New game releases - Week of December 17, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of December 17, 2017

Another week, another lackluster list of games that are being released. I have heard that Life is Strange: Before the Storm is far better than it had any right to be so I will almost certainly pick up that series once it all comes out. I'm not sure where this Bridge Constructor Portal game came from and is normally a genre I would not care at all but I am slightly intrigued about it if they can keep the normal Portal hilarity going...

<youtube=7IlkDI6lUcw>
[HEADING=3]December 19th[/HEADING]
Shooty Fruity (PS4, PC)
Defunct (PS4, Xbox One)
Accounting+ (PS4)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode 3: Hell is Empty (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Bridge Constructor Portal (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Future War:Reborn (Xbox One)
Raining Blobs (Xbox One)
Brawlout (Switch)
Crawl (Switch)
Dragon Fang Z: The Rose & Dungeon of Time (Switch)
Xenon Valkyrie+ (Vita)

[HEADING=3]December 21st[/HEADING]
The Next Penelope (Switch)
Tiny Metal (Switch)
Mom Hid My Game! (Switch, 3DS)
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King (Switch)
Puzzle Box Maker (Switch)
Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops XL (Switch)
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Switch)
Frederic: Resurrection of Music (Switch)
The Deer God (Switch)
Of Mice and Sand: Revised (Switch)
The Coma: Recut (Switch)
Guns, Gore & Cannoli (Switch)
Heart&Slash (Switch)
Tactical Mind (Switch)
Picross e8 (3DS)
Battleminerz (3DS)

Anything in the list catch your eye this week? Have you joined the legions of angry Half-Life fans emailing death threats to Gabe Newell for making a bridge constructor game instead of Half-Life 3? Do you wonder why the Switch release calendar looks like the PC release calendar now with about five thousand games each week that no one has ever heard of like I do? Let us know!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Well Tips, I'd imagine that the reason a wave of small name Switch games are coming out now is that its been a little over half a year since the Switch released, which is about the timetable you're looking at for small indie games made on the cheap (not that that's a bad thing a priori, I'm just making the observation). This is the first mass wave of developers who got their hands on a Switch, got an idea, and made it happen. And also for ports.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
SupahEwok said:
Well Tips, I'd imagine that the reason a wave of small name Switch games are coming out now is that its been a little over half a year since the Switch released, which is about the timetable you're looking at for small indie games made on the cheap (not that that's a bad thing a priori, I'm just making the observation). This is the first mass wave of developers who got their hands on a Switch, got an idea, and made it happen. And also for ports.
Ooooooh....yeah, I can see that.

Unfortunately that won't matter for me no more for I am not able to make these "New Game Release" articles anymore. Sorry peeps, you'll have to Google your new releases like I do :D

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
SupahEwok said:
Ooooooh....yeah, I can see that.

Unfortunately that won't matter for me no more for I am not able to make these "New Game Release" articles anymore. Sorry peeps, you'll have to Google your new releases like I do :D
I'm saddened to hear that. Especially since today is Yule day.. No the present I was expecting. ,)

Also, congrats on 8k posts!