New Documentary - Tracking Down the Origin of Wuhan Coronavirus

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Has some heavy sociopolitical overtones, but is pretty eye opening regardless. Really puts a new perspective on things and spurs empathy for most of these people as being cruelly victimized is a way of life we don’t really experience much in other parts of the world.

*edit*. Apparently there are factual errors in it; likely within the most controversial parts, so best to use one’s own judgment and take with a decent size grain of salt.

Last edited:

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
That documentary title is pretty off putting in the apparent stance it takes if it's supposed to be a documentary

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That documentary title is pretty off putting in the apparent stance it takes if it's supposed to be a documentary
Does give the impression of being one of those conspiracy nutjob pieces.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
As the world is gripped by the ongoing pandemic, many questions remain about the origin of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus—commonly known as the novel coronavirus. Join Epoch Times senior investigative reporter Joshua Philipp as he explores the known facts surrounding the CCP virus and the global pandemic it caused. In his investigation, Philipp explores the scientific data, and interviews top scientists and national security experts. And while the mystery surrounding the virus's origin remains, much is learned about the CCP's cover-up that led to the pandemic and the threat it poses to the world.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
As the world is gripped by the ongoing pandemic, many questions remain about the origin of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus—commonly known as the novel coronavirus. Join Epoch Times senior investigative reporter Joshua Philipp as he explores the known facts surrounding the CCP virus and the global pandemic it caused. In his investigation, Philipp explores the scientific data, and interviews top scientists and national security experts. And while the mystery surrounding the virus's origin remains, much is learned about the CCP's cover-up that led to the pandemic and the threat it poses to the world.
Considering that the epoch times is one of those sources that is known to exaggerate at best and have their lips firmly wrapped around trumps shaft, I'm going to take anything from them with a grain of salt. Although, they have done decent reporting reguarding china before, but they are also very anti-china so I wouldn't take much of what they say as the truth.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Considering that the epoch times is one of those sources that is known to exaggerate at best and have their lips firmly wrapped around trumps shaft, I'm going to take anything from them with a grain of salt. Although, they have done decent reporting reguarding china before, but they are also very anti-china so I wouldn't take much of what they say as the truth.
Well apparently it was started by a bunch of Falun Gong Chinese expats, it makes sense they want the Chinese government to look as bad as possible.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well apparently it was started by a bunch of Falun Gong Chinese expats, it makes sense they want the Chinese government to look as bad as possible.
Oh yeah, they have a legit grevance against china, but they are still pretty far right and love trump, so, grain of salt.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Oh yeah, they have a legit grevance against china, but they are still pretty far right and love trump, so, grain of salt.
I have mixed feelings about them and their outlets (like NTD), 'cos while I despise pretty much everything about the CCP, their stance has kind of blinkered them to what their original goals were.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
So Epoch Times is a weird Chinese anti-Chinese government/pro Trump paper?
The Epoch Times is a multi-language newspaper.[2] It was founded in 2000 by John Tang and a group of Chinese Americans associated with the Falun Gong spiritual movement.[3] Though the newspaper is known for general interest topics with a focus on news about China and its human rights issues, it has become known for its support of U.S. President Donald Trump and favorable coverage of far-right politicians in Europe; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[7][12][13]

For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West.[14][15][16] The Epoch Times has print editions in English, Chinese, and six other languages.[17] Fifteen additional languages are published online only. The English edition of The Epoch Times is sold in broadsheet format Monday to Friday in New York City and Washington, D.C., and weekly across the United States and Canada.[17] A typical issue includes news sections, including Nation, World, Business, Opinion, and Commentary, and lifestyle sections, including Travel, Life & Tradition, Mind & Body, Food, and Puzzles.[18]

