New Fallout 4 Update Available on PC, Consoles to Follow

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Fallout 4 Update Available on PC, Consoles to Follow

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/932/932446.png

No more using copper to build wires.

The latest update for Fallout 4 is now available for PC users [https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=020116-Bnet-patch13#en/events/game/fallout-4-1.3-update/2016/02/01/70], with the update expected to release on consoles later this week. Fallout 4 Update 1.3 adds a number of fixes across all platforms, including correcting an issue where your character became dismembered while still alive (ouchie), issues with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor, and - finally - you no longer have to tap into your copper supply in order to build wires. There are some pretty exciting quest fixes, but some of them also contain spoilers, so if you're brave, feel free to scroll down to see them. If I had to choose a favorite part of this update, however, it would be this one: "Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly."

The full Fallout 4 1.3 patch notes are listed below, but be warned: there are some minor spoilers.

New Features
New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+ (PC)
New weapon debris effects (PC NVIDIA cards)
Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode (PC)
Gameplay Fixes
General memory and stability improvements
Improved performance when looking through a scope
Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
MacReady's Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
Robotics expert is now usable in combat
Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
Quest Fixes
Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
Workshop Fixes
Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
Building wires no longer uses up copper
Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
Diamond City house now shows provided power
Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
All that stuff is all very nice, but you know what it doesn't fix?
Mod support. Still have to jump through hoops every single damn time I want to continue my modded save game.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Katherine Kerensky said:
Mod support. Still have to jump through hoops every single damn time I want to continue my modded save game.
I am waiting for them to release the construction set for precisely this reason. I did a mostly unmodded playthrough when it first launched and will wait several months after the kit is out to play a second time. There's quite a lot in this game that needs modding and I know it'll get it eventually. Don't want to completely burn myself out until after the really great mods come out.

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
A lot of these "...fixes," are near identical to what was released in the last patch. :|

I wonder if the Bethesda development team, developed mass senility. Or if they are just trying to fluff up their patch logs with a load of horse shite, to make them look like they have done more than they actually have.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
The only fix I'm not too happy to see is where effects are now properly removed when you take armor and such off of campainions. I liked being able to just dump a bunch of my crap on Curie and continue adventuring instead of having to go back to base every twenty minutes. Now I'll have to wait until they actually bring mods to the console version and hope that increasing companion carry weight is one of the options.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I don't suppose this means that settlements armed up the wazoo will stop demanding that I come in person to defend them?

"Okay, new plan, guys: when raiders attack, go the @#$% inside and let the turrets do the work."

"But what about-"

"Did I stutter?!"

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
i'm using the beta version of this patch for a good week now, and the Added status menu for settlers in your settlements is a time saver. now when you are in workshop mode, each time you point a settler, his job is showned. so you can figure out who's doing what and whois is unemployed very quickly.

but in the beta the brahmins were showing as unemployed, so i hope they fixed that.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Sounds like a lot of overdue fixes, especially on the console front. Shouldn't have taken this long IMHO but what can you do...

You know, besides not supporting the game/not buying the DLC.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I really wonder what kind of DLC they plan to release. I can't say it enough: This is maybe the shortest main Bethesda title I know of, and what quantity there is, quality is far in between.

Might be one of the first moddable RPGs where I seek fan quests on puprouse.

Beside the utter pointless settlements and the UI the main issue for me.

Can't fix that with a patch it seems.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming"
Awwww! This is what Microsoft would call "not a bug, but a feature!".

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Katherine Kerensky said:
What the heck mods are you running? I"m running a few myself and have no problem with my saves.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
GarouxBloodline said:
A lot of these "...fixes," are near identical to what was released in the last patch. :|

I wonder if the Bethesda development team, developed mass senility. Or if they are just trying to fluff up their patch logs with a load of horse shite, to make them look like they have done more than they actually have.
They released this patch in a beta state that you could download early. You're probably remembering that.

OT: As fun as it was to perfect headshot accuracy in VATS, MacReady's perk definitely made combat a little too trivial.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Makabriel said:
What the heck mods are you running? I"m running a few myself and have no problem with my saves.
"re-balance" mods. The kind that make the hardest difficulty mobs about as challenging as the easiest difficulty mods. Things like that I would imagine would cause issues.

Silverbane7

Jul 1, 2012
waiting for the geck, i wouldnt hold my breath.

so far, the patch didnt make a mess of my mods (because i have about 7 of them, and they are all settlement building stuff) but damn if the hard rain is now even comming i through the 2nd story floors now sometimes!
befor this, we used to be able to use the double thickness upper floor to stop rain clipping through into the settlements and for patching the sanctuary roofs.
i wonder if the allmighty Rugs will now be the only way to stop the rain....

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure they actually broke this perk entirely.
Now I'm running into situations where all other body parts are 95% and the head is stuck at 60%.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Silverbane7 said:
i wonder if the allmighty Rugs will now be the only way to stop the rain....
I was always confused as to why the rain went through the roofs. I know they aren't exactly water tight, but still.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
TheSYLOH said:
I'm pretty sure they actually broke this perk entirely.
Now I'm running into situations where all other body parts are 95% and the head is stuck at 60%.
i think this is the "fix" I want the least. It was great having a 95% hit chance on someone at the very limits of VATS' range. Otherwise, headshots just aren't worth going into VATS for.

As for that "repeating minutemen quests", thank god. I was grinding out levels from 60-80 doing minutemen and BOS radiant quests, and while the BOS guys sent me all over, Preston would send me to the same 2 settlements every damn time. That went on for over 20 hours.

2 fixes I really want though:
1. Let me use critical unarmed attacks in power armor, every time my guy just stands there and I waste a vats use.
2. Stop Piper from dying everytime I look at her. Seriously, she randomly just falls to 0 health from picking vegetables all day at Red Rocket.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I'm really looking forward to the stronger settlement/settler organization. Hopefully I can optimize things. Not knowing who was doing what, and why really bothers me.