New Fire Emblem Game Coming to 3DS

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
New Fire Emblem Game Coming to 3DS

<youtube=Pz2LJ-4DDWU>​
The team that made Fire Emblem: Awakening is working on the next title in the series.

Nintendo announced in this morning's Nintendo Direct the next Fire Emblem: Awakening [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/fire%20emblem] team, Intelligent Systems, is working on the new game, which does not have a full title yet. Like previous games in the series, it will have tactical, turn-based gameplay.

Yusuke Kozaki, character designer for Awakening, is also working on the new game. Shin Kibayashi, manga storywriter, novelist, and screenwriter, joins the team as writer. Nintendo said the game will feature an entirely new storyline.

Nintendo didn't give details about the game, like when we should expect to see it or any details about characters or story, but the trailer places some emphasis on a blue-haired female character.

Source: Nintendo Direct [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6zgkp1YBRw]

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I am excited for this news but I am sadden that it going to be a year or two for it to be release!

EDIT- Ok watching the teaser trailer, it's interesting that they are using real world setting/ armours for reference since one faction look like feudal Japan and the other medeival/ Roman and having a Dancer as a possible main character?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Woot woot! I love Awakening, such a great game. Can't wait for this next one!

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
HYPE'd for this~
Lord knows I've spent at least 1-2 hundred hours on the last one, so this'll be an easy sell to me.

That said, I have been wondering how they'd continue from Awakening, given how it's main gimmick was basically time travel, which led to a bunch of interesting game-play features (or in some cases, select shipping for maximum Galeforce).

Nazrel

May 16, 2008
Maybe they moved the Fire Emblem x Shin Megami game to the 3DS.

Edit: Ok, based on the trailer above probably not. Why is the forum post different then the article?

Edit 2: Ok, now they're the same.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
If it's not Fire Emblem x SMT, then I am not interested.

That was a lie, I'm incredibly interested. I gotta get my hands on waifu simulator 2016 when it comes out.

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
FU~~~~` Yeah~~~
Finally, been playing Awakening for so long. I already have 3 Waifu and 3 husbando. :p
But it'll probably be 2 years from now, so I'll probably have more spouses at that time.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I'm just glad the next one is confirmed for a system I own. As much as I love FE:A, not terribly interested in buying another handheld this soon.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Well'p, there's another guaranteed purchase for me.
At some point this year the 3DS became the only system I play much any more.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I've seen enough, how soon would you like my money Nintendo?

If it's remotely like any other game in the series, particularly Awakening and based on what little they've shown here, it is, I'm sure I'll enjoy it very much.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
new Fire Emblem means day 1 purchase for me :). I'll miss Lucina but still it's a new Fire Emblem :D

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Looks like they are going for a japanese style thing instead of the usual western setting. Interesting.

Other than that... I hate trailers. This one said nothing of what's going to happen. Oh and damsel in distress, lovely. At least, that's how I interpret one of the scenes in the trailer.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Well now this is a happy surprise. I haven't had much fun with my 3DS but I did sink a absurd number of hours into Awakening, so any sequel is going to be day one purchase.

Alex Baas

Dec 2, 2011
Breaking News: Nintendo likes money and have hatched a plot to get lots more of it.

Nintendo, why you do this to me?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Man, my 3DS just keeps on justifying its purchase. Looking forward to another round of FE. Awakening was pretty damn good and I'm definitely keen for more.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Do you remember Shadow Dragon?

Every game in the series except for Shadow Dragon and we'll be good. Can't believe that Ninty aactually released that dumbed down piece of garbage.
It's not dumbed down so much as it's a solid adaptation of an incredibly dated game. Still not great by modern FE standards though.

OP: I'm pretty excited. Personally I'm hoping for the more streamlined approach they took to the older games (no grinding or world map). It was fine for Awakening, but just makes some of the strategy boring.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
Wondering if this is related to Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei in any way. This seems to be the first Fire Emblem explicitly set in an Eastern setting,

Eclipse Dragon said:
I've seen enough, how soon would you like my money Nintendo?

If it's remotely like any other game in the series, particularly Awakening and based on what little they've shown here, it is, I'm sure I'll enjoy it very much.
Do you remember Shadow Dragon?

Every game in the series except for Shadow Dragon and we'll be good. Can't believe that Ninty aactually released that dumbed down piece of garbage.
I didn't find Shadow Dragon that easy... Or maybe it's just the fact there's so many goddamn characters that I got overwhelmed without knowing which ones were worth it or not. Also there was barely any plot, which was really what pushed me away from it. I wonder if the second DS game is better, but then again, Nintendo never bothered to release in englsh.