New Dishonored 2 Trailer Focuses on the Mysteries of Karnaca

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Dishonored 2 Trailer Focuses on the Mysteries of Karnaca

The newest Dishonored 2 trailer focuses on the game's setting and story, presented in a cool pop-up book style.

Dishonored 2 is launching next week, and Bethesda is still rolling out more info about the game. Today, it's a new trailer that gives a little deeper look into the setting and story of the upcoming title.

Rather than use gameplay footage, the trailer presents the story information in pop-up book form, filled with the game's characters moving about. The narration tells the tale, saying, "In Karnaca, there is always a choice: mercy or revenge. Savior or assassin. What would you give up to take back what's yours?"

Dishonored 2 is launching November 11 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Those who pre-order can play the game a day early, and also receive a free copy of Dishonored: Definitive Edition.

[gallery=6599]

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I only follow the marketing material of this game partially... regrettable that some fanfic writing level apparently made it to the finally cut.
Corvo being the father of Emily... what nonsense.

Aside from this trainwreck of a relationship the voice of the narrator sounds like... a metrosexual emo guy trying too hard to sound edgy and intimidating.

Having said that, interesting visualization.
Looking forward to the new powers of Emily.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
Nonsense? It's so heavily implied in the first game, they might as well have shown the conception as it took place.

As for the trailer's matter of how far one is willing to go; Supposedly the game does let you tell the outsider to stuff it, but I can't exactly see myself trying to make it through the game without the unfair advantage of ability to blink or see through walls. :p

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Ishigami said:
I only follow the marketing material of this game partially... regrettable that some fanfic writing level apparently made it to the finally cut.
Corvo being the father of Emily... what nonsense.
This was all but confirmed in the first game itself in one of the journals in the pacifist ending. It made it into the first game.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
Ryallen said:
This was all but confirmed in the first game itself in one of the journals in the pacifist ending. It made it into the first game.
Not to mention the picture Emily draws in that version - it's a giant picture of Corvo's face with the word 'DADDY' in giant letters above it. Doesn't get more obvious than that. Biological or not, she sees him as her father. (Also, her mother never married, had a kid, and Corvo was around all the time - it's not exactly calculus, is it.) :)