New Bionic Leg Predicts Your Every Move

Telasro

Apr 29, 2010
You know, I was with you right up until the point where you said it didn't have LRM-20s, then it just didn't seem worth it...

jk of course, this is pretty cool

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This is awesome. I am looking forward to cybernetic prosthetics in the near future!

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
No Skynet references? Not even a remark about "smart" robotic legs being creepy? Referring to AI and robotics research as "helpful"?

Change your passwords, I think the Escapist has just been hacked by scientists. That or Mr. Cavelli is now a brain in a jar. Or a zombie. Or a slave to robots. Perhaps all three.

OT: Hooray for the future! With the recent advancements in regrowing organs, spray-on skin, and computerized prosthetics, I'm excited to see what the next decade will bring. Wonder when replacement spinal columns will become available.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Want the matching hand? Go to http://www.touchbionics.com/ . They even have developed a skin effect that gets a suntan.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
I think Human Revolution may be the most accurate Sci-Fi ever.
I just hope it won't be accurate in terms of fashion.

Anyway, cool development, could really help amputees. In 16 years? We might be a lot closer to Deus Ex than we think.
albino boo said:
They even have developed a skin effect that gets a suntan.
Fuck that, if I ever need one of those, I'm going for the chrome effect, or better yet; brushed steel. None of that inferior human flesh look! Beautifully engraved like that Sarif dude would be cool too.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
stop reminding me that mechwarrior isn't out yet.. GRR

also, cool leg hope he has fun with it

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
I think Human Revolution may be the most accurate Sci-Fi ever.
Except for the drug dependence thing...Hopefully =/

OT: We all know what this means. We have people to fight against Skynet :D

Imagine all the shit Sarah Connor could of done with bionic limbs.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
Palademon said:
believer258 said:
edy131 said:
That thing will cost an arm and a leg
If I wasn't thinking of Full Metal Alchemist before, I sure as hell am now. Badass mechanical arms FTW!

That is exactly what I was thinking.
I was under the assumption that his leg was taken with the creation of the body of what is presumed is his mother and he used his arm to bind Al's soul to the armor...So only an arm. Not a leg.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As expected, the dramatic sounding title bears little connection to the truth. You can't pretend that "predicts your every move", is the same as "is only a split second behind, and can recognise and compensate for stumbling".

Is there a rule that the title of a technology based news article on the escapist has to be an exciting sounding fabrication?

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Rem45 said:
Palademon said:
believer258 said:
edy131 said:
If I wasn't thinking of Full Metal Alchemist before, I sure as hell am now. Badass mechanical arms FTW!

That is exactly what I was thinking.
I was under the assumption that his leg was taken with the creation of the body of what is presumed is his mother and he used his arm to bind Al's soul to the armor...So only an arm. Not a leg.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)
You are correct, sir.
It works best with people who only understand the main concept, or have at least not gotten far enough into the series to know that they had distinct causes.

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
edy131 said:
*hands over black sunglasses* here you go sir I saw the you drop these on the way to this forum and I thought you could use them.

OT: This will be awesome

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Predicting my every move is cool and all, but can it predict the winner of the next presidential election?