New Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer Has An Oddly Familiar Ring

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer Has An Oddly Familiar Ring

The new Ghost Recon: Future Soldier trailer wants you to fight dirty and kill with skill.

I'm a little confused here. The latest Ghost Recon: Future Soldier seems to be promoting the game as a sort of high-tech, low-profile exercise in infiltration, stealth and precision tactics. Yet unless my ears deceive me, it's narrated by none other than Grayson Hunt, the man best known for his noisy, booze-fueled slaughter sprees and inventing the word "dicktits." Is this really the kind of guy you want heading up your covert ops division?

Anyway, this new trailer is about what you'd expect from a game called Future Soldier, as high-tech good guys packing cloaking devices and magnetic imaging hardware lay the silent-but-deadly smackdown on a bunch of unlucky goons who can't afford all those toys. There's also an incoming missile rocketing majestically above gleaming highrises and of course the classic "didn't see it coming" neck-snapper.

It's pretty standard stuff as far as near-future military shooters go, although it does look mighty sexy. What puts it over the top for me is Mr. Hunt's warning that only chumps play by the rules. "When you're outnumbered, and the most advanced arsenal is at your disposal, fighting fair just isn't an option," he says. Alas, he does not follow that up with a threat to kill your dick, but I suppose Ubisoft has to draw the line somewhere.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to come out on May for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The recently re-announced PC version does not yet have a release date.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Tom Clancy probably wouldn't condone "dick-killing" anyway.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm still waiting for a game that puts me in the shoes of some poor guy with a rusty AK-47 and pits me against the clean cut soldiers with millions of dollars worth of technology packed into every square inch of their heroically outthrust chins.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Steve Blum, why can't you ever use your other voices? I know you have them, but you're always Spike Spiegal or Oghren.

Palfreyfish

Mar 18, 2011
nikki191 said:
looks interesting and and something i would get but sorry this thieving pc owner as you describe us all is one lost sale to you :)

*sneaks out aafter snaping the neck of Ubisoft DRM tango*
This is a good point. Will it have Ubi's notoriously shit DRM? Probably. Looks like a damn good game though.

NvrPhazed

Dec 8, 2010
As a fan of the old games this makes me a little queasy because it almost seems it is selling out in favor for health regeneration and Hollywood-esque style of action instead of a real gritty one shot you're dead style that I liked so much before. Why be stealthy if your health regenerates?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
'When the most advanced armament is at your disposal fighting fair isn't an option' ??

I'm not going to be, but it would be easy to go political and social on this trailers particular message

dot0rai

Aug 2, 2010
So I watched the trailer to see if there was any part of it like the old trailer (http://youtu.be/VhVx3jBXRSY), and I saw the release date is now late May.

Ubisoft, are you trying to say that you do not want anyone to play this?!?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
oh look military shooter that isnt battlefield....oh wait...it has color? variety in gameplay? tom clancy style? POTENTIALLY GOOD WRITTING?!

HOLY FUCK!!! ILL TAKE TEN!!!