New Far Cry 3 Trailer is a Stone Trip

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Far Cry 3 Trailer is a Stone Trip

The new Far Cry 3 trailer is a far out, freaky trip, man. [And also extremely violent.]

I'm not sure what to make of the new Far Cry 3 trailer, but I suspect that's the point. It seems to suggest that the apocalyptic levels of mass murder you're going to commit in the game will be fueled at least in part by some naturally occurring hallucinogen; the red ones are apparently pretty good, but I hear the purples will give you a lift on a grey day.

No matter what your preference of color, it looks like you're going to have a pretty wild time on the tropical island of Murdertania, which offers stunning vistas, clear, sparkling waters, unforgettable sunsets, komodo dragons, truckloads of rotting corpses, viciously psychotic henchmen and of course an all-inclusive killing package.

I'm a Far Cry 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-Pc/dp/B0000A1VER/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332354741&sr=8-2] comes out. Which, for the record, will be September 4, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
This game looks better every trailer I see!

I wasn't crazy about FC2 but it had huge potential (minus those darn respawning checkpoints). If they've realized that potential IMO we could be looking at a dark horse for GOTY.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
hopefully Ubi will be able to come up with a better way to protect itself from the evils of piracy by the time Far Cry 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Playstation/dp/B0050SXX88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332354801&sr=8-1] comes out.
For some reason I highly doubt that. I'm with you though in the sense that this game has made me seriously reconsider my anti Ubisoft/DRM stance momentarily. Unfortunately, I'm sticking to it and avoiding this game for the time being. Knowing Ubisoft, it will probably end up sucking anyway(obvious pessimism).

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Far Cry 3 actually looks really awesome now. FC2 was good, but not great; this has a bit more promise, especially if, as they've claimed, the AI isn't as omniscient any more.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I'm a big fan of the first two FCs, but I just can't find myself to be too excited about this.

There have been so many FPS set in jungle environments they feel almost as generic as dragons and wizard style fantasies.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I will say that they are not getting any money from me here. The ending of FC2 wound up irritating me, and a lot of other people as well it seems. It wasn't as big a series/pop culture phenomena as ME3 or FFVII so didn't get the same kind of attention, but was enough where they convinced me this game is not worth an initial purchuse. Maybe, just maybe, if they have a decent ending I'll pick it up at a discount. Of course a lot also depends on DRM.

I'll also say that I think people have an odd idea of "awesome", tripping out on drugs while involved in Gueriella Warfare just seems extremely stupid to me. The only way this idea could be redeemed is if the drugs are actually some kind of combat booster despite the effects, but that doesn't seem to be the case from these shots... as opposed to cyberpunk type combat stims.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
As long as their is a section with a motorbike to ride on I will be happy.
So I can them scream "I DO COCAINE!"

Cookies for who gets that reference.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks really fun, but that`s what I said about the previous trailer, as well. So, yeah. I´m looking forward to this, looks promising.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Whoa.

No, just...whoa.

I've never played any of the Far Cry's, but if the impression I got from this trailer is true (that it's pretty much all the action parts of Commando, except with shrooms), then it's a day 1 buy for me.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
tmande2nd said:
As long as their is a section with a motorbike to ride on I will be happy.
So I can them scream "I DO COCAINE!"

Cookies for who gets that reference.
Dr. Rockso you are back!

This looks amazing! I can't wait to get high as a kite and murder legions of well deserving people!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Why the Inception fog horn?

OT: Looks pretty fun. I'm going to wait to make sure it's not like the second game though.

Badong

May 26, 2010
I just hope they change the human sounds, since they sound... I dunno, generic? I'm pretty damn sure I've heard those sounds before.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
So...from the political awareness and ambiguity of Far Cry 2 to doped up gratification killing?

"Progress"?