New Bad Guys Turn Up In Hard Reset Extended Edition Screens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Bad Guys Turn Up In Hard Reset Extended Edition Screens

Eight new Hard Reset: Extended Edition screens promise lots more robot-shooting action, with lots of new stuff to shoot at.

The first thing you may notice about these new Hard Reset: Extended Edition screens is that a good number of them are blurry. That's because everything that happens in Hard Reset happens fast as hell, and if you're not wheeling around and running while you shoot at everything that moves, you're either walking into a room where a dozen angry robots are waiting to jump you or you've just been killed.

[gallery=619]

The second thing you'll notice, if you've played through the original game, is that the robots being shot at in these screens are different than the robots you spent all your time shooting at the first time through. That's not a particularly impressive feat - as much as I love Hard Reset [http://store.steampowered.com/app/98400/], I have to admit that the variety of enemies is not exactly thick and rich - but it's nice to see the developers doing more for the Extended Edition than just cranking out a few cookie-cutter levels and then headed out for a few rounds of Żywiec.

The Hard Reset Extended Edition, in case you missed it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114747-Hard-Reset-Coming-To-Stores-As-Extended-Edition], is the upcoming retail re-release of Hard Reset, last year's over-the-top, endearingly incoherent FPS from Polish developer Flying Wild Hog. ["Polish FPS studio" should tell you all you need to know.] The new edition will contain four new enemies, five new levels worth about three hours of gameplay, two new "survival mode" levels and updates to the already-impressive visuals. More "back-story elements" are also apparently in store, presumably intended to help the story make a little more sense, but I have a hard time believing that will happen, or is even possible.

The Hard Reset Extended Edition is currently slated to come out in March, exclusively for the PC.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
No word yet on how those of us who bought the original game aren't getting shafted. Don't make me regret that purchase you dogs.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i also like to know how it is for us who got the game since day 1. will it be automatically installed like valve with L4D or do we have to buy it again?? im sure not spending any more money on it just to have these extra content.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I hope there is also an expansion because I'm no buying it again, I would actually wish they went and made the next version instead because there are some quite big issues to rethink in this game.

They have a solid concept but there is still a long way to go before I put them up no that legendary pedestal with the likes of Painkiller and Serious Sam.