New League of Legends Champion Leaked

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New League of Legends Champion Leaked

Vel'Koz is a giant floating tentacled eyeball who shoots lasers.

League of Legends fans on reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1vcr7m/next_champion_to_be_released_is_a_beholder_proof/cer5x9k] have discovered a practically complete, as-of-yet unannounced, new champion. His name is Vel'Koz, and he is a giant floating tentacled eyeball from the void, who utilizes eye lasers in his abilities. He will be a "mage" archetype champion, who uses mana and apparently has some high combo potential with his abilities.

Check him out in action below:

Here's a screenshot of all of his eye-laser inspired abilities:

Although Riot has not officially announced Vel'Koz, the screenshots seem pretty legit. Users have also pointed out that you can actually see Vel'Koz in Viktor's official splash art [http://i.imgur.com/JBTEctc.jpg].

Vel'Koz seems like he would be a pretty cool champion to play. Riot have been giving us a lot of stock standard "humanoid" champions as of late, so it's good to see some more monsters entering the league. Vel'Koz is obviously inspired by the "Beholder" demons that have previously been featured in games such as Doom and World of Warcraft.

All I can think is, the people who draw League of Legends "rule 34's" are going to have a field day with this one...

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1ve03m/new_void_champion/]

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Looks pretty legit. If it's a fake it's damn convincing. If it's true I'm real glad they're adding non-humanoids into the mix.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Oh wow, a non-human champion that does not seem to have an anthro-ized face like skarner, cho-gath or kha-zix.
If it also doesn't talk like every other champion in the history of league ever, this might actually be something new for once.
At least in terms of design.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
I don't care about his mechanics, all I need to know is that he's purple because now I can simply yell one phrase while playing him.
TENTACLE GRAPE!!!

Seriously though, I will definitely play him because I love void characters.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I really hope this is real. I love me some mages, and I love void characters. Beholders are also badass!

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Sadly I'm not really good with non-assassin types, but hey, gotta get out of my shell somehow. Why not him? Oh right, I wanted to try Lucian...better get grinding.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
As of right now I'm unsure of whether this is real or fake, I guess time will tell. Kind of optimistic since they would be divulging from the "Humanoid Champions" formula, at least.

I still think a dragon of the storms would have been cooler though.
(STILL WAITING FOR THAT AO SHIN, RIOT.)

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
I have a question. Why are 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, 2 ears, a head, etc human features? These are very common features in nature....

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
the doom cannon said:
I have a question. Why are 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, 2 ears, a head, etc human features? These are very common features in nature....
because the human posture and abosable thumbs aren't, also while the features you did list are commanin nature but the human version stands out in the same way that you can tell soemthing is more bird like if it is given a beak(even giving it the look of a certain bird) e.g. khajit in elderscrolls they are based of cats but, they have a human posture, body proportions, abosable thumbs, human gender differences. Though they are also catafied humans, they have a cats head, fur, tail, feet.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I may need to hunt it down, but I am pretty sure riot had a teaser for that champion a couple months ago. All I'm remembering at the moment is a teaser with a picture of the champ's outline. I remember thinking it looked like a floating serpent/dragon, but this looks right. I'll put up a link if I find it, that would add some legitimacy to the OP.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
LostCrusader said:
I may need to hunt it down, but I am pretty sure riot had a teaser for that champion a couple months ago. All I'm remembering at the moment is a teaser with a picture of the champ's outline. I remember thinking it looked like a floating serpent/dragon, but this looks right. I'll put up a link if I find it, that would add some legitimacy to the OP.
You're thinking of Ao Shin, the storm dragon.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ao_Shin

He's still a ways off. They're kind of inconsistant on how they choose to tease champs.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm it make me wonder what it be like if Takahata played as him (I've been watching his LOL playthrough).

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Sseth said:
He looks like he's filling the same AP artillery role as Xerath. He also looks easy to kill if you get close to him as he has practically no escapes or defensive mechanisms (though we didn't see his passive). Looks fun though
Two slows, a knock-up/stun, and area denial are damn good escapes especially on such short cooldowns. With assassins being nerfed significantly overall, a mage with 4/4 escapes and defensive mechanisms has a lot of escapes and defensive mechanisms. All this and we have yet to see the passive.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
the doom cannon said:
Kha zix and skarner had no business having a mouth that opens vertically and something that doesn't walk on 2 legs is super rare anyway.

Symbio Joe

Dec 7, 2010
A squid that shoots lasers? Oh sneaky riot let go of my wallet. Also Fisherman's Wife Ahri skin coming up.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
Sseth said:
He looks like he's filling the same AP artillery role as Xerath. He also looks easy to kill if you get close to him as he has practically no escapes or defensive mechanisms (though we didn't see his passive). Looks fun though
His E looks to be a knock up, while not an escape move par-say, it could be used for an escape. This Vel'Koz looks like he or she or it'll strongly benefit from Liandri's Torment too.

erttheking said:
Sadly I'm not really good with non-assassin types, but hey, gotta get out of my shell somehow. Why not him? Oh right, I wanted to try Lucian...better get grinding.
Try learning Viktor, he takes time to master but when you do, it's so satisfying cleaning up house with him. It's also ultra satisfying when you have a Darius or some asshate raging at you for picking a terrible champion and then single-handedly carry the entire team doing more magic damage because Viktor is AoE stun, particularly with Rylei's Scepter, Rabbadon's Deathcap and Liandri's Torment.

As for the post, my first thought upon seeing this character was 'Huh, Malz is bringing friends over' but after seeing him pointed out on the Creator Viktor's splash art, Viktor may have made himself a pet.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I like it, I thought for a second that Riot had lapsed into the generic "humanoid with melee weapon, straight line skillshot with an escape" archetype after Yasuo's disappointing launch, (then again the follow up to Jinx had some big shoes to fill) but an eyeball mage thing is damn cool.

Inb4 they make his second skin as tentacle-y as possible.

Jaeke said:
So they took Lucian's Ult, made it useful and put it on this guy?
Do you even play Lucien? His ult may be quite context specific but it is nowhere near weak. With attack speed (read: Ghostblade active) it does tons of damage and takes years to stop firing. You use it when being chased for ludicrous "stop chasing or die" damage and activate it when you're fighting but are out of range for all your other abilities.

It's hard to use sure, but far from useless.