New Japanese-Developed Bra Only Opens When a Woman is "In Love"

Nilanius

Apr 6, 2009
I know I can't be the only one picturing this scene:

"Hello miss, can you tell me how to get to... wow... did your bra just pop open?"

Love at first sight instantly leads to awkwardness!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Angelous Wang said:
The fact is you don't need to unhook a bra to get it off, most bra straps are strechy enough for you to just pull it wider and up over the girls head. Or failing that sliding it downward doesn't require any effort (on a non-fat girl anyway, I don't mean that offensively).

The hooks are just for practically.

It's the same as a coat or shirt, the idea may be to use the zippier/buttons to get it on and off, but you don't really need to.
What kind of clothes do you wear? 0_o Most of mine would be torn to shreds if I tried to remove them without undoing whatever fasteners, buttons or whatever keep them shut...

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
"Needless to say, this is something parents and women might be interested in"

LMFAO! Are you for real, man?!

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
-Rollercoasters
-A really good horror/action movie
-A really good videogame
-Sports

A short list off the top of my head of other situations in which some poor unfortunate woman may end up having a major wardrobe malfunction.

Mooboo Magoo

Aug 22, 2011
So wait, the bra flies open if the woman's heart rate gets higher than a certain level?

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but if someone was going to rape you and your body entered fight or flight response, the last thing you'd probably want is your underwear leaping off your body.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Might be a bit awkward if you spy love at first sight across a crowded shop or something...

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Dango said:
Instant internet over-analyzing of dumb niche gimmick initiate.
But what is the Internet even for, if it's not for that?

Personally I think this calls for some serious scientific experimentation. Y'know, to determine the "effectiveness". The results could be... revealing. Anybody want to volunteer as a test subject to 1) wear the bra in question, or 2) try to unhook it? (Why do I have an inkling that there'd be more volunteers for #2 than #1.)

And of course, for a REAL test, you'd need a control group. Maybe married women whose husbands have to unhook the bra. If Disney is correct there should be a 100% success rate, right? Right?

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
inb4 "So you are saying it will NEVER Open"... Oh wait.

In all seriousness, seems interesting. In a sense of what would be the impact of wearing a bluetooth transmitter for extended periods. Will women begin periodic checks for "love" instead of "lumps"

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Ok, first of all this is clearly just a marketing gimmick, not a real product.

Second, the number of people in this thread talking about bras "flying off" is genuinely starting to concern me. Outside of cartoons or whatever, that doesn't happen.

But if this were a real product, there are a few obvious ways in which it would fail to achieve its apparent purpose:

- You don't need to take your bra off to have sex.
- At a pinch, you can remove a bra without undoing the clasps.
- Regardless of whatever safeguards are put in place, there are obviously going to be instances when it undoes itself in the wrong situation.
- Just because someone's physically aroused/"in love" doesn't mean they want their underwear to start undoing itself.

So... stupid idea is stupid, I guess? And lots of people have no idea how bras work. Good to know.

EDIT: Oh and of course there's the whole thorny issue of the idea that women should only be having sex out of love, not because they just fancy having some sex, but we probably don't need to be taking this product that seriously.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
I'm more concerned about the mindset of those promoting this thing, and those potentially thinking it is a good idea.

The whole thing seems to be promoting the following:

a) That women should only have intimate relationships with their "true love"
b) That the decision to remove their bra should be forced upon them by a device
c) That emotional states can be deterministically quantified, and thus that those that do not conform are not "truly in love"

But, then again, mass marketers aren't known for their progressive thinking.

DJ_Bunce

Jan 20, 2010
Azuaron said:
Since it unhooks based on heart rate, other things that will unhook this bra (remember, it unhooks automatically):

Exercising.

Watching a scary movie.

Being held up at knife point. Just imagine this one. "Give me all your money and no one gets hurt!" *bra unhooks* "Uhhhh...."
And if that's not the hook for the next creepy hentai film, I really don't know what is...

DJ_Bunce

Jan 20, 2010
...alright, how long before someone develops an app sending out signals to all bras in local area, unhooking all of them in unison?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
How to test your 5 year marriage is healthy? Buy that bra for your wife, try and take it off. Have proof if your wife doesnt love you and now time for a divorce. :)

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Yes, this is very progressive. Woman are just meat puzzles to be unlocked when certain biological requirements have been met.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
1/28 Headline, Japan
AP: "After Suki was nearly hit by the car, she rested on the sidewalk. On-lookers were joining by her side as she panted out of breath, her heart racing, when her bra spontaneously popped open."

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
People making the argument that some people just want to have sex for the fun of it just kind of sound like they're scared that they won't just be able to lie to women to get them to have sex. That argument is like saying tuxedos shouldn't exist because what if you want to play sports. If you're interested in having a one night stand or even open to the idea, you probably aren't going to buy a bra that only opens when you're in love. This is clearly designed with women like myself in mind, who only want to have sex with someone they are in a deep relationship with