The Epoch Times has been publishing in Chinese since May 2000. It is either sold or distributed free-of-charge in 35 countries, including various international regional editions. The Epoch Times websites are blocked in mainland China.[19]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I have no love for the CCP. If you opened their closet, no doubt a veritable tsunami of skeletons would gush out, not to mention all their many other less than savory qualities and action. Basically, fuck them. But even a cursory glance at this Epoch Media Group makes them look pretty sketch. Didn't watch the video, but I read the description. I got til "Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus" and stopped taking it seriously.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
China is really sketchy and anyone with any sense is totally not believing for a second their numbers on the virus. The reason Taiwan has been so successful against the virus is because they literally sent their own doctors to see what was going on because they didn't believe China or the WHO. Other countries like India and Australia have news that are pretty much on top of China concerning the virus. There is a lot of information pointing to China doing things, the problem is due to how much China locks down information, you can't quite get 100% confirmation on things. Plus, US news isn't very good at journalism, which anyone can tell from watching just a bit of it. Though even big time outlets like the Washington Posts have done articles about China and the virus.

The question isn't really if China is hiding stuff about the virus, it's how much are they hiding.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I have no love for the CCP. If you opened their closet, no doubt a veritable tsunami of skeletons would gush out, not to mention all their many other less than savory qualities and action. Basically, fuck them. But even a cursory glance at this Epoch Media Group makes them look pretty sketch. Didn't watch the video, but I read the description. I got til "Chinese Communist Party (CCP) virus" and stopped taking it seriously.
Now it is looking more and more likely that the virus escaped a testing lab. Not that it was purposefully leaked, not that they were developing a bio-weapon, but simply they were experimenting with the T-virus in Wuhan and either they sold the bats to wet markets for cash or a bat bit a janitor or something mundane like that.
But that doesn't make it the Chinese Communist Party Virus. That makes it the Dumb Fucks in Wuhan who didn't have proper safety protocols when dealing with a highly contagious virus Virus.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Now it is looking more and more likely that the virus escaped a testing lab. Not that it was purposefully leaked, not that they were developing a bio-weapon, but simply they were experimenting with the T-virus in Wuhan and either they sold the bats to wet markets for cash or a bat bit a janitor or something mundane like that.
But that doesn't make it the Chinese Communist Party Virus. That makes it the Dumb Fucks in Wuhan who didn't have proper safety protocols when dealing with a highly contagious virus Virus.
I feel like I should leave this here.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yeah, I've been seeing most information pointing to that it did come from the lab. It does seem like an accident. However, CCP definitely covered up the severity of it in the beginning. Though I'm not sure if it would've been able to be contained considering how fast it can spread and how the incubation period works.

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
Damn they got a nearly hour long documentary out in a few months, they must have rushed like crazy.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Anyone who knows anything about lab safety and security understands that "virus accidentally got out of the lab" is an almost impossible event and far less likely then "Virus found in bats mutated, then some dude at a wet market didn't exercise hygiene and attracted the virus from a dead bat". The whole idea that a virus would "escape" from a lab is a conspiracy theory put forth by Trump and his ilk to cover up their own disastrous handling of prevention measures in the USA.

That a janitor could just grab a dead bat or that some lab intern could grab a sample and walk out would mean that half a dozen or more security protocols were flagrantly violated. Even the most likely scenario, that someone had a catastrophic hygiene incident and accidentally got contaminated with Covid-19 and somehow walked home without being isolated, requires pretty much everyone in the lab to be a major bozo that got their qualifications in a box of cereals. It would be like a janitor at a military base driving away in a tank or an intern at NASA strolling out with the plans for a next gen interstellar probe.
While I agree with this, what you're referring to is how we expect thing to be done in the US/Europe etc. and this is China we're talking about, so while the handling of the material itself is in all likelihood par for how lab maintenance standards are in the west, disposal is another matter, almost entirely. There's comparatively little we know about the support aspects of how Chinese establishments conduct themselves other than usually being at least a little suspect. I like to believe that the scientists and non-lay personnel who work at these labs etc. are scrupulous people, but there's little to suggest that administrators and executives there/associated with the labs are (generally speaking, I'm sure there is a majority of them who work honestly alongside the non-lay employees, but you never need more than a small handful of corrupt individuals to screw things over). I would not be surprised in the slightest if the company contracted to deal with the waste disposal cut corners like nobody's business to save a pocketful of cash/political brownie points.