New Fortnite Cinematic Shows How you Defend a Burger Joint

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Fortnite Cinematic Shows How you Defend a Burger Joint

The newest cinematic trailer for Fortnite shows how you can fortify your surroundings to take out the game's monsters.

It's been a long time Epic Games unveiled Fortnite - seriously, it was hitting Early Access in July [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114682-Epic-Games-Unveils-Fortnite]. Now, there's a new cinematic trailer for the game straight out of the Rooster Teeth Expo. Take a look:

As you can see in the trailer, you'll need to gather materials, fortify your location, and try to hold out against the monsters that come from the storms. Oh, and you'll also have to try and rescue the people trapped out in the world. I'm not sure I'd want to hold out long-term at a burger joint, but sometimes you get stuck.

Fortnite will be available in paid Early Access on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on July 25. If you pre-order, you'll get a four-day head start on Early Access. You can find more info on that, and all the different editions of the game, over on the official Fortnite website [https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/home].

[gallery=7550]

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
...how the hell did the couple at the end manage to climb up that giant pizza statue? 0_0

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
I got an orcs must die vibe from the video. that's not a bad thing though. I like the art style and epic knows how to make team shooters. I'm optimistic for this

bladestorm91

Mar 18, 2015
It's going to be shit. If this came out a year after Left4Dead 2 then it would have been rated as a great game, but now most people are REALLY tired of zombies and I'm pretty sure they are bored of this kind of hoard mode games.

Also, I don't know about everyone else but I'm REALLY fed up with this low quality Pixar/DreamWorks knockoff cartoon design. The games with this art style are always unfunny trash with shitty jokes and story, floaty movement and unsatisfying weapon everything (design, sounds, impact, etc...). Overwatch is the only one I can stand because its pixar-like cartoon art style is of a much higher quality compared to every other game that mimics it.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
(watches video) THIS LOOKS GREAT!

(check site)

Oh... I'm preordering Early Access, it's full price, crafting and lootbox crap. NOPE!

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Windknight said:
(watches video) THIS LOOKS GREAT!

(check site)

Oh... I'm preordering Early Access, it's full price, crafting and lootbox crap. NOPE!
40? is not fullprice.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Anyone else getting a Sunset Overdrive vibe from this?

I'm cool with that, I like when zombie games are fun and light-hearted, not grim and depressing... but that's just me.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
CrazyGirl17 said:
Anyone else getting a Sunset Overdrive vibe from this?
Let's see...

-Protagonists with "attitude."

-A trademark drink (Sunset) vs. a trademark burger (Fortnite)

-Zombies with a predominantly orange colour scheme, said colour glowing?

Yeah, you're not the only one - Sunset Overdrive was what came to mind immediately when I saw the trailer.