New Bungie MMO

Michael Brunson

Jun 4, 2011
So I stumbled upon this little article that got me excited. They say it's unconfirmed though but it would be pretty sweet to see a steampunk MMO.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713609/bungie-developing-a-steampunk-game/

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
I'm not to particularly interested in MMOs (although they are a cool concept), but I love Bungie, so I might even be willing to give it a try. GOOD LUCK BUNGIE XD

Plus, everything about steampunk just screams awesome, so this could actually turn out really well.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I was so ready for "Halo Online" but... Steampunk? That's one genre and style that's always interested me so I might actually be able to give a shit about this game.

Best of luck to Bungie, hope it works out for them. If it works well I might be able to forgive them for Halo.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
I was so ready for "Halo Online" but... Steampunk? That's one genre and style that's always interested me so I might actually be able to give a shit about this game.

Best of luck to Bungie, hope it works out for them. If it works well I might be able to forgive them for Halo.
Well of course Bungie no longer has the rights to make Halo games, so the only way this would happen is if 343 Industries make a Halo MMO.

And for the record, I love Halo.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
ScoopMeister said:
ReservoirAngel said:

Well of course Bungie no longer has the rights to make Halo games, so the only way this would happen is if 343 Industries make a Halo MMO.

I thought Bungie still had the rights to Halo games. Where did 343 Industries come from? So confused...

and for the record, I kinda love Halo too. But unfortunately, with its rise to popularity it brought with it irritating fanboys and bland space marine shooters by the tanker truck full. That's what I meant for 'forgiving Halo'. Love the games, dislike what they brought with them as a result.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
ScoopMeister said:
ReservoirAngel said:

I thought Bungie still had the rights to Halo games. Where did 343 Industries come from? So confused...

and for the record, I kinda love Halo too. But unfortunately, with its rise to popularity it brought with it irritating fanboys and bland space marine shooters by the tanker truck full. That's what I meant for 'forgiving Halo'. Love the games, dislike what they brought with them as a result.
Microsoft owns Halo. Bungie is no longer under Microsoft.

343 Industries is the new studio that was set up to work exclusively on future Halo games.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:

Oh. Well I'm glad you love Halo too. Sorry about the misunderstanding. And yes, Bungie is now independent of Microsoft, who used to own them. Bungie created Halo, but Microsoft owns it. Since they have split, Bungie can no longer create Halo games. Instead, 343i was created to continue the franchise.
mikozero said:
so eh how exactly do i type the "Oooooooooooooohhhhhh" noise i'm making at the moment ?

:p
I think we'll just settle with 'oooooooooooohhhhh.'

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
bungie will make it very well written and designed, but activision will charge the hell out of it.

i might get it depending on price

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Just pointing it out there, there is no indication that this Steampunk IP will be an MMO in that article.

There is speculation/wet dreaming about if it is related to Blizzard's new MMO IP "Titan" (the whole Bungie MMO rumor started when Blizzard said they would love to work with/help Bungie if they ever moved into MMO development).

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Xzi said:
bob1052 said:
Just pointing it out there, there is no indication that this Steampunk IP will be an MMO in that article.

There is speculation/wet dreaming about if it is related to Blizzard's new MMO IP "Titan" (the whole Bungie MMO rumor started when Blizzard said they would love to work with/help Bungie if they ever moved into MMO development).
Titan was confirmed to be a new IP for Blizzard some time ago, though, so it's very possible.
But whether or not Bungie and their new steampunk IP is involved is completely unknown. The author of the article wrote (in a way that seems more like fantasizing rather than actual speculation to me) a "wouldn't it be awesome if" linking Titan to this, on the surface, completely unrelated bit of news.

From the article said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if Bungie was working with Blizzard Entertainment on a new steampunk IP? Could Titan, Blizzard's new massively multiplayer online roleplay game be a steampunk inspired action MMO? One can dream.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
First thought: Bungie haz new game? YAY!

Second thought: This is going to have Activision's fat, grubby mitts all over it isn't it? BOO!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Steampunk? MMO? Bungie?

This intrigues me greatly. I'll be keeping my pulsating red eye on this.