New Far Cry 5 trailer showcases the villain.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
stroopwafel said:
It's the 21st century. People were even able to smuggle footage out of Raqqa when islamic state took over and they were actively destroying satellite dishes and tracking whatever low-speed internet it had. They will know. If some individuals with cellphones and laptops can bring things to light certainly it wouldn't be a problem for the modern surveillance state.
Sure, but the difference is that people wanted to tell the world what happened in Raqqa. My entire point is that in a setting like Hope County, MT, the inhabitants are not interested in involving outsiders in their problems. Especially not outsiders that belong to the Federal Authorities. So when everyone has the understanding that no feds are going to come fuck up Hope County, no matter how weird and crazy that preacher is becoming, who is going to alert them?

Xsjadoblayde said:
it's the 21st century here. But when the game is set, is not so certain. They have presented no 21st century technology in available footage so far. Also the story allegedly starts with your character being part of an arrest attempt on the leader that doesn't go to plan, with the locals being coerced or intimidated into silence. The anti-government sentiment from all locals is supposed to play a role in the creation of the setting
Technically, some of the guns shown in the promo material are M4 derivatives that didn't exist prior to 2009 due to the copyright being held by Colt. So going by gun tech alone, we are in the early '10s at the least.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Gethsemani said:
Technically, some of the guns shown in the promo material are M4 derivatives that didn't exist prior to 2009 due to the copyright being held by Colt. So going by gun tech alone, we are in the early '10s at the least.
Oh bugger, I had a feeling it would be the guns that would let me down there. They all look the same to me, as un-PC as that sounds. ;)

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Gethsemani said:
So when everyone has the understanding that no feds are going to come fuck up Hope County, no matter how weird and crazy that preacher is becoming, who is going to alert them?
True, but the problem with that is the same problem I have with conspiracy theories; it presupposes everyone is on the same page and that the organization is extraordinarily disciplined and professional to keep it all under wraps. While ofcourse dissent and incompetence prove otherwise.

aliciacastro75485

Feb 8, 2018
Use several hours of your spare time to acquire extra $1000 on your paypal account each week... Get more details on following site>>>

.......... http://Help80.com

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
After further examination, the trailer to me merely seems to convey a town standing up to a religious cult that infiltrated them. As it stands I think the perceived racial or religious controversy is pretty unfounded and is being emotionally exacerbated. Jesus himself would?ve been against a religious cult, and there were minorities shown fighting it as well. Problem solved.

Also, I didn?t think of it until a friend mentioned, but the leader kinda resembles a more Hollywood version of the Waco guy

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I must say this game is sounding better and better.

I like details that go so far as to model the serial #?s and firing pinheads on bullets, and hope there is a good amount of weapons customization. Plus being able to fly and drive anything, hunt, fish, train animals as allies, etc. As long as it?s released in a functional state I?m in.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
ZombieProof said:
Keep this up and Imma need a cold shower...
Well, you can try it but I don't think a dick like that could possibly get any smaller.
Heh, you should see me get out of a cold pool. It looks like a chocolate egg in a birds nest.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Arnoxthe1 said:
ZombieProof said:
Right? I can't believe folks still attempt to reason with Brain Cell. If he doesn't completely ignore the reasoning itself, the most you could hope for is a response that has nothing to do with your contribution and is even more nonsensical than his original point hahaha.
I don't hold any particular love for B-Cell but I hate gang rapes. Back the hell up, boi.
my dear friend, you may not love me but i still respect you and thanks for backing me cutie pie.

as for game. i already said just like AC, COD, Far cry is also carbon copy of each other in different setting.

sequels are mean to evolved. look at how Half life 2 evolved over original game.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
B-Cell said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
ZombieProof said:
Right? I can't believe folks still attempt to reason with Brain Cell. If he doesn't completely ignore the reasoning itself, the most you could hope for is a response that has nothing to do with your contribution and is even more nonsensical than his original point hahaha.
I don't hold any particular love for B-Cell but I hate gang rapes. Back the hell up, boi.
my dear friend, you may not love me but i still respect you and thanks for backing me cutie pie.

sequels are mean to evolved. look at how Half life 2 evolved over original game.
Don't be flirtin with my booty-muffin brain cell. This burning hunk of love is all mine

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
B-Cell said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
ZombieProof said:

as for game. i already said just like AC, COD, Far cry is also carbon copy of each other in different setting.

I still think Half Life 1 is the better game than 2.

And I am still waiting for Xen.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
B-Cell said:
you may not love me but i still respect you and thanks for backing me cutie pie.
ZombieProof said:
Don't be flirtin with my booty-muffin brain cell. This burning hunk of love is all mine
Ladies, please. Absolutely no need to fight. There's enough me here for everyone.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
B-Cell said:
you may not love me but i still respect you and thanks for backing me cutie pie.
ZombieProof said:
Ladies, please. Absolutely no need to fight. There's enough me here for everyone.
Your avatar makes me think of this Metal Ballad song:

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
CaitSeith said:
Samtemdo8 said:
This game is gonna be controversial with its subject matter I am certain.
For demonizing religious zealotry? I thought the Internet was in favor of that.
The "skeptic" community has a very complicated relationship with this stuff. Seems like a lot of it has been co-opted by people with a severe bone to pick with Islam, feminism or EssJayDubs, which is kind of fucking hilarious. The movement is almost neoconservative at this point.

Anyway, I'll probably get this just on the basis that jimmies were rustled and this seems more...relevant that many other games these days. Kinda getting a bit of a Red State vibe off of it too, which doesn't hurt.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
hanselthecaretaker said:

Oh sweet child. She?s bluffing. There is true warmth there.
Does this look like the face of mercy to you?

#SuperEdgy

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
stroopwafel said:
Gethsemani said:
So when everyone has the understanding that no feds are going to come fuck up Hope County, no matter how weird and crazy that preacher is becoming, who is going to alert them?
True, but the problem with that is the same problem I have with conspiracy theories; it presupposes everyone is on the same page and that the organization is extraordinarily disciplined and professional to keep it all under wraps. While ofcourse dissent and incompetence prove otherwise.
Agree with this. First of all, the idea that EVERYONE in an a county can be on the same page is painting rural America with a very broad stroke. Not everyone is an NRA-card carrying redneck who fears government. They have their share of leftists, even if it's just a rebellious teenager wanting to give his parents the middle finger. And all it takes is one to leak the info.

Also, if this is modern times, everyone in rural America is on Facebook, too, just like the rest of the world, and if something like this is going on, it's on the internet.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
hanselthecaretaker said:

#SuperEdgy

Hey now, no need to blow up all fierce-like. I can see your avatar perfectly fine...unless...oh sure, I see what you were going for there.

But firstly, understand that some of us might find soothing comfort in the cold. I mean, just look at my avatar.

Food for thought: If Caesar were instead stabbed by a thousand icy blades, would he have even felt the pain by the end? Probably not. I?d say that?s a pretty merciful way to go.

Zombie Proof

Nov 28, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
hanselthecaretaker said:

#SuperEdgy
No, but it does look like a mosquito bit her in the middle of her goofy upper lip.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
hanselthecaretaker said:
Hey now, no need to blow up all fierce-like. I can see your avatar perfectly fine...unless...oh sure, I see what you were going for there.

But firstly, understand that some of us might find soothing comfort in the cold. I mean, just look at my avatar.

Food for thought: If Caesar were instead stabbed by a thousand icy blades, would he have even felt the pain by the end? Probably not. I?d say that?s a pretty merciful way to go.
Actually, it's kinda funny that you say that because I recently wrote this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1035391-Very-Short-Story-Queen-of-Ice#24190109]. (Yes, my current avatar was chosen to reflect this theme.)

ZombieProof said:
No, but it does look like a mosquito bit her in the middle of her goofy upper lip.
Pfft. Didn't stop you from salivating over me for a while anyway.