goal, not even close.
It's a lot of money for kickstarter.

It's about 4% of the budget of even the most humble AAA MMO, most of which are instantly castigated for not having enough content to compete with the billion dollar gorilla that looms over the industry.

You might as well kickstart a space station.

Sep 14, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
You might as well kickstart a space station.
Hah, this reminds me of that old starvin marvin south park episode, here is the clip, can't link it directly into the forum post unfortunately:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/151546/pat-robinson

OT: Yeahh even if it is a nice idea, the budget is asking for quite a bit, not to mention the team is relatively unknown and such. good luck but I won't be donating to an mmo

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
An MMO seems like it would be the hardest thing to Kickstart for all the unseen costs that could come up after the money getting period

I wish luck to all those who donate but I'm not that comfortable donating myself

Tigfist

Feb 25, 2014
Heah, $2.000.000 is a big goal, but I hope they will succeed for the project is awesome :)
I'm just wondering how hard is it to make it happen...

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Not sure about the "no grind" part. The slower game play pace created by a grind is what lets communities form and put the "MM" in "MMORPG". Not many people like grinding, but there are ways to fix it other than completely removing it like every modern "MM"O tries to do.