New BioShock 2 DLC Coming on Thursday - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New BioShock 2 DLC Coming on Thursday - UPDATED

A second batch of multiplayer DLC for BioShock 2 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73955] will apparently be released this Thursday.

The new Rapture Metro Pack will include six new multiplayer maps based on BioShock 2 levels like Dionysys Park, Siren Alley and Pauper's Drop, along with two masks, three new Achievements/Trophies and a new game mode called "Kill 'Em Kindly," which restricts players to melee weapons only. According to reports, the "Kill 'Em Kindly" mode will be available to everyone, even players who don't purchase the DLC.

The multiplayer level has reportedly been raised for the new DLC as well, although there's a bit of confusion on that point as some sources are saying it will actually remain at level 50, the cap set in the first BioShock 2 DLC. The new pack will also include a "Rebirth" option, which according to PS3Trophies.org [http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-496-DLC-Added--Bioshock-2.html] is the BioShock equivalent of "prestiging."

The odd thing about all this is that although reports of the new DLC have popped up on sites including 2K Games [http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/04/25/show-358-left4dead-s-the-passing-bioshock-2-mp-dlc-and-split-second.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MajorNelson+%28Major+Nelson+%28Xbox%29%29]. With the DLC set to launch in two days, you'd think somebody over there would be making some noise about it. We've sent over an inquiry/wake-up call and will update if we hear back.

UPDATE: Although initial reports had the Rapture Metro Pack coming out on Thursday, 2K Games has now confirmed that the DLC update won't be coming out quite that soon.

"The Rapture Metro Pack is coming soon for Xbox 360, PS3, and Games for Windows Live for 800 MS Point or $9.99," Community Rep Elizabeth Tobey wrote on the Cult of Rapture [http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/metropack]. "Stay tuned for more details on the exact release date of the content (and other fun tidbits we will have in store for you!)"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, thats cool...I do like the Multiplayer however not really experienced it all.

Will like the Siren Alley map though I imagine

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I was really hoping to see some Single Player DLC. I recall reading that they planed to release some. I did the MP just to get all the achievements. I don't have a lot of friends on XBL or PSN so I end up with random trash talkers or people who just wanted to 'boost'.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Ouggh, when will the single player DLC come? I didn't enjoy the multi player very much but loved single player.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
I bought bioshock 2 on its release and still havent played the multiplayer. Maybe I should try it before I get swamped by DLC

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
this multiplayer is killing our single player dlc .....

I Want New Plasmids Dammit =/.

C0nn0r666

Oct 19, 2008
man i was hoping for some single player DLC i haven't played the multiplayer since i got all the achievements.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I wasn't interested in the last one and I'm not interested in this one. While the additions of new maps are nice I don't want more achievements/masks/stuff that means absolutely nothing to the gameplay. Seriously is someone running up their bosses desk and saying "our players are demanding more masks and weapon skins!" ?

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
The multiplayer in the game was actually pretty fun but I just don't see myself spending endless hours on it. Unlike Team Fortress 2 or a Battlefield game, after awhile I just stop so I doubt I'll be into this. Sidenote: the community manager managed is cuuuuute.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
That Kill 'Em Kindly thing sounds amazing! It's good to know we'll all get ahold of it even if we don't have the pack. And this rebirth option sounds intriguing; I just hope they manage it as well as CoD did.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
Hang on a second, did anybody notice that while you are watching the inspiration video that there were some locations that did not look familiar, specificly fifty one seconds in? And I know it looks like Atlantic Express but I also heard a Little Sister yelling in the background, and as anyone who played the game will know there are no adoptable Little Sisters in AE. Check it out and get back to me.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Did anyone buy the last one, i mean Bioshock online is great but i didn't play it that much to warrent a DLC