New Gameplay footage for Resident Evil 2 Remake, this time showing Claire Redfield.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

Discuss. Because holy shit they already showed off William Birkin!? Now I still look forward to how he will mutate into his more scarier looking forms.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ninjamedic said:
"It's like, a nightmare!"

Yeah, not looking forward to this one...
I want a mod on the PC version that removes the idle banter of the charcaters.

But to be fair, Resident Evil has more or less always done that, case in point Darkside Chronicles:

Leon "This is like a horror movie"

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Ninjamedic said:

Loved that line, it felt appropriately off-kilter. I love Claire's design as well. It's great finally seeing her in motion.

Anyways that footage looks mind blowingly terrific. As the original being one of my most favorite games of all time this is like a dream come true! I want this game so bad.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ninjamedic said:

Yeah, that.. wasn't good. I noticed some of this weird disconnected in-game speech in Leon's demo as well. I mean, the line itself is fine, but in the heat of this encounter with a hulking mutant bearing down on her.. It just comes across as Claire not being all there. Like, there isn't even any stress to her voice when she's saying it.

Her design looks a bit better here, maybe I'm just used to it more, and her voice acting (in the cinematics) sounds good. Chief Irons looks a bit dopey though. His face doesn't really convey the threat and intention that's supposed to be behind this guy.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
Ninjamedic said:

Yeah, that.. wasn't good. I noticed some of this weird disconnected in-game speech in Leon's demo as well. I mean, the line itself is fine, but in the heat of this encounter with a hulking mutant bearing down on her.. It just comes across as Claire not being all there. Like, there isn't even any stress to her voice when she's saying it.

Her design looks a bit better here, maybe I'm just used to it more, and her voice acting (in the cinematics) sounds good. Chief Irons looks a bit dopey though. His face doesn't really convey the threat and intention that's supposed to be behind this guy.
I am more baffled that William didn't crush Claire's skull with that giant mutated arm of his when he grabbed her head.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
I am more baffled that William didn't crush Claire's skull with that giant mutated arm of his when he grabbed her head.
Well, his hand does seem to be a bit spoogey there -- it doesn't really have the big claw on it yet. And it looks like if you give it enough time that will actually happen in that fight. Claire throws some kind of grenade to get out of his grip that first time, and the second time the demo cuts away before we see the kill.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I wonder if the player was choosing to have the crosshairs/HUD hidden for this, or if it's just a replay. Coz it would be freaking hard to hit the weak spots if so (the first shot at least). I have seen other footage with crosshairs, so I'm guessing it's just for showcase purposes. RE games sure love their laser dots though, wouldn't be surprised to see these featured in the game, either as a weapon mod or option.

Environments, sounds, settings, and effects all look fantastic. Really looking forward to this release more than any other game right now. Also want to see what they've done in terms of mercenaries/raid mode replayability. My friend and I used to crank that shit every chance we got (which is rare nowadays, but still).

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The game looks great, and my initial disappointment that they weren't going the REmake route (tank controls etc) has disappeared.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silvanus said:
The game looks great, and my initial disappointment that they weren't going the REmake route (tank controls etc) has disappeared.
Yeah but now its gonna make my playthrough of the classic games inconsistant. I wanted this game to be in line with RE Zero, Remake 1, and Outbreak. But no, it had to be RE 4 :(

Now they have to remake all the classic games to make my playthrough of the whole series feel consistant :(

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I can't wait. It's been a long time since I was excited for a Resident Evil game. The last time a Resident Evil game hyped me was when I first saw the Resident Evil 5 trailer in 2008 I think. Remember how amazing it looked back then?

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
I can't wait. It's been a long time since I was excited for a Resident Evil game. The last time a Resident Evil game hyped me was when I first saw the Resident Evil 5 trailer in 2008 I think. Remember how amazing it looked back then?
Yeah, and then they turned it into co-op. :(

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Adam Jensen said:
Co-op wasn't RE5's problem. Everything else was.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
Casual Shinji said:
Adam Jensen said:
Co-op wasn't RE5's problem. Everything else was.
Not considering the initial reveal, which clearly showed larger levels, larger crowds of enemies, and no Sheva. But seeing as the PS3/360 era was the height of co-op popularity Capcom obviously had to follow the trend. Not that it was a bad co-op game, but by its nature co-op doesn't lend itself well for exploring and drinking in the atmosphere. RE5 feels like you're running through a bunch of linear shooting ranges, as the game is designed to hurry you along, probably so as not annoy the other player.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Really looking forward to this, but Claire's voice acting and some of her facial animations are really "off" here. Hopefully they iron that out a bit.