New GTA Will be the "Largest and Most Ambitious" Yet

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Here is a hint to Rockstar: more places to buy shit. What is the point in accruing wealth if all you can buy is a few three-piece suits and some body armor?

You had it right in Vice City. Now remember that.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
GiantRaven said:
All the Grand Theft Auto games suffer from failing missions in the most irritating of ways, it isn't a problem solely contained to GTA IV.
Yes they did all have these issues but GTA4 turned it up to eleven, the old arcadey engines meant there is a limited number of ways everything will behave and you quickly learned the tricks, but with the Euphoria engine everything can go wrong in thousands of ways and you can never figure it out, just try and try again until the law of averages let's you pass.

And the engine is the smallest part of the overall tedium

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Everything I ever wanted: San Andreas in HD, with a player character that is NOT CJ. Imagine how much more fun it would have been if you played as Cesar. Cesar I liked. CJ I just wanted to slap.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I hope you can still climb that huge hill/mountain thing, then do a wheelie off it on a medal bike.

And I'm all up for a big GTA game, as having epic police chases around a city is the main reason I enjoy GTA.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
so, 3 times smaller map, worse gameplay, and they call it improvement? WHAT THE HELL?

Maybe this time they will expand the game in different directions, in S.A you went south to San Fiero and west to Las Venturas. Maybe you will get to go north to whatever is north of L.A, Seattle maybe? Or further out east in to the ocean, Hawaii might be bit of a swim...
No, you went west to San Fierro and North to Las Venturas. learn to read your map.

Mar 30, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Hopefully Rockstar brings back the excellent character customization from San Andreas. There was nothing in that game more eminently satisfying than force feeding CJ until he looked like a small blimp, then having him strafe cars in a jet pack while humming Flight of the Valkyries [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q]. Bring that back, Rockstar, seriously. Oh, and a proper PC port would be nice.
I gotta disagree with you, I'm afraid. Those physical attributes and weapon skills just turned parts of San Andreas into a grind-fest! Endless gym visits to upgrade stamina and muscle, all that time spent bobbing around in the open water just to do that one mission for Woozie, the endless gunbattles with the cops which whilst fun involved burning through Sweet's missions at the start of the game to unlock Ammunation - whenever I think of starting a new game of San Andreas these are the things that make me think that maybe I'll just go and play RDR instead.

MajorDolphin said:
Customization is a must. Oh, and the horse track betting location needs to be close to a safe house again. That was the fastest way to make millions of dollars in SA without cheating. :D
You do know that save-scumming is cheating, right? Just sayin'.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Uhuh. And how many discs is it going to take to render an area larger than San Andreas at current gen graphics?

I don't care how large it is, just find that sweet spot between absurd humour and insane violence with memorable characters and dialogue. Give us Pulp Fiction in videogame form.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
I just hope there's no more clingy girlfriends, nor any more retards you have to cart around. All you had to do Smoke, was shoot the guys less than six feet away.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Grouchy Imp said:
MajorDolphin said:
Customization is a must. Oh, and the horse track betting location needs to be close to a safe house again. That was the fastest way to make millions of dollars in SA without cheating. :D
You do know that save-scumming is cheating, right? Just sayin'.
I wouldn't say its "cheating". Just a simple loophole in the design. :D Let it ALL ride!