NEW assasins creed III trailer :)

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
*sigh* first to post and yet the other ones get all the attention ;_;

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
the 30 second mark...good god that is epic. Instant pre-order!
He knocked his bayonette to an upright position on the ground, knocks the soldier's head in to the knife part and fired the gun...(drool)
Yeh, the move was good, personally, for me, I would buy it whether the trailer was good or not :p

But it just feels like another AC trailer, I didn't get that "ooooooh" feeling like I did with some other trailers [Borderlands 2 for example]

I want some closure, what happens next to Desmond >:[]!!

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Well this game is the final chapter in Desmond's story so at least that will be over, hope it's climactic. It won't be the last assassins creed however, just the end of Desmond's tale.
Wait, so after all that, Desmond is nothing but a pawn? I thought he was the main protagonist of this whole shebang? I mean he's been chosen by those crazy god-like creatures and this is his last chapter? ;_;

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks for posting the video! I wonder if this game will be more open forest and less time in cities.
I would really love the change from cities to forests. That could open some fun gameplay changes.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
TorchofThanatos said:
Thanks for posting the video! I wonder if this game will be more open forest and less time in cities.
I would really love the change from cities to forests. That could open some fun gameplay changes.
Change is never a bad thing, shows that the devs/publishers aren't too scared to try something new.

exp. 99

Mar 31, 2010
Eh, I'm unimpressed. Yes, the fighting and engine are no doubt going to be good, but I pray they aren't going to go for the "AMERICA GOOD/ENGLAND BAD" cant. Shades of grey make for so much better a game.

TorchofThanatos

Dec 6, 2010
Seraj said:
TorchofThanatos said:
Change is never a bad thing, shows that the devs/publishers aren't too scared to try something new.
The Assassins Creed games haven't been known for trying new things. This could be a really interesting. I am loving the tomahawk weapon.
I wonder what Desmond will be doing while this is going on. Frankly I really don't care much about him anyways but I would like to know what happened in that cave.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Seraj said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Well this game is the final chapter in Desmond's story so at least that will be over, hope it's climactic. It won't be the last assassins creed however, just the end of Desmond's tale.
Wait, so after all that, Desmond is nothing but a pawn? I thought he was the main protagonist of this whole shebang? I mean he's been chosen by those crazy god-like creatures and this is his last chapter? ;_;
Pah, because Ubisoft would ever end a franchise that's raking in so popular. Hell, because any publisher would!

Not that I'm complaining. I love AC and I won't be sorry to see the back of Desmond, no matter how contrived the reasoning for it is. So long as everything I love about the games stays pure.

In regards to the trailer... WANT! DO WANT! WANT NOW! I'm even prepared to resist my instinctive British passive-aggressive tendencies for this.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
exp. 99 said:
Eh, I'm unimpressed. Yes, the fighting and engine are no doubt going to be good, but I pray they aren't going to go for the "AMERICA GOOD/ENGLAND BAD" cant. Shades of grey make for so much better a game.
Why is that a bad thing? I can't see a justification for portraying the English as the good guys in this game anymore than I could in a Assassins Creed game based in colonial India, China, Africa or 1920's Ireland.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
exp. 99 said:
considering this is only the first trailer, and its only a minute and a half long, and taking established AC canon into account, I don't think that will be a problem.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
exp. 99 said:
Assassins creed 1 did a good job of grey areas, actually scrap that, they all do a good job of grey areas. I'm if this one keeps in line, it should do just as well.

Although Ubisoft being French, I wouldn't be that surprised if they took the chance to whack the English a little.

TorchofThanatos said:
The Assassins Creed games haven't been known for trying new things. This could be a really interesting. I am loving the tomahawk weapon.
I wonder what Desmond will be doing while this is going on. Frankly I really don't care much about him anyways but I would like to know what happened in that cave.
They have tried new things, they're just utter complete crap.

For example, the tower defence minigame - cack.
the hooked blade - really? you could have just made us jump a little higher - cack
send your minions around the world to level them up - I'd rather they levelled helping me take out this small battalion that is running at me.

etc. etc. etc.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
And here I thought the pre-promotional americano poster was a fake. Glad I'm wrong. I just have to play the other two Ass-creeds and I'll be set!

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
I'm a little concerned that jumping around through forests isn't going to be as fun as jumping around a city like Florence.

I am still excited for the new era though. The renaissance was growing very stale.