New Doctor Who Trailer Promises Answers and Disaster

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Doctor Who Trailer Promises Answers and Disaster

Quips, monsters, and falls from grace all have a spot in the sixth season of Doctor Who.

Even after hundreds of episodes, The Doctor - the almost titular star of the BBC sci-fi show, Doctor Who - still manages to keep a few secrets for himself. The upcoming sixth season, which is to say, the sixth after the show was brought back in 2005, promises to shed a bit of light on at least one of those secrets, although the price of knowledge might be steeper than anyone imagined.

The trailer lasts just sixty seconds, but crams in deserts, ghosts, a creepy puppet, and even creepier clown, gunfights and a giant pig monster in a hotel corridor. It also says that we will learn the identity of the mysterious River Song, someone who knows The Doctor very, very well, but thanks to the quirks of time travel, someone that he barely knows at all. It doesn't look like this information is going to come cheaply however; in fact, it sounds quite the opposite. "This is The Doctor's darkest hour," says Song, played by British actor Alex Kingston, "he'll rise higher than ever before, and then fall so much farther." She then adds, "This is the day he finds out who I am."

In the previous series, Song says that she once killed the best man she ever knew, with the implication that she meant The Doctor. Whether this is true and comes to pass in this series - and I hope not, because Matt Smith makes an amazing Doctor - or if it refers to someone else entirely, remains to be seen. Of course, thanks to the quirks of time travel, she could have killed a future incarnation of The Doctor, one that he hasn't been yet.

Doctor Who season six starts on April 23rd.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/#!5787277/first-full+length-trailer-for-doctor-who-season-six]

standokan

May 28, 2009
I´ve been wanting to start on dr.Who for a time now but I´ve got no idea where to begin.

QueenWren

Apr 7, 2010
YAY We may finally find an end to the is Amy River debate (or not it is Stephen Moffat)

This will be AWESOME

Jul 22, 2009
I hope the writers are better this time round... last series got a bit too 'power of love' for my liking...

Also I'm kind of getting tired of every other episode being the doctor facing the biggest threat in existence... and the Daleks pulling a Houdini every 5 minutes.

Still I'll probably enjoy this series regardless.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
No mention of Neil Gaiman writing episode 4? I am disappoint.

Also, he's killed all the Time Lords. All of them. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/MemeticMutation/Homestuck]

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
F**K those children puppet monsters nearly made me have a heart attack........ i think we just found the new DW scariest monster {which was originally the angels}.

Aeryn Seoung

Aug 21, 2009
I'm just glad we'll probably get to see River Song for more then an episode at a time. Alex Kingston is <3

GamesB2 said:
Also I'm kind of getting tired of every other episode being the doctor facing the biggest threat in existence... and the Daleks pulling a Houdini every 5 minutes.
Man, I totally have to agree with this. It's always THEWORLDISENDINGOMFG and then it turns out to not be a big deal at all and then everyone is happy and the doctor goes back to being lonely (which we genuinly beleive for about 5 minutes) and then the assistant comes back/he gets a new one and we're all left thinking the same thing.

"That was awesome, but I feel so, so cheated."