New Beat'em up game: Mayhem Brawler

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Looks interesting and I am invested. Glad to see more brawlers as always. Suck it anti-brawlers, haters, and "critics/analysists" that claimed brawlers should stay dead or there being no market for them!

I will add more info when they update.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Is it just my imagination or does it look exactly like Streets of Rage 4?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is it just my imagination or does it look exactly like Streets of Rage 4?
I have no idea what you mean...
🤷‍♂️

In all seriousness, I noticed and I do not mind. This is not the first time something has copied the Streets of Rage series. I definitely do not mind a comic book aesthetic. Even with that in mind, it's clearly still doing its own thing gameplay wise. Similarities aside. Wait and see.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Game is out now. I nearly forgot about it. I'll probably pick it up later.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
It mostly looks like a reskin of SoR4, and that's not at all a bad thing. Still, the lack of level select is a bummer, and at least right now only having 3 character isn't making it a "Shut up and take my money" thing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It mostly looks like a reskin of SoR4, and that's not at all a bad thing. Still, the lack of level select is a bummer, and at least right now only having 3 character isn't making it a "Shut up and take my money" thing.
The whole enemies regenerate health when getting back up from off the ground in later levels is a major turn off too. Who programs that in? It's what stopped me from doing a day one buy.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
The whole enemies regenerate health when getting back up from off the ground in later levels is a major turn off too. Who programs that in? It's what stopped me from doing a day one buy.
It'd be understandable if that was limited to a boss or a infrequent enemy that shows up by him/herself, but it sounds like it's frequent or involves whole mobs...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It'd be understandable if that was limited to a boss or a infrequent enemy that shows up by him/herself, but it sounds like it's frequent or involves whole mobs...
A boss is one thing, an infrequent enemy is annoying and something I would rarely approve of, and video mentions it gets more frequent in the mid to late game. If that's the case, then the mechanic is just senseless padding and drags the game longer than it should. There is a big reason why a majority of brawlers never do this.