New Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer: Only the Adaptable Survive

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
45,698
0
0
New Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer: Only the Adaptable Survive

The short but sweet new trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Pc/dp/B004EIOH80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313439291&sr=8-2] shows off the importance of adaptation and a snippet of "My World," a song written exclusively for the game by the group Transmission.

I'd never before heard of Transmission but after Asia [http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deus-ex-human-revolution/video/6328967/deus-ex-human-revolution-my-world-trailer] - but the song is pretty catchy, in a slow, dreamy kind of way, and it sets the mood in this rather unusual bit of videogame advertising very nicely indeed.

The trailer is brief but intense and although it doesn't show off anything new in the way of gameplay or cinematics, I really don't think there's much left for the marketing team to do at this point but remind people now and then of the release date - which by the way is next freakin' week. Then again, maybe that's just the fanboy in me talking. Deus Ex: Human Revolution hits on August 23 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.


Permalink
 

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
13,768
0
0
Hm. Catchy.

Now shut up and take my mon...oh wait, I already gave it to them.

...

Shut up and give me my game!
 

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
819
0
0
The "Purity First" spot for Deus Ex is some of the best marketing i have EVER seen in any game.
 

NathLines

New member
May 23, 2010
689
0
0
Well, that was pretty damn short.

In other news, I saw that I could get the game cheap from GAME so I caved in and bought it Y___Y
 

lastwanderer

Cyber Agent
Jan 29, 2011
39
0
0
well thanks for the wiki link to a band with some good albums i always like to find new indie music; but the link is wrong the band is a newly formed one called TRANSMISSIONS not transmission

http://www.deusex.com/news/My-World-Transmission
 

StriderShinryu

New member
Dec 8, 2009
4,987
0
0
Why the heck hasn't a purchasable soundtrack for this game been announced yet?!?!?!?! ... Agem.

Looks good to me.
 

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
2,755
0
0
Damn it still a week and half till release, and now your teasing me with another trailer with a song made by a former member of The Verve. Do want! And now also want official soundtrack. Shut up and take more of my money!
 

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
980
0
0
That seems to be an awesome song that i will happly listen to. Very much in keeping with the series stile
 

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
14,986
796
118
Eh...another very generic trailer, providing almost no information about the actual game other than its existence.
 

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
956
0
0
The original trailer is 100x better..

Granted this is a 30 second TV spot, and the original is a full-length trailer.. but still. Neither the song nor the "action-only" TV spot resemble what the game is really about. The political intrigue, conspiracies, and atmosphere are the strong points in this game, and they showed nothing really. The TV spot was just a "cool looking guy kicking ass", or TV as usual.

Edit: I saw a different cut that was all about Jensen killing bad guys. This was a little more interesting. I assumed it was the same.
 

Tdc2182

New member
May 21, 2009
3,623
0
0
Call me insane, but I have a feeling this may actually be a pretty decent game.

I haven't played the original, so here's hoping that I won't be disappointed.
thaluikhain said:
Eh...another very generic trailer, providing almost no information about the actual game other than its existence.
It's a TV spot. There isn't much they can do in terms of gameplay that wouldn't be misleading that would actually get people to want this game.

From what I understand, it's slow paced no matter how you play.
 

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
14,986
796
118
Tdc2182 said:
It's a TV spot. There isn't much they can do in terms of gameplay that wouldn't be misleading that would actually get people to want this game.
They could have explained something about the story, or at least indicated the genre.
 

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
4,950
2
43
Darwin was fucking right, alright. Nine days to go.

Why is time so cruel to me?!
 

Tdc2182

New member
May 21, 2009
3,623
0
0
thaluikhain said:
Tdc2182 said:
It's a TV spot. There isn't much they can do in terms of gameplay that wouldn't be misleading that would actually get people to want this game.
They could have explained something about the story, or at least indicated the genre.
Let's hope them not talking about the story means it's a good one.
 

GiantRaven

New member
Dec 5, 2010
2,423
0
0
StriderShinryu said:
Why the heck hasn't a purchasable soundtrack for this game been announced yet?!?!?!?! ... Agem.

Looks good to me.
The soundtrack comes with the augmented edition.
 

StriderShinryu

New member
Dec 8, 2009
4,987
0
0
GiantRaven said:
StriderShinryu said:
Why the heck hasn't a purchasable soundtrack for this game been announced yet?!?!?!?! ... Agem.

Looks good to me.
The soundtrack comes with the augmented edition.
Oh? I thought that might be the case but I've never seen it listed as such anywhere. Everywhere I look says it comes with a "bonus DVD" with unspecified contents and no mention of a soundtrack at all. Not that I doubt you (in fact, I hope you're right) but do you happen to have a link a confirmation of that?
 

GiantRaven

New member
Dec 5, 2010
2,423
0
0
StriderShinryu said:
GiantRaven said:
Oh? I thought that might be the case but I've never seen it listed as such anywhere. Everywhere I look says it comes with a "bonus DVD" with unspecified contents and no mention of a soundtrack at all. Not that I doubt you (in fact, I hope you're right) but do you happen to have a link a confirmation of that?
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Shooter-First-Person/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Edition-with-Preorder-BONUS-DC-Comic/~r352991/?s=Human+revolution+augmented+

It sounds like the soundtrack is a part of the bonus DVD, rather than a CD, which is a bit of a shame.