New 2K Humble Bundle Includes Spec Ops: The Line for $1

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New 2K Humble Bundle Includes Spec Ops: The Line for $1

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1337/1337375.jpgThe latest Humble Bundle features a bevy of 2K titles, including Spec Ops: The Line, Civilization V, and more.

It's hard to find a better deal in gaming than the Humble Bundle most of the time, and the latest entry is no exception. In the second "2K Bundle," Humble is offering up a list filled with games that are worth the price of admission.

Right now, you can spend one dollar and lay your hands on The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line, and Duke Nukem Forever. Beat the average, and you can add Civilization V, Mafia II, NBA 2K16, a pack of skins for Battleborn, and a coupon for 40 percent off XCOM 2.

The top tier is priced at $15, and includes Battleborn, 230 Battleborn platinum (premium currency), and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

It's a pretty good deal for a group of games that are (mostly) solid titles. If you're interested, you've got about 13 days left to pick it up.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Most of these games are old enough that anybody interested probably already has them, but I am definitely interested in NBA 2K16... assuming the PC port isn't awful.

P.S. Thanks

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Covarr said:
Most of these games are old enough that anybody interested probably already has them, but I am definitely interested in NBA 2K16... assuming the PC port isn't awful.

P.S. Thanks
Most of these newer games got scores around a 7. Others, like you write, I already have, sometimes on console (PS+ NBA 16 for free just recently). But $15 gets a lot of games. I wouldn't be trying Battleborne but Yahtzee liked it a little and they are offering all that extra DLC.

Not sure what to do with the games I already have (like Civilization 5 or The Line). I think this site has a gifting thread of free Steam keys. Might add 'em.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Hmm. Mildly tempted by Civ V, though if I got off my butt and initiated Steam sharing, I could just get it from my wife. And Borderlands:TPS, though I've heard mixed things. Also slightly tempted by Battleborn, though it might or might not work on Vista- but frankly, I suspect Gearbox's also-ran to Overwatch could use me as a player a heckuva lot more than I need it as a game.

Most of the rest of that that I'd ever had an interest in, I already have. And, bluntly, they ought to give you a dollar to play Duke Nukem Forever.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Surprised by Battleborn being offered so soon
I'm not entirely so. I mean, yes, the game is still on Steam, and they're still asking $60 for it. But like Evolve, it's a game that by its genre lives or dies not on its shiny-new polish or its character roster, but on its community. A multi-player shooter that finds it hard to gather and keep a significant crowd of players on its servers is more or less dead in the water; Battleborn suffers from a lukewarm "70" on Metacritic, more than one critic decrying the poor way its multiplayer functionality is accessed and used, the dreaded "Mixed" review result on Steam, and perhaps worst of all, being massively overshadowed by Overwatch, which occupies a very similar niche- and by most accountings, does a much better job of it.

Notably, the "Bundle" offers the base game and a handful of premium currency- not, for example, the Season Pass. As a "taster" that might bring new blood to their servers and potentially get more "whales" hooked into their in-game currency treadmill, I suspect someone in accounting over at 2K is thinking this makes a lot of sense.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Callate said:
isn't there a risk of upsetting established community with a heavy discount so soon?
There might be; that's a reasonable point. But I suspect many people would be more aggrieved that there's no one to play their $60 game with than that other people got to play it for less. Maybe some will grumble; perhaps they might even go as far as to send out an angry e-mail or profess that they won't make any more purchases from the in-game store. But I suspect that most understand that, sooner or later, a game goes down in price. If one wants to be the first to play something new, one buys early or even pre-orders, and pays a premium. If one only cares that they simply get a chance to play it, there's a lot to be said for waiting for a Steam Sale or the equivalent.

Admittedly Battleborn's transition was faster than some (Google says it was released May 3). The current climate of the Internet has made such transitions occur more rapidly, and multiplayer games seem to be especially fickle.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Callate said:
isn't there a risk of upsetting established community with a heavy discount so soon?
There would be if there was an established community to begin with. At the moment there is none because nobody plays it. Overwatch killed it before it began.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
How in the shit did you not lead this with $15 for Battleborn? It's a great game.... I get it, you didn't play it because you were confused about what it is compared to Overwatch, right? I just hope this reinvigorates the community.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Baresark said:
How in the shit did you not lead this with $15 for Battleborn? It's a great game.... I get it, you didn't play it because you were confused about what it is compared to Overwatch, right? I just hope this reinvigorates the community.
I am tempted to try out Battleborn but their visual design is terrible, the characters are all over the place and this is coming from someone that thinks that the characters in Overwatch are too all over the place. And the screen is always filled with crap, even if the hud wasnt there it still wouldnt be visually appealling, its such a mess (the backgrounds do usually look good though), same problem that Borderlands 2 had.