New BioShock Infinite Trailer Makes a Deal With the Devil

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Ohhh man, it's really going to suck when I'm in that period when the game is finally out but my computer's too shitty to run it, so I end up having to avoid anything anybody ever says about it so I don't get spoilers.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Kinda cheesy, especially the narration. That's just the trailer though, who knows what the game'll be like. Definitely waiting until it gets reviewed.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zombie Sodomy said:
Do i need to have played the other BioShock games to get the story?
No, not at all.

Infinite isn't a direct sequel. The story is unrelated and the setting is unconnected. Different continuity altogether.

There are some thematic simularities and the gameplay will presumably be similar. Also, from what I've seen, there are a few nods to the previous game.

That said, I would recommend playing the other Bioshocks for their own sake. The first one is great and the second is pretty damn good.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I really hope this game is every bit as awesome as it looks. Elizabeth is looking like an excellent character and I'm glad to hear the player character has a voice and personality. This is one of the few games in a long time that I was looking forward to, the other being Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I'll wait for the reviews to come out on this one too.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
I really REALLY hope that I'm going to be able to enjoy Bioshock: Infinite. Honestly, I understand why the original Bioshock received as much acclaim as it did, but from a purely mechanical standpoint... I couldn't get into it. I don't know why, but right from the start it just felt wrong for some reason. Loved the setting, loved the story, just couldn't get into the gameplay.

From footage I've watched, Infinite seems to have a different feel to the gameplay though, so hopefully I'll like it much better than the original Bioshock.

Especially since I'm getting it free with my new 7950... >.> :D

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I know you are all excited for this game. However, you must realize that irrational games has filmed their trailers and demos with a completely different game engine. I have obtained actual gameplay footage from the product that will ship on 26 march.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
That's it I'm buying this game now. I already had my interest piqued when I heard it was based around America in the early 1900s--what with all the Xenophobia and Isolationism--which is probably my favorite era in American history to study.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
They're luring me with nice guitar riffs and anti-theocratic sentiments.
I'm still very curious what Elizabeth's reality altering powers are all about. Also... did she just smash a statue in the crotch with a lead pipe...?

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
*seizure*
I want this so hard right now!
By the way, does anyone know the name of the first song used in the trailer? I know the 2nd is Save My Soul by Blues Saraceno already, but there's light guitar riffs near the beginning of the trailer that sounds really good. I'd kill to have the name of the song. Please?
EDIT: Also, I want to go play Bastion after listening to the music of this trailer. xD

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
The protagonist seems to be talking... a lot. Yeah, Bethesda should looking into that lest they appear to be relying on dialogue for the story.

It's not that I don't like the talky talky, but it inherently yanks audience participation away from the player and gives it to voice actor Mc'LineReader. Much appreciated for interactive books like JRPGs, but less so for the first-person stuff.

Also, this trailer makes me want to go watch other, better, trailers. I want to play this game for the Bioshock feel... in a floating city! I agree with Smilo, this was just too much like a movie trailer, and I don't feel enthused when they have to take the time to sell the characters to me. I'm supposed to get the feel of everyone though game-play. Oh hey, another reason why talking can piss right off, I'm developing the character's style through the way I deal with crap and then it's all changed when they spout lines.

jcfrommars9

Feb 22, 2013
I personally couldn't mind less. I played the first two Bioshock games with a non-talking Jack and a non-talking Big Daddy. Great games in my opinion, but for a change, I want to hear the character's unique perspective. I want to know what his reaction is when he sees these "heavy hitters". But for the most part, I welcome that they're trying something different from the first Bioshock. Bioshock 2 ended any interest I had in another Bioshock game taking place in Rapture.