Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not the *fun* Contras >_>

Anyway, i feel like echoing Pat on those rare occasions where he's not wrong:
Activision must really think people are that stupid to believe them? Try saying all that shit is fictional to people that live through the Cold War. All those people are still alive. Activision, who the fuck are you even trying to please at this point?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Replied in pm.
I really do not feel comfortable continuing a discussion like this in PM's. I would rather keep my PM's centered around positive conversations about less serious things. If we get into a heated argument in PM's then there's no third party to help diffuse it and there's no easy way for either of us to break off the conversation if one of us no longer wishes to continue it. I also feel like a discussion about a topic like that should be seen by everyone else so that whatever conclusions or lack thereof we reach is known publicly for future reference. We could try continuing it here or we could make a new thread just debating the topic or we could call off the discussion and bring up the points we have later when the topic inevitably comes up again.

But I really would not like to do this in PM's.

Reactions: MrCalavera

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Activision must really think people are that stupid to believe them? Try saying all that shit is fictional to people that live through the Cold War. All those people are still alive. Activision, who the fuck are you even trying to please at this point?
I mean, Ubisoft's new mobile game went with "in a world plagued by instability and inequality, a new global organization is uniting people worldwide regardless of race, nationality, and creed and is willing to fight to make things better. You're in charge of an elite multinational governmental operation to use secret agents and cartel members to stop those bastards by any means necessary" and though it would fly.

They don't have a terribly high opinion of us, no.

Reactions: BrawlMan

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I really do not feel comfortable continuing a discussion like this in PM's. I would rather keep my PM's centered around positive conversations about less serious things. If we get into a heated argument in PM's then there's no third party to help diffuse it and there's no easy way for either of us to break off the conversation if one of us no longer wishes to continue it. I also feel like a discussion about a topic like that should be seen by everyone else so that whatever conclusions or lack thereof we reach is known publicly for future reference. We could try continuing it here or we could make a new thread just debating the topic or we could call off the discussion and bring up the points we have later when the topic inevitably comes up again.

But I really would not like to do this in PM's.
Fair enough. If you feel like that, i'll drop it.
Just thought the way it was heading, this convo didn't belong into Video Games subforum anymore.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Fair enough. If you feel like that, i'll drop it.
Just thought the way it was heading, this convo didn't belong into Video Games subforum anymore.
Thank you. It feels almost uh, two-faced of me to be the one to ask this since I am the instigator here so I thank you for that. When this topic comes up again in current events again then we can discuss it again.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I mean, Ubisoft's new mobile game went with "in a world plagued by instability and inequality, a new global organization is uniting people worldwide regardless of race, nationality, and creed and is willing to fight to make things better. You're in charge of an elite multinational governmental operation to use secret agents and cartel members to stop those bastards by any means necessary" and though it would fly.

They don't have a terribly high opinion of us, no.
Well, the entire DIvision series is based around working for a Top Secret Military unit(and since the government has collapsed presumably accountable to noone) that activates during a pandemic to shoot Looters. But that's NOT POLITICAL either.

And certainty not awkward at all, considering what's been happening in 2020.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, the entire DIvision series is based around working for a Top Secret Military unit(and since the government has collapsed presumably accountable to noone) that activates during a pandemic to shoot Looters. But that's NOT POLITICAL either.

And certainty not awkward at all, considering what's been happening in 2020.
In relation to that...

Thank you both for that info.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

My CoD buddies sent me this. It looks rough. I know its an alpha, but compared to what I've seen of Modern Warfare, this game just looks ugly in that classic Treyarch style.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

My CoD buddies sent me this. It looks rough. I know its an alpha, but compared to what I've seen of Modern Warfare, this game just looks ugly in that classic Treyarch style.
Oh boy, I love how the main mode of movement seems to be throwing yourself around into slides all over the place. That looks awful.