New game releases - Week of October 29, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

So this week, your hero tippy2k2 is trying a new research system to these "New Release" posts that will hopefully catch everything that is coming out each week. I am not 100% sure how well it will work, but hopefully this will get a lot of those obscure titles that I seem to miss every week. Like for instance, this week we've got some sequel called Call of Duty: WWII. All I could think to myself was "Call of Duty: WWII, I didn't even see Call of Duty: WWI come out. Man, how does something so obscure get a sequel?".

[HEADING=3]October 30th[/HEADING]
King Oddball (Switch)

[HEADING=3]October 31st[/HEADING]
Creeping Terror (3DS)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4)
Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4, Xbox One)
Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (PS4, PC)
Final Fantasy XV - Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (PS4, Xbox One)
Beast Quest (PS4, Xbox One)
Spintires: Mudrunner (PS4, Xbox One)
8-Bit Adventure Anthology: Volume One (PS4, Xbox One)
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection (Xbox One)
Rush: A Disney / Pixar Adventure (Xbox One)
Disneyland Adventures (Xbox One)
Maria The Witch (Xbox One)
99Vidas (Xbox One)
Monopoly (Switch)
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (Switch)

[HEADING=3]November 2nd[/HEADING]
Phil's Epic Fill-a-Pix Adventure (3DS)

[HEADING=3]November 3rd[/HEADING]
Call of Duty: WWII (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
.hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4)

So while there is a lot of obscure game releases this week, any of them have you excited? Go ahead and comment on how well my new method did at finding games and which games you are excited for.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
From what I've seen of it, The Mummy Demastered looks really neat. I'm a sucker for that kind of retro-styled Metroidvaniay style of games, might have to give it a look when it lands on Xbox One.

Also, I'm still not over the fact that there's going to be a new Bubsy game. I'm absolutely certain nobody was asking for a new Bubsy game. Ever.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"Call of Duty: WWII, I didn't even see Call of Duty: WWI come out. Man, how does something so obscure get a sequel?"
-You could even say you did *Na-zii that comming.

hack//G.U. Last Recode looks interesting. The better trilogy getting a remaster AND new chapter? :D

*I have no regrets.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Tanis said:
-You could even say you did *Na-zii that comming.
I've heard that pun quite a Brit. People keep trying to Yank me with it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
[small]That's a whole lotta games, bro...[/small]

It's difficult to not admire the sheer boldness of the .hack// title for releasing not only on COD day, but also with a name that rolls off your tongue straight down your throat, choking you to death on your own midlife crisis.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
New game releases - Week of October 22, 2017

Sometimes games can feel like living in a retirement community. All we do is find ourselves looking backward to the "good old days," ready to relive parts of our youth we loved. For most, this is simple escapism to memory, but for videogames it's a tale told in sequels. And there are a lot of sequels here. Some of these franchises are older than many members of this forum. In fact, I would wager that the vast majority of The Escapist's users are younger than Wolfenstein (1981) and Super Mario (1985)... So get off my lawn, I'm heading to Denny's for the Early Bird Special for my 3pm dinner and then playing Wolfenstein 3D again, but in actual 3D this time.

[HEADING=3]October 24th[/HEADING]
Destiny 2 (PC)
The Mummy Demastered (PS4, PC, Xbox One, Switch)
Road Rage (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (PS4, PC, Switch)
Just Dance 2018 (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)

[HEADING=3]October 27th[/HEADING]
Assassin's Creed: Origins (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (PS4, PC, Xbox One)

Anyway, once you're done sobbing about being so damn old (or get off my damn lawn you young whippersnapper, pending your age), feel free to comment about which game you are excited for.

So this week, your hero tippy2k2 is trying a new research system to these "New Release" posts that will hopefully catch everything that is coming out each week. I am not 100% sure how well it will work, but hopefully this will get a lot of those obscure titles that I seem to miss every week. Like for instance, this week we've got some sequel called Call of Duty: WWII. All I could think to myself was "Call of Duty: WWII, I didn't even see Call of Duty: WWI come out. Man, how does something so obscure get a sequel?".

[HEADING=3]October 30th[/HEADING]
King Oddball (Switch)
The Mummy Demastered (PS4, PC, Xbox One, Switch)
Road Rage (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (PS4, PC, Switch)
Just Dance 2018 (PS4, PC, Xbox One)

[HEADING=3]October 31st[/HEADING]
Creeping Terror (3DS)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4)
Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4, Xbox One)
Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (PS4, PC)
Final Fantasy XV - Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (PS4, Xbox One)
Beast Quest (PS4, Xbox One)
Spintires: Mudrunner (PS4, Xbox One)
8-Bit Adventure Anthology: Volume One (PS4, Xbox One)
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection (Xbox One)
Rush: A Disney / Pixar Adventure (Xbox One)
Disneyland Adventures (Xbox One)
Maria The Witch (Xbox One)
99Vidas (Xbox One)
Monopoly (Switch)
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers (Switch)

[HEADING=3]November 2nd[/HEADING]
Phil's Epic Fill-a-Pix Adventure (3DS)

[HEADING=3]November 3rd[/HEADING]
Call of Duty: WWII (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
.hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4)

So while there is a lot of obscure game releases this week, any of them have you excited? Go ahead and comment on how well my new method did at finding games and which games you are excited for.

According to GameStop, Road Rash Rage doesn't come out until November 14th of this year. I have never seen a preorder option for this Road Rash Clone on PlayStation Network or Steam. So I have my doubts that it won't get cancelled or delayed again.

Edit
I didn't notice The Mummy Demastered on both list until now.
I'm too lazy to see if any others are on both.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Jacked Assassin said:
According to GameStop, Road Rash Rage doesn't come out until November 14th of this year. I have never seen a preorder option for this Road Rash Clone on PlayStation Network or Steam. So I have my doubts that it won't get cancelled or delayed again.
...yikes, I done Epically F'ed up this week :D

I'm going to have to go through my dealy tomorrow and untangle whatever the heck I did for it is already past tippy2k2's bedtime and he gets cranky at work if he doesn't get enough sleep :(

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Why do the put Zoo Tycoon on Xbox One..?
Maybe Civilization III should go next?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Battle Chasers was an AMAZING comic around 1998.
Really sad that the maker left the publisher and story never got finished.

So quite looking forward to this game for a while now!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Target is running a sale of buy two games, get the third one free. I see at LEAST three games I want to pick up this week, but because Target doesn't like my money, I can promise that the only one they're going to have is Call of Duty: WWII. Sigh...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I think I fixed my whoopsy. Maybe. Possibly. 50/50.

Sniper Team 4 said:
Target is running a sale of buy two games, get the third one free. I see at LEAST three games I want to pick up this week, but because Target doesn't like my money, I can promise that the only one they're going to have is Call of Duty: WWII. Sigh...
Really? Out of curiosity, which three cause I don't really know any of these except for CoD and I played a .hack game forever ago on the PS1 or maybe PS2...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
I think I fixed my whoopsy. Maybe. Possibly. 50/50.

Sniper Team 4 said:
Really? Out of curiosity, which three cause I don't really know any of these except for CoD and I played a .hack game forever ago on the PS1 or maybe PS2...
Well, since you asked... :)

Nights of Azure 2. Played the first one and I'm curious about the sequel. Fully admit that the game is not for everyone, and frankly it got really, REALLY repetitive and the story was kind of all over the place, but I had enough fun with it that I wouldn't mind picking up the sequel to see if they've improved it.

Steven Universe: Save the Light, although I admit that this would probably be the one that I'm the most reserved about. I love the show, but Cartoon Network doesn't exactly have an...amazing track record when it comes to adapting their stuff to video games. Still, hearing how much care went into it, I do have hope. Sadly, there has been absolutely zero buzz or hype about this game on CN's part, so I'm not so sure.

.Hack//G.U. Trilogy. I played the first four game and had enough fun with them--again, they got really repetitive real quick--but the story was what drove me. This sequel trilogy improved on the gameplay enough that it was varied to keep it just above mindless hack and slash that the first games ended up being. And seeing how the characters and story from the first series affected these games was a huge plus for me too. Loved seeing the return of characters and whatnot. Honestly, hoping that if this sells well, they'll release the original four games too.
And you played the .Hack games on the PS2. ;-)

And of course, Call of Duty.

emilybreckejn

Feb 27, 2017
Howdy folks, is Call of Duty: WWII worth getting or should I wait until the price drops a lot and enjoy it then. So many good games coming out recently.