New Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser Blasts Off

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
New Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser Blasts Off

It's a trailer for a trailer, because we now live in metaworld.

With Summer about to begin, Marvel is ramping up marketing for Guardians of the Galaxy, and you know what that means: Moar trailers!

On Monday at 10 AM Pacific, a new full length Guardians of the Galaxy trailer is launching, and with it, the cast is holding a <a href=https://www.facebook.com/guardiansofthegalaxy>live Q&A on Facebook. To prime the pump, here's a 30 second teaser released last night.

I know what you're thinking: a trailer for a trailer? But obviously, you can't release advertising without releasing advertising for the advertising. And then, because people need to know about the advertising you released for the advertising, you have to release <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134571-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Poster-Is-All-About-The-Space-Action>other advertising for the advertising for the advertising. But then then you have to releasing even more advertising for the advertising for the advertising for the advertising, and then Xeno's paradox comes into play, which means we may never actually make to Monday morning. And then: ANEURYSM! Sorry!

More seriously, even though this is just a tease for the actual trailer, once again I'm forced to say that I cannot wait even a little bit for Guardians. And is it just me, or does this seem more and more like a riff on Firefly? Star-Lord's dialogue here feels a lot like stuff that could come out of Mal's mouth. And I have zero problems with that.

Check back on Monday for the full trailer, and let us know what you think of the advertising for the advertising in comments.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, a trailer for a trailer is pretty silly.

I once saw an announcement of the date of release for a trailer of a trailer. That was for a game though.

Still think this has the potential to be the first Marvel film I really like. Silly sci-fi instead of costumed superheroes. Yes please.

WickedFire

Apr 25, 2011
I would say that this is meant to be more of a trailer for the live QA than the actual other trailer.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Aw, man. I can't wait to watch the movie, it looks so cool!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Not much to go on in this teaser trailer thing. Lots of action, Groot giving a girl a flower, and the obligatory kissing scene. Still, this thing did its job. I will certainly check back on Monday to see the real trailer. I am so pumped for this movie.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Trailer for a trailer it may be, but it sure as hell got me LOADS more excited about the movie than 90% of trailers these past few years, so... :D

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of Blue Suede.

This tonal shift is enough to make me reconsider seeing the movie... the next trailer better have A LOT of Blue Suede.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Transformers did the same a few days ago...The suspense nearly killed me.

But yeh this looks awesome, can't wait for the new trailer =D

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
Goddamit they got me! I'm suckered hard into this one. It can taste how awesome it's going to be.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
*goes to read a comic book* It's always better in my head.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I'm amused by the idea of a teaser for a trailer. I don't see it catching on, though - it strikes me as being like a really cute commercial that is really cute the first time you see it, then gets really old, really fast. As this is the first time I've "seen" it, it's cute.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
I wonder if that blue chick facing off against the green chick--whose name I don't recall but who's title is "The Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy"--is Nebula, the daughter of Thanos.

That would be a definite link to the 3rd Avengers movie.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
Copper Zen said:
I wonder if that blue chick facing off against the green chick--whose name I don't recall but who's title is "The Most Dangerous Woman in the Galaxy"--is Nebula, the daughter of Thanos.

That would be a definite link to the 3rd Avengers movie.
They confirmed that is definitely Nebula, GRANDdaughter (supposedly) of Thanos, fighting off against Gamora, ADOPTIVE daughter of Thanos.

The whole Thanos clan is basically in this flick.

I'm hyped for this. Trying not to get TOO hyped (and getting let down by a good, if not great, film), but I've always LOVED Marvel cosmic, so this is practical Christmas every time more Guardians of the Galaxy pops up.