New Device Allows Dogs to Use Twitter

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think we have a new runner up for the position of "dumbest thing I have ever seen".

Edit:
Donnyp said:
anyone who buys this need to have their dogs put down.
Wait, why should we put their dogs down?? The dogs don't deserve that, we should put the people who bought the damn thing down instead.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
New Device Allows Dogs to Use Twitter

One of Mattel's latest toys will elevate tweeting to a level of uselessness not seen before.

A new toy developed by Mattel called "Puppy Tweets" is designed to relate a dog's daily experiences on Twitter. Simply sign the dog up for a Twitter account with a clever name of some sort (bonus points for "bark" or "arf" in the name) and place the device around the dog's neck. It comes in pink or blue for a very reasonable $30.

Puppy Tweets works by fusing directly to your pet's brain through a painful surgical procedure and cannot be removed once attached without killing the animal. Just kidding: it uses a variety of motion and sound sensors. If it were to detect, say, lots of annoying barking, it would tweet something clever like "Barking is the spice of life," or something similarly cringe-worthy.

The Puppy Tweets collar sends a wireless signal to a USB adapter that must be plugged into a computer whose power lever is pulled into the "on" position. The device comes loaded with over 500 different tweets it can annoy the internet with, and even more are planned as DLC. The tweets will likely cover acts such as defecation, urination, playing in the snow, licking parts of an animal's own reproductive system, drinking water, licking parts of another animal's reproductive system, taking a nap, eating feces, running, and eventually death. Sorry, but everything dies, even if it's wearing Puppy Tweets. Happy Valentine's Day.

(Via: Engadget [http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/13/puppy-tweets-will-turn-your-pooper-into-a-world-class-twitterer/])

It's official: Toy companies have gone off their rockers. A toy for dogs to use twitter. And not just to help use understand them. It puts out cute *bleagh* sayings. Why would people want, let alone need, something like this?!

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Wow...I mean...Wow. There has to be some kind of award for making something this stupid. It's like they took two of the three things that I hate most (puppies and twitter) and meshed them together in a surgically-aimed strike against people with my brain makeup. I can only assume that this is yet another satanic attempt to convert the remaining individualistic masses into mindless spedbots...mark my words, Bobby Kotick will have something to do with this before long.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
Isn't as shiny as the Escapist one.
My Escapist thing lets me bark on Escapist.
Master was really, really, really, really, cool and let me use it.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
my dog sleeps all day
yes she is pretty lazy

and this is pretty stupid i don't even have a twitter account why should my dog have one?

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
oh you've got to be kidding me, Twitter is already at the Adam Chandler level of stupidity, this thing pushes it into GWB territory.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
What's a dog gonna tweet? "I'm gonna poop in his shoes for making me wear this stupid thing